Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd March 2009, 05:21   #1  |  Link
ViRGE

Feeding The Cyberlink MPEG2 Decoder w/DXVA In to Avisynth?

Hey all;

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to feed the Cyberlink MPEG2 decoder in to Avisynth, and to have it use DXVA acceleration. I have some 30fps pure-interlaced MPEG2 material that I'm trying to encode in to H.264, and I noticed that the Cyberlink decoder has an excellent bob filter for it; it generates 60fps out of the material and does significantly better (in my opinion at least) than weaving/blending that usually happens when I try to encode this material with AutoMKV and the like. I don't know what exactly it's doing, but the results are comparable to motion-comp bob deinterlacers like MCBob, but it's significantly faster (real-time vs. 5fps).

So what I would like to do is feed the Cyberlink decoder in to Avisynth, to have it decode and deinterlace the material before passing it on to x264 for encoding. I've tried setting up a filter graph chain with GraphEdit and feeding that in to Avisynth, and while I can come up with something that works as a chain it's missing any hardware acceleration. As a result the Cyberlink decoder uses its own internal software deinterlacer which isn't nearly as good.

So basically my question is: is there any way to set up a filter graph such that the Cyberlink decoder is still DXVA/hardware accelerated works with avisynth? I realize it's probably a crazy idea, but I'm stubborn and want to make it work if possible.

The video card, for anyone curious, is a GeForce 8800GTX.

Last edited by ViRGE; 3rd March 2009 at 05:25.
ViRGE is offline   Reply With Quote