Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th March 2013, 19:36   #401  |  Link
billqs

EDIT::: I no longer have this problem. The files I was working with now play fine after a reboot :::shakes head::: Thanks for the incredible tool!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I currently have used the this tool to change h.264 settings from Microsoft to Cyberlink 7.3x filter. I tried to reset it back to Microsoft and my mkv would not play. I tried to hit reset and I got "Cannot call proc" error. Now no mkv's play and WMP12 lists no codecs for either video or audio on the files I have tried to play. Since it won't reset, do I need to go back and rename the Media Foundation codecs myself, or is there another way? Is there a list of the names of the Media Foundation filters, so I can discover what to look for?

Last edited by billqs; 30th March 2013 at 20:00.
billqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 17:26   #402  |  Link
mzso

Will this work for html5 video and firefox? For some reason webm stuff plays fine, but the color is wrong for mp4/avc, I'm thinking that FF might use an external filter which is flawed.
mzso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 17:40   #403  |  Link
clsid

Firefox uses Media Foundation. So you are stuck with the MS decoder.
Old 10th October 2013, 19:13   #404  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Firefox uses Media Foundation. So you are stuck with the MS decoder.
Ok so no workaround possible. Guess my best chance is to report a bug on it.
mzso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 10:39   #405  |  Link
schweinsz

Could you support the DiAVC x64 in the software?
The DiAVC x64 is totally a freeware. It is without any protection.
schweinsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 19:01   #406  |  Link
clsid

Is the GUID different from the x86 version?

By choosing "use merit" you will be able to use DiAVC (if it has highest merit of all installed h264 decoders) and also use DirectVobSub for subtitles. WMP will not load subtitles if a specific decoder is forced.

Last edited by clsid; 23rd January 2014 at 19:19.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 03:05   #407  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Is the GUID different from the x86 version?

By choosing "use merit" you will be able to use DiAVC (if it has highest merit of all installed h264 decoders) and also use DirectVobSub for subtitles. WMP will not load subtitles if a specific decoder is forced.
It is different from the GUID of the x86 version.
The Win7DSFilterTweaker_5.9 display the DiAVC x64 option in one of my win7 x64 desktop so that I can select it as the H.264 decoder for wmp. But in another one of my win7 x64 desktop it only display the "use merit" and the microsoft, when I select the "use merit", when I select the "use merit", your tool modify the default decoder to the EVR, allrough I register the DiAVC x64 and set its merit to 0xfff80000, and I can use it in the MPC-HC x64 when I add it into the MPC-HC filters.
schweinsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2014, 00:58   #408  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Ouh, movies open way faster now! Couldn't believe how sluggish it was before, TYVM m$ for always forcing us to apply all kinds of system tweaks.

leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 23:35   #409  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Humm, as it turns out it's very easy to brick your media player with this app......kinda strange as it worked fine for quite a while. Luckily it's got a whole bunch of "reset" buttons
Old 10th February 2014, 17:35   #410  |  Link
clsid

Which player(s)? Which issue were you trying to fix? What new problem did you create?
Old 13th February 2014, 15:03   #411  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

I found file opening to be extremely slow in W7SP1 compared to XPSP3, I run a ramdisk pagefile and all my A/V apps are also on a ramdisk.....waiting 4 secs for a file to open is not acceptable.

Same problem in MPC-HC / PotP / KMP, they all freeze Reclock to death when I disable the m$ DTV-DVD Audio decoders and/or mess around with the "prefered decoders"(forcing ffdshow for all audio and MPG1 in order to force P216 output as mVR can't align their chroma properly, LAV for splittering and video decoding).

I raised the priority for Reclock/mVR/LAV video & splitter and ffdshow audio to +255/008000FF both in XPSP3 and W7SP1.

I think things improved since I disabled MF, but I used to have everything disabled in the "MS codec tweaks"...not sure why it's no workee anymore as this seemed to drastically speed up the file opening process.

I've enabled logging in KMP and apparently it wants to connect to "RDP Directshow Redirection Filter" and the m$ DTV-DVD Audio decoder even if I force ffdshow audio..strangely some 5.1 DTS movies work if I disable that m$ DTV filter but most of them freeze Reclock to death.

Last edited by leeperry; 13th February 2014 at 16:56.
Old 13th February 2014, 16:15   #412  |  Link
clsid

I asked because I kinda already knew which players you were using. The funny thing is that those players do not use Media Foundation, so those tweaks should not have any effect. MPC-HC uses its own graph builder, so it ignores the preferred filter stuff, and just use filter merits. Afaik PotP/KMP also do custom stuff. Does ReClock build a graph for something?

Loading is pretty much instant here, regardless of any enabled tweaks. I don't use ReClock, so that seems tot be the obvious cause of your issues. Maybe they can answer why it still messes with the MS filter when the graph contains another audio decoder.
The tool disables the decoder by renaming its file. You could try if removing its registry key makes any difference. The relevant key is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11D0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance\{E1F1A0B8-BEEE-490D-BA7C-066C40B5E2B9}
You must first change ownership of the key from TrusterInstaller to Admins group. Otherwise you can't delete it.

RDP Directshow Redirection Filter has highest possible merit. But it is totally useless unless you want to play video via a Remote Desktop connection. It gets tried, but won't actually join the graph. So you can disable it by setting it merit to 0x00200000.
Old 13th February 2014, 17:33   #413  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Thanks for the swift reply.

I'm not allowed to rename or change the priority of that nasty RDP filter apparently even though I'm the local admin, I've also tried to take ownership of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{AB9D6472-752F-43F6-B29E-61207BDA8E06} but I still can't delete it....is there any way of phasing it out for good?

You nailed it, the DTV Audio decoder isn't loaded anymore if I delete that registry key but media players keep freezing if I disable the DTV Video decoder in your app or if I delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11D0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance\{212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}

Dunno about Reclock but I don't see why it would care about that DTV Video decoder?
Old 13th February 2014, 21:11   #414  |  Link
clsid

Tried MPC-HC with ReClock 1.8.8.3 and I get no delays if I disable any of the MS codecs. Using default ReClock settings.

I only get a delay for a couple of seconds on the very first play. That is due to ReClock determining video clock timings. Because same happens again after clearing its video clock timings database.
Old 13th February 2014, 21:52   #415  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Reclock is fully working and the huge delay is now over, apparently disabling MF in your app did the trick.

I still wonder why the DTV Video decoder is needed and how I could disable that RDP stuff, but hey it's working and the major part of the delay now is due to mVR's Error Diffusion that takes like a whole second to initialize.