Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 7th September 2011, 15:44   #9701  |  Link
dado023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
The short answer is if your PC is not dropping or glitching frames then your MadVR is functioning as intended.
In regards quality it's your choice as to which scaling algorithm you use, whatever suits your content and looks good to you and doesn't cause any frame related errors.
There are no "best quality" options with upscaling the 'trade quality for performance' options are not enabled by default and thus MadVR is setup for the highest output quality out of the box.
then i am all set ......

but again, i wonder, beacuse by default luma upscaling is set to Lanczos which has high red bars???

how come this is default when it has red bars on aliasing and ringing?
Old 7th September 2011, 17:03   #9702  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
The short answer is if your PC is not dropping or glitching frames then your MadVR is functioning as intended.
Unless the levels are being detected incorrectly which you would have to fix with “force to full range input” or whatever, but that shouldn't really be an issue with 99.999% of the content out there (number pulled out of my ass).
Old 7th September 2011, 17:59   #9703  |  Link
luk008

I've started using madVR recently.
I have dual boot with XP and Seven x64.
I've realized that when I run mpc-hc on seven there are a lot of presentation glitches (120 per episode), but this doesn't occur on XP.
Why this happen?
I'm using spline and my GPU is 9800 GT 520 MB

Thanks
luk008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 18:38   #9704  |  Link
nabow

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk008 View Post
I've realized that when I run mpc-hc on seven there are a lot of presentation glitches (120 per episode), but this doesn't occur on XP.
Why this happen?

Thanks
Maybe spline is too high for you, when i play some hd files, gpu-z reports around 400mb memory usage.
nabow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 18:43   #9705  |  Link
nabow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portioli View Post
Can anybody upload or just post some links with samples of vc1 interlaced material please? (.m2ts and .mkv)

Google is not my friend this time.

Thanks in advance!
http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/hi...n-trailers.php

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1157287
nabow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 20:14   #9706  |  Link
kalston

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk008 View Post
Why this happen?

Thanks
Could be the common nVidia driver issues a lot of people are having (apparently madshi experienced it himself).

Maybe you have the latest drivers (280.xx) on 7 64 but are using older ones on XP (would have to be 260.xx or older)?

Your GPU is, IMO, beefy enough even for HD. I had a 8800GTS 512 not so long ago and it didn't struggle at all with HD playback and madVR's scaling settings.

Last edited by kalston; 7th September 2011 at 20:16.
kalston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 21:03   #9707  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

Madshi:
I implemented video position/zoom that doesn't move the destination window.
All seems well, except for some reason, GPU load goes up by about 50%-100% when zooming in.
I'm not sure if it's a bug or if the clipping requires more horse power.
Old 8th September 2011, 01:54   #9708  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Would it be possible to use /multiple/ .3dluts, say, 3x2 that are sampled at different points on the screen, and interpolated in realtime, to account for panel uniformity issues?
Would it even be possible to interpolate the 4 results in realtime on a GPU? I'd guess it should.

This was an idea suggested to be my SoupRKnowva, but I like the sound of it. It's the only way to create location-aware .3dluts (without going for the full 200 TB-sized 1920x1080x256x256x256 LUTs).
Old 8th September 2011, 08:03   #9709  |  Link
Andy o

Is anybody doing IVTC successfully (displayed at 24p) with madVR and an AMD card, specifically with NTSC DVD-remuxed MPEG 2? I tried Dscaler IVTC but I'm just getting crashes when trying to open the decoder's properties, and it's not working right out of the box so to speak. I can get IVTC without problem if I use DXVA, but of course madVR is out.

In a related note, I suppose Nvidia has an advantage on this with decoders like LAV CUVID?
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 09:00   #9710  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Is anybody doing IVTC successfully (displayed at 24p) with madVR and an AMD card, specifically with NTSC DVD-remuxed MPEG 2? I tried Dscaler IVTC but I'm just getting crashes when trying to open the decoder's properties, and it's not working right out of the box so to speak. I can get IVTC without problem if I use DXVA, but of course madVR is out.

In a related note, I suppose Nvidia has an advantage on this with decoders like LAV CUVID?
I'm using an AMD 4850 and madVR, with Dscaler IVTC.

The Dscaler properties are only available (or only stick) when accessed during playback. I can't say much about your crash - but it doesn't crash for me.

It works brilliantly for IVTC on 1080i 60hz (really 24p) TS files.

But for NTSC dvd almost any decoder will do IVTC. It's only 1080i TS files that were problematic.
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 09:24   #9711  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

You need to open the properties through GraphStudio or something, MPC-HC will crash because of security guidelines from DEP.
Old 8th September 2011, 10:57   #9712  |  Link
Andy o

Ah, thanks both. But my reason for trying DScaler was that other MPEG-2 decoders didn't do IVTC with 480i content (DVD-sourced). Was I missing something? I tried LAV video, ffdshow, and the MPC one. Also Cyberlink's PDVD8 in SW mode. They still gave me interlacing artifacts and no IVTC at all. When using a DXVA chain (AMD 5770) it was fine though. If I can't get this to work, I might swap to my GTX 460 once again.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 11:21   #9713  |  Link
Shah Jahan

Is there a way to make madVR work with TotalMedia Theatre 5 (TMT5)?
Shah Jahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 11:30   #9714  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shah Jahan View Post
Is there a way to make madVR work with TotalMedia Theatre 5 (TMT5)?
Nope.
mzso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 11:31   #9715  |  Link
italospain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
I'm using an AMD 4850 and madVR, with Dscaler IVTC.

The Dscaler properties are only available (or only stick) when accessed during playback. I can't say much about your crash - but it doesn't crash for me.

It works brilliantly for IVTC on 1080i 60hz (really 24p) TS files.

But for NTSC dvd almost any decoder will do IVTC. It's only 1080i TS files that were problematic.
I have a lot ntsc dvd´s only DScaler IVTC Mod is able to do IVTC right together with madVR (no hardware IVTC) .

Last edited by italospain; 8th September 2011 at 13:15.
italospain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 11:50   #9716  |  Link
TheElix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
Nope.
He's right.
TheElix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 12:37   #9717  |  Link
noee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Ah, thanks both. But my reason for trying DScaler was that other MPEG-2 decoders didn't do IVTC with 480i content (DVD-sourced). Was I missing something? I tried LAV video, ffdshow, and the MPC one. Also Cyberlink's PDVD8 in SW mode. They still gave me interlacing artifacts and no IVTC at all. When using a DXVA chain (AMD 5770) it was fine though. If I can't get this to work, I might swap to my GTX 460 once again.
I'm using Dscaler ivtc mod with HD6570 and HD6520, both with madVR, using jRiver Media Center, works great with my ripped NTSC DVD material. Dscaler props crash because of MPC-HC DEP, works fine with jRiver.
noee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 16:48   #9718  |  Link
Portioli
Continuous Beta Tester

Cancel post, delete it!

Last edited by Portioli; 8th September 2011 at 16:55.
Portioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 17:38   #9719  |  Link
Gser

DScaler IVTC mod works sometimes on 1080i files and sometimes there is a lot of weaving (tested on reference blu-ray material). Personally I prefer to use FFDshow with the DScaler Phase filter from Direct264. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1189064 Download link here https://code.google.com/p/direct264umod/
Gser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 00:27   #9720  |  Link
Budtz

sync problems

I seem to be getting a dropped frame about every five minutes. This is with reclock. Shouldnt this be better? I have monitor on 24hz as well as the video and the clock icon is green. I think it goes up from 3 to 5 minutes if i enable reclock.

My playback is very smoth and i have a pretty good tv so i notice it when it happens.
Budtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling