Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 16th May 2010, 08:32   #1021  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HertZ View Post
Since the last update of mediainfo in megui, file indexing take so much time (more than 20 minutes to start the process)
Please post more details e.g. which files do you index. In order to verify that mediainfo is the problem you can close megui, extract these old mediainfo files in the megui dir (http://megui.org/auto/mediainfo_0_7_32.zip) and index the file again.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 09:13   #1022  |  Link
Taurus

@ Zathor:
There is a new mediainfo available (ver.0.7.33).
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 10:20   #1023  |  Link
Zathor

I have published 0.7.33 yesterday and shortly after that HertZ posted about the mediainfo problem with (I assume) 0.7.33. Therefore I have posted a link to the oder release in order to verify the problem.
Old 16th May 2010, 11:32   #1024  |  Link
Taurus

Aah sorry, I did not update yesterday
HertZ should have told us what kind of a file he was indexing.
I just did a small test on different files with old and new version.
Only DV avi seems to be a little slower with the new version.
Tested avi, mov, flv, mkv, mp4, divx, xvid, mpeg2 via dgindex,wmv....
Different containers and raw streams, with and without sound.
All were short samples about 5 minutes duration
Only DV avi is lagging a bit, could be because of heavy coding in the background on a DV avi file.
Old 16th May 2010, 11:58   #1025  |  Link
HertZ

operates again with all mediainfo 0. 7.32, the problem was with a h264 m2ts bluray.
HertZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 12:07   #1026  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HertZ View Post
operates again with all mediainfo 0. 7.32, the problem was with a h264 m2ts bluray.
Can you please post the mediainfo of the file and which indexer you used or which action had been using 20 minutes.
Old 16th May 2010, 16:00   #1027  |  Link
HertZ

zathor I have tested with three different titles bluray, I doubt that is specific under bluray.
Final indexer used was DGIndexNV or DGIndex/DGAVIndex (same result for both), so while selecting the .264 file (extracted from the m2ts), MeGUI DGIProject Creator window open, and it took 20 minutes to get the dgi Project output file name

Last edited by HertZ; 16th May 2010 at 16:14.
HertZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 16:52   #1028  |  Link
Taurus

So it is not mediainfo, it's on the DG indexer stage.
You are confusing me...
If you load the index file to the AVS Script Creator, there is no delay?
Old 16th May 2010, 17:37   #1029  |  Link
Renzz

I have an issue as well with the new mediainfo - if I try and open an elementary mpeg2 stream (m2v) in the file indexer, it just hangs (ie it never opens it, or it may take considerably longer than before - I didn't wait to see). I've reverted back to the previous mediainfo and it's working ok again.
Renzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 17:49   #1030  |  Link
Zathor

Can someone with the problem please upload a short sample and describe in detail how to reproduce the problem? And maybe post your OS.
I tried many different files and for me it is working (Win7 x64, 32bit MeGUI).
Old 16th May 2010, 18:50   #1031  |  Link
Zathor

Finally I could see the problem myself with an .264 file. I have stopped the update of mediainfo - hopefully 0.7.34 fixes the problem.
Old 17th May 2010, 01:30   #1032  |  Link
sinz718

Was working yesterday then I couldn't find plug-ins for avisynth so the hunt was on, I saw that Gordianknot had some avisynth plug-ins so I installed it then grabbed those plug-ins and transfered them to the avisynth folder to call them in my script.

Didn't even get around to it, I load up MeGui, go to index my .vob file add to queue, launch queue, frozen crash.
Un-installed Gordianknot thinking that's the only thing I installed must have ruined MeGui, uninstall MeGui just in-case for a fresh install, restart, install MeGui, no added plugs, test file again, Crash.

Here is the log attached.
6GB DDR3 incase you need that info.

EDIT:
To note I just restored my pc to yesterday and all seems fine, I had also installed the new K-Lite Codec Pack 5.9.0 so something between Gordianknot and K-Lite went wrong I will not reinstall either now knowing it will corrupt my MeGui.
Attached Files
File Type: txt loveumegui.log.txt (3.1 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by sinz718; 17th May 2010 at 02:24.
sinz718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 14:38   #1033  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinz718 View Post
Was working yesterday then I couldn't find plug-ins for avisynth so the hunt was on, I saw that Gordianknot had some avisynth plug-ins so I installed it then grabbed those plug-ins and transfered them to the avisynth folder to call them in my script.

Didn't even get around to it, I load up MeGui, go to index my .vob file add to queue, launch queue, frozen crash.
Un-installed Gordianknot thinking that's the only thing I installed must have ruined MeGui, uninstall MeGui just in-case for a fresh install, restart, install MeGui, no added plugs, test file again, Crash.

Here is the log attached.
6GB DDR3 incase you need that info.

EDIT:
To note I just restored my pc to yesterday and all seems fine, I had also installed the new K-Lite Codec Pack 5.9.0 so something between Gordianknot and K-Lite went wrong I will not reinstall either now knowing it will corrupt my MeGui.
So you have ffdshow intalled no? from here http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/ . Avisynth filters here is one link http://avisynth.org/warpenterprises/ there are many other filters and scripts here as well
flebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 17:21   #1034  |  Link
STC-Fan
MeGUI / AviSynth user

Feature request

EDIT: Thanks zathor - I didn't realise the SF pages were active. Feature requests have been added for both items.

In a future build of MeGUI, would it be possible to add in a "Preview AVS Script" button at the bottom of the "Current position" video preview window? I know it sounds strange to duplicate this button when it's already on the Avisynth script creator window, but it would benefit me, and possibly others, as I am currently carrying out manual frame-by-frame correction of a lot of frames in a video.

The (interlaced) video in question has fields shifted vertically in some frames, but not all. There is no filter to automatically correct this through frame analysis (that I am aware of); the only option is to use an old VirtualDub filter called FieldShift, which tries to correct all frames in a video by default. Therefore, I have to import the VDub filter into my AVS script and use the ScriptClip and ConditionalReader functions to import a text file containing the frame numbers that need correction.

At the moment, I have to switch between VirtualDub (to scan through the video - the preview function in MeGUI doesn't update smoothly when scanning forwards, so I'd miss broken frames), then EditPad (with the list of frames to fix, and the correction value to apply), then the MeGUI script preview window (to hit the "Preview AVS script" button), and then finally the MeGUI video preview window (to see if my correction was OK).

I have asked about the problem with the video itself previously, however the ScriptClip + ConditionalReader solution was the best available. And apart from the time spent on this, it's also rather annoying having to do wasteful colour space conversion for one VDub filter (as no Avisynth equivalent exists), which then impacts on the final encoding time (OK, I am splitting hairs a bit here, it's only around 2-3 fps).

So I guess what I am asking for is:

1) The ability to smoothly move forwards through the video (allowing me to ditch VDub for the same purpose)

2) A "Preview AVS script" button added to the video preview window (so I don't have to jump to the Avisynth script creator window and press it)

Last edited by STC-Fan; 19th May 2010 at 00:32. Reason: Responded to the response... :P
STC-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 18:02   #1035  |  Link
Betsy25

Hi Zathor,

I get an error in the muxing phase when muxing .h264 into container .m2ts.

Code:
[Information] Log for job5 (mux, VTS_01_1.264 -> VTS_01_1-muxed.m2ts)
-[Information] [18/05/2010 18:59:10] Started handling job
-[Information] [18/05/2010 18:59:10] Preprocessing
-[NoImage] Job commandline: "C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\tsmuxer\tsmuxer.exe"  "E:\Funes 2010\La Zizanie DVDShrink\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1-muxed.meta" "E:\Funes 2010\La Zizanie DVDShrink\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1-muxed.m2ts"
-[Information] [18/05/2010 18:59:10] Muxing started
-[NoImage] Standard output stream: SmartLabs tsMuxeR.  Version 1.10.6  http://www.smlabs.net
-[NoImage] Standard error stream: Can't open file: E:\Funes 2010\La Zizanie DVDShrink\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.264"V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
-[Information] [18/05/2010 18:59:10] Job completed
Betsy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 22:31   #1036  |  Link
Zathor

@STC-Fan: Please post your feature request at the SourceForge page.

@Betsy25: I tried to reproduce it but failed. Which MeGUI version are you using? Please disable in the settings the deletion of intermediate files and post the content of the .meta file in the output directory.
Old 19th May 2010, 01:42   #1037  |  Link
Betsy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
@Betsy25: I tried to reproduce it but failed. Which MeGUI version are you using? Please disable in the settings the deletion of intermediate files and post the content of the .meta file in the output directory.

I use the latest version, I have never had deletion of temporary files enabled. Here is the VTS_01_1-muxed.meta file.
Code:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --vbr --vbv-len=500
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "E:\Funes 2010\La Zizanie DVDShrink\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.264", fps=25.0 , insertSEI, contSPS
A_AC3, "E:\Funes 2010\La Zizanie DVDShrink\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1 T80 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3", lang=fre
S_TEXT/UTF8, "E:\Funes 2010\La Zizanie DVDShrink\VIDEO_TS\La Zizanie_GOED.srt", video-width=720, video-height=432, fps=25.0, lang=dut
Old 19th May 2010, 05:54   #1038  |  Link
Zathor

At a first glance the .meta files look ok. Can you please add the three files to the tsmuxergui and compare these settings to the posted ones? Is it possible to mux your files with the tsmuxergui?
Old 19th May 2010, 12:48   #1039  |  Link
Betsy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
At a first glance the .meta files look ok. Can you please add the three files to the tsmuxergui and compare these settings to the posted ones? Is it possible to mux your files with the tsmuxergui?
@Zathor,

Sorry for late reply.

I tried adding the 3 files to the tsmuxergui directly, and that works just fine. About those settings, do I have to post the newly created .meta file when I do the above ?
Old 19th May 2010, 15:25   #1040  |  Link
simonb1975uk

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong forum but does anyone have any tips on transcoding the blu-ray of Sherlock Holmes (2009 version) using MeGui? I have dgindexNV.
simonb1975uk is offline   Reply With Quote