Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 14th April 2011, 18:27   #6861  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Hmmmmm... No idea why the decoder queue doesn't move. It should. Unless your CPU is too slow.
It's not.

Quote:
Bilinear?
Yes.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 18:31   #6862  |  Link
fatboyz

Quote:

Yeah, I don't understand that, either. On my secondary monitor similar things happen. It seems that *after* I switch to the correct refresh rate, Windows suddenly reports 60Hz. So madVR says: Ok, then I'll use that. Very weird. Should be solved once I implement the automatic refresh rate changing. Oh well, maybe I should stop being such a perfectionist and implement a crude automatic refresh rate changer soon instead of waiting for the perfect solution (which will take time).

I don't know if you are using ATI drivers, but this is a problem I reported way back.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...41#post1480241

I found when I updated my drivers that the full screen exclusive mode meant everything switched to 60hz.

The last working version of ati ccc drivers that didn't switch from 50hz to 60hz in exclusive mode is version 10.10.

Everything after that and exclusive mode switched to 60hz, no matter how many settings in catalyst you tweaked.
fatboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 18:32   #6863  |  Link
pirlouy
_

Just my quick report (only visual, I don't look at stats for now) :
- 0.49: ok
- 0.50 (new path): CPU heavy (dropped frames)
- 0.51: ok
- 0.52: CPU heavy (dropped frames)
- 0.53: ok
- 0.54, tomorrow: CPU heavy.

Last edited by pirlouy; 14th April 2011 at 19:56.
pirlouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 19:21   #6864  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Thanks!

Does this build fix the problem?

http://madshi.net/madVRcpu2.rar

If not, please another log with that build...
It's fixed, thanks a lot madshi!
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 19:26   #6865  |  Link
Razoola

everything is ok for me in 053 so far.
Razoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 19:39   #6866  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb Egorych View Post
0.49 has a bit less dropped frames with CoreAVC software mode than 0.51 with default settings. Though these 2 versions drop frames differently. 0.49 drops frames more regularly while 0.51 with 4 pre-rendered frames drops more spiky.
And how does v0.52 behave? (out in a couple of minutes)
With 0.52 no dropped frames but presentation glitches appear while decoder, render, backbuffer queues are stable. I guess you fixed stats. Playback experience is the same as with 0.51 - with 14 or 16 frames pre-render playback is smooth, jerking with lesser number of frames.

0.53 is worse for me, even with 14 and 16 pre-rendered I have some glitches.
Gleb Egorych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 19:46   #6867  |  Link
someone`

Quote:
I've tried to have a look at your log, but it's a mess really. In the beginning of the log you're switching between windowed and exclusive mode like 10 times or so. I don't even know where to look for the problem exactly in the log.
It because I reopen the file to make it play smoothly , i only reopen 2 times and pause 2-3 times . After the last reopen it works .
Quote:
What I can see is that you're using a rather high refresh rate (72Hz) and a rather low number of pre-rendered frames. Try increasing the number of pre-rendered frames to 8. Maybe that helps a little?
I tested it before , it makes no different . But when i got smoothly playback , i could increase the number to 16 and it still smoothly .

I try the cpu2 build , it's fixed . But window mode is broken , same behaviour .
Also FSE --> pause --> window mode ---> black screen .
log :
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ze4h382n38heula

Last edited by someone`; 14th April 2011 at 20:04.
someone` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 19:51   #6868  |  Link
Andy o

someone, which decoder are you using? HAM with MPC-HC or DXVA with potplayer? OR something else?
Old 14th April 2011, 20:06   #6869  |  Link
someone`

I use PotPlayer , decoder : HAM and DXVA . HAM is faster than PotPlayer DXVA but it has bug cause artifact .
someone` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 20:09   #6870  |  Link
Andy o

I tried potplayer & DXVA with madVR and get horrible stuttering, even worse than MPC-HC with HAM.
Old 14th April 2011, 20:10   #6871  |  Link
fiver

Madshi:

I'm the one with the ATI 6850M 120Hz issue.

Same problem in .53, log attached.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip madVR - log.zip (16.4 KB, 30 views)
fiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 20:15   #6872  |  Link
SamuriHL

MPC-HC with Cyberlink HAM for me works extremely well on both my main HTPC (5870) and my laptop (3450). W7SP1 x64 in both cases.
Old 14th April 2011, 20:31   #6873  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
I tried potplayer & DXVA with madVR and get horrible stuttering, even worse than MPC-HC with HAM.
Well duh, madVR does not work with DXVA, whatever results you get, its really unpredictable - quite surprising that you get any image though. =)
Old 14th April 2011, 20:37   #6874  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Well duh, madVR does not work with DXVA, whatever results you get, its really unpredictable - quite surprising that you get any image though. =)
PotPlayer's DXVA implementation is more like a decoder. They're copying the frames back into system memory after they're decoded on the GPU. As you're well aware, this could be extremely slow depending on the implementation. But, it's the wave of the future. LOL.
Old 14th April 2011, 20:39   #6875  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
MPC-HC with Cyberlink HAM for me works extremely well on both my main HTPC (5870) and my laptop (3450). W7SP1 x64 in both cases.
Well what do you know. madshi's "cpu2" debug version above, besides fixing the CPU issues, also fixed this. Only the new exclusive path though. The presentation queue doesn't dip to zero.

In windowed and the old exclusive path though, I still get major frame drops, but that's fine I guess.

So now only waiting for that non-debug version that doesn't create a huge txt file on my desktop!
Old 14th April 2011, 20:43   #6876  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
PotPlayer's DXVA implementation is more like a decoder. They're copying the frames back into system memory after they're decoded on the GPU. As you're well aware, this could be extremely slow depending on the implementation. But, it's the wave of the future. LOL.
Yeah other people reported it worked (even "someone" above), so why not give it a whirl.
Old 14th April 2011, 20:46   #6877  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Well what do you know. madshi's "cpu2" debug version above, besides fixing the CPU issues, also fixed this. Only the new exclusive path though. The presentation queue doesn't dip to zero.

In windowed and the old exclusive path though, I still get major frame drops, but that's fine I guess.

So now only waiting for that non-debug version that doesn't create a huge txt file on my desktop!
That's awesome! madshi's been putting out new versions like a banshee so I'm sure you'll see a new version soon. I'm extremely happy with recent developments with LAVF/madVR/MPC-HC. We've come a REALLY long way in a short time. The fact that I can run it on my laptop is amazing!!!
Old 14th April 2011, 20:52   #6878  |  Link
Qaq
AV heretic

Quote:
Does this build fix the problem?
http://madshi.net/madVRcpu2.rar
If not, please another log with that build...
I did some tests with 0.53 (results are similar to previous), but they look useless now. I will test your madVRcpu releases tomorrow and report back. Thanks for your work.
Qaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 20:55   #6879  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Yeah other people reported it worked (even "someone" above), so why not give it a whirl.
I may. I'm not jazzed about using a new player, though. The ffdshow extension that was linked to earlier looks possible, though. I was going to check that out and apply the patch to my local ffdshow repository and build it. Don't know when I'll get to test it but I'm curious to see how it compares to Cyberlink HAM/LAVF CUVID with madVR.
Old 14th April 2011, 21:07   #6880  |  Link

Firstly, thanks for the switch to a green OSD, it's much easier to read now.

I'm getting a large number of presentation glitches in 0.53. I tried increasing the backbuffers to 16, but that only made things worse, almost 500 in a 10 minute video.

http://www.mediafire.com/?725le1n1ai6985p
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling