Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 5th April 2009, 19:20   #2401  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea
What are people doing for movies with more than 1 m2ts for the main feature...
@Furiousflea: Well... I'd say this is one of the weirdest messages you posted for the last month... Either my english needs some schooling or you're saying and asking something that I can't figure out
He was refering to Seamless Branched Discs
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 19:28   #2402  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
@Furiousflea: Well... I'd say this is one of the weirdest messages you posted for the last month... Either my english needs some schooling or you're saying and asking something that I can't figure out
lol cheeky!

Thanks tekmobile, I'm not insane!
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 19:29   #2403  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
Yes I remember but them files on rent were in the extras which I dont think it does MPLS checking which can be concidered a bug.
I was just refering to the main movie MPLS as in seamless branched discs where I think it does MPLS checking
Gotcha, will give Wall-E a go then...
Old 5th April 2009, 19:48   #2404  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
I suppose one way to find out would be to set the MIN_M2TS value higher than the majority of the m2ts files of the main movie and see if the files with a lower filesize show up in the stream tab on BD Rebuilder if they do then you know you should be ok to go
Old 5th April 2009, 20:20   #2405  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
It's not irrelevant that a program allows you to do something that yields flawed results.
I don't see any relevence to this beta program. You're changing the conditions under which BD Rebuilder is expected to work. Ripping to an .MKV then reconverting to Blu-Ray structure isn't the same thing as working from the original structure from the disc.

I understand that you would like a resolution to the problem you're experiencing, but it seems to me you're throwing a monkeywrench into the process and calling it a bug.

It doesn't seem quite fair to jdobbs.

Last edited by GaPony; 5th April 2009 at 20:23.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 20:21   #2406  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:

Just tried to load ratatoullie which is the same as wall-e with loads of m2ts file to make up the movie and set the MIN_M2TS value to 10GB and in full disc mode it just picked up the one segment at 16GB (1hr) ignoring the rest of the movie files so im guessing it dont do MPLS checking on the main movie either so best to either avoid these discs for now or set the MIN_M2TS value low enough to pick up all the m2ts files that make up the movie
I then tried setting MIN_M2TS to 0 and it then showed every m2ts including one as small as 0.67MB to be ReEncoded so you can have as much or little done as you require

Last edited by tekmobile; 5th April 2009 at 20:27.
Old 5th April 2009, 21:39   #2407  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Just tried to load ratatoullie which is the same as wall-e with loads of m2ts file to make up the movie and set the MIN_M2TS value to 10GB and in full disc mode it just picked up the one segment at 16GB (1hr) ignoring the rest of the movie files so im guessing it dont do MPLS checking on the main movie either so best to either avoid these discs for now or set the MIN_M2TS value low enough to pick up all the m2ts files that make up the movie
I then tried setting MIN_M2TS to 0 and it then showed every m2ts including one as small as 0.67MB to be ReEncoded so you can have as much or little done as you require
Thanks for checking that out.
Old 5th April 2009, 21:55   #2408  |  Link
stef73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhammer View Post
I can confirm that you have to disable 24p playback on the Panasonic DMP-BD35 to successfully play a movie only BD-25 done with BD-RB. With 24p there is only sound and no picture.
(Using newest Tsmuxer and BD-RB)

Are there any solutions?
thats not true mate ive got a BD35 too and 24p is not disabled and ive done over a 100 movies now and theyve all played perfectly im using LG GGW H20L burner and the BD35 is going through onkyo 805 so i know whether true hd or dts hd master or dts hi res etc is being played
stef73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 22:00   #2409  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef73 View Post
thats not true mate ive got a BD35 too and 24p is not disabled and ive done over a 100 movies now and theyve all played perfectly im using LG GGW H20L burner and the BD35 is going through onkyo 805 so i know whether true hd or dts hd master or dts hi res etc is being played
Which version of TsMuxer are you using as this may be a bug that was introduced the the latest build which I think is still 1.8.35(b) and are you also doing movie only like mhammer because this may not be the case with full disc backups which can and probably will behave differently

Last edited by tekmobile; 5th April 2009 at 22:03.
Old 5th April 2009, 22:00   #2410  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtshdma View Post
Not doing too well today. I have done The Devil Wears Prada and everything was fine and I burned a bd-9. I played it on a standalone and thought I might have a disc fault as about half way throught the film the pictures freezes but the audio continues. I checked the image on the hard disc and that was the same, but as expected the original and rip were fine.

I have same problem......BD-RB version is 20.05.
Please help us!!!!!!!!!!!! What`s wrong???
Please don't jump on me if I'm wrong but I tried to get this to work for a friend who had this issue. When I checked the version had been downloaded from a newsgroup and there is a nearly unnoticable glitch in the original (she's just started to talk to some chap at a party or the like). If you are telling me you ripped this from your original disc then it must be a mastering error, but otherwise perhaps you should withdraw quietly.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 22:08   #2411  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Please don't jump on me if I'm wrong but I tried to get this to work for a friend who had this issue. When I checked the version had been downloaded from a newsgroup and there is a nearly unnoticable glitch in the original (she's just started to talk to some chap at a party or the like). If you are telling me you ripped this from your original disc then it must be a mastering error, but otherwise perhaps you should withdraw quietly.
True if there is a corrupt frame(s) then the movie can freeze on that corrupt frame for the rest of the encode.
If thats the case then its not really a bug but more a source problem if you own the disc try ripping it again if it is indeed a download then you may never be able to re encode the source files you currently have
Old 5th April 2009, 22:10   #2412  |  Link
Furiousflea

Just as an update to my discs that were getting the audio remapped by BDRB incorrectly when backed up full disc mode. I notice that one of the discs (resident evil extinction) has 2 video tracks and an EAC3+ mono track (that is supposed to be played with the 2nd video track by the looks of it)...I think there's an inherrant problem in the way BDRB deals with the 2nd video track and it has knock on consequences for channel mapping. I looked at the other discs that were having problems and can't find anything "complex" in them though (The Godfather Part III especially is pretty plain with no extra video track or weird AC3+ audio).
Old 5th April 2009, 22:48   #2413  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Just as an update to my discs that were getting the audio remapped by BDRB incorrectly when backed up full disc mode. I notice that one of the discs (resident evil extinction) has 2 video tracks and an EAC3+ mono track (that is supposed to be played with the 2nd video track by the looks of it)...I think there's an inherrant problem in the way BDRB deals with the 2nd video track and it has knock on consequences for channel mapping. I looked at the other discs that were having problems and can't find anything "complex" in them though (The Godfather Part III especially is pretty plain with no extra video track or weird AC3+ audio).
Just had a look at that resident evil 3 disc heres what i found

Playlist 00001.mpls references file 00011.m2ts (Movie with PiP)
Video(PlayItem): AVC 1080p
Audio(PlayItem): TrueHD in Eng, Fra
Audio(PlayItem): DD 5.1 Spa, Por
Audio(PlayItem): DD 2.0
SubVideo(PiP): AVC 480p
SubAudio(PiP): E-AC3 1.0
+ Subs

Playlist 00060.mpls references file 00011.m2ts (Movie Only)
Video(PlayItem): AVC 1080p
Audio(PlayItem): TrueHD in Eng, Fra
Audio(PlayItem): DD 5.1 Spa, Por
Audio(PlayItem): DD 2.0
+ Subs

Maybe something for jdobbs to look into at some point even if it means just demuxing every audio track and the 2nd PiP video track at the same time BD-RB demuxes the audio/subs then just multiplexes these back into the stream on rebuild for BD25 only

such as adding code that translates to something like

#DEMUX
IF VID_COUNT=1
DEMUX_AUD/SUB
ELSE DEMUX_AUD/SUB/PIPVID

do all encoding etc then multiplex either the video stream and selected audio or the normal streams and the PiP tracks if they were in the source

Dont know if it would work or not but its got to be better than just ignoring the second PiP Video track
I just demuxed the PiP track in TsMuxer and its only 2.6GB so it wont eat that much space and the PiP audio is only about 65MB

Last edited by tekmobile; 5th April 2009 at 23:38.
Old 5th April 2009, 23:01   #2414  |  Link
Furiousflea

by "channel mapping" I actually meant "stream mapping" just as not to confuse...if\when jdobbs reads this
Old 6th April 2009, 06:45   #2415  |  Link
dtshdma

Problem

I have using three times BD-RB 0.20.05....Movieonly on DVD-9....Three time problem is the same:after playback 1.20.04 of movie picture is freezing.but sound is played correct.Title is Goldfinger. Blu-ray on hdd is played correct.
I don`t know,what my doing.....
dtshdma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 07:17   #2416  |  Link
setarip_old

@deank

(Just kidding with you)
Quote:
It's strange to put jdobbs's name in quotes.
Didn't I read that you are the progeny of educators? I was taught (Loooooong ago) that when, in writing, you refer to someone by a pseudonym, the pseudonym is entered in quotation marks - whereas, on the other hand when, in writing, addressing that person by his/her pseudonym, there is no need to enter it into quotation marks.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 10:04   #2417  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Old 6th April 2009, 16:27   #2418  |  Link
mhammer

Quote:
Which version of Bd-Rb and Tsmuxer you are using?
Which settings do you use?

I tried the included and the newest Tsmuer with Bd-Rb without success.
I always use "Movie only". Must be something with the settings of x264 reencodes, because Ripbot works just fine.
mhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 17:52   #2419  |  Link
stef73

Quote:
Which version of TsMuxer are you using as this may be a bug that was introduced the the latest build which I think is still 1.8.35(b) and are you also doing movie only like mhammer because this may not be the case with full disc backups which can and probably will behave differently
im using latest version of tsremuxer 1.8.35, settings in bd rebuilder are to keep full hd audio and tested with movie only and full movie and burning back to bd25s, im using sony, verbatim bd-re's and ive found out that infiniti bd-re's will burn back 23.2GB.
i bought a bd35 about 6 weeks ago for sheer reason my ps3 stopped playing the ps3 stopped playing backups, ive had an LG GGW H20L since november 2007 and ive been creating backups since then with tsmuxer etc. without any difficulty once id got my head round it and the lack of help lol took me a month to figure out how to rip and burn them properly, so after i got the BD35 i found after initial settings it works spot on with anything im throwing at it.
ive been using traxdata bd-rs at the minute and ive got some 6x sony bd-rs on order from japan store which ill test again but as far as i can tell every disk and setting ive used be full hd audio or standard audio has worked in the BD35 but not my ps3.
stef73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 18:05   #2420  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
im using latest version of tsremuxer 1.8.35, settings in bd rebuilder are to keep full hd audio and tested with movie only and full movie and burning back to bd25s, im using sony, verbatim bd-re's and ive found out that infiniti bd-re's will burn back 23.2GB.
i bought a bd35 about 6 weeks ago for sheer reason my ps3 stopped playing the ps3 stopped playing backups, ive had an LG GGW H20L since november 2007 and ive been creating backups since then with tsmuxer etc. without any difficulty once id got my head round it and the lack of help lol took me a month to figure out how to rip and burn them properly, so after i got the BD35 i found after initial settings it works spot on with anything im throwing at it.
ive been using traxdata bd-rs at the minute and ive got some 6x sony bd-rs on order from japan store which ill test again but as far as i can tell every disk and setting ive used be full hd audio or standard audio has worked in the BD35 but not my ps3.
I have a SONY BDP-S350 so cannot comment the the BD30 using traxdata 4x BD-R25s and never had a bad burn yet using a LG Burner

Im just trying to figure out why it works for one and not another if you both have different firmware versions it could be a firmware issue