Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 27th September 2017, 12:32   #46041  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
First off reset to defaults after saving your config and check if it still does it, if it does then do some logging and submit it.
How do I save my current settings so I can revert to them after doing the troubleshooting?
Stereodude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2017, 12:52   #46042  |  Link
ryrynz

If madVR has write access to your program directory you'll see a file called settings.bin, doesn't hurt to make a copy of that and store it somewhere.
If you launch restore default settings.bat it'll rename the settings.bin file to settings.bak so you can simply rename it to recover your settings.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2017, 16:53   #46043  |  Link
dvd1

excuse me, I want a complete guide on madVR, sepete indicate any?
thank you
dvd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2017, 16:55   #46044  |  Link
arrgh

Win10x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Then please try running this exe and pointing it to the media player process:

http://madshi.net/madTraceProcess32.zip

The stats look ok, except for the frame drops. Do those frames drops all occur when the movie starts or when you switch from windowed to fullscreen mode? Or do they pile up during playback in fullscreen mode? What kind of judder is it? E.g. is it juddering all the time? Or once every couple of seconds or minutes?
I was traveling for more than 2 weeks and had therefore no Chance to test or to answer; now I have catched up and updated to the newest Software Versions of madVR, LAV and MPC-BE;
the Problem still persists; 2D is fine; 3D is playing fine (TV is set to 23p/3D mode), but when I close the player the refresh rate is not reverted to 50p (my standard for PAL-TV) and MPC-BE stays open with a black full screen; only a restart of the PC helps since I can not bring other windows on top;

when I switch off the "3D toggle" for my TV in the Windows controls, then I get a side by side picture on the screen; the TV informs me that a 3D-signal was recognized and I could manually switch to 3D mode; still, if I close the player it hangs too;

I switched to 32 bit LAV and MPC-BE and could use the Tracer tool, but only with MPC-BE in a window; otherwise I can not access the tool; it seems that the outcome is the same like in x64 and full sreen... MPC-BE hangs; TV stays in 23p;

https://mega.nz/#!bgFhiBpb!sNYjbZgMI...KuZRy3LGAXPofc

had no time yet to look into Win8.1; but the studder was on a regular basis every maybe 2 sec;

forgot to mention in the title : Intel KBL i5 7200U / hd620 graphics

Last edited by arrgh; 27th September 2017 at 23:31.
arrgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2017, 17:55   #46045  |  Link
ForceX

I can't seem to get hard-coded black bars to crop/zoom. I distinctly remember the feature was working on this particular video in the past but now no matter which option I select it doesn't seem to work (other than the big black bars option which either doesn't remove it completely or zooms too much).

https://imgur.com/a/Yjy52

What am I doing wrong?
ForceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2017, 18:25   #46046  |  Link
jmonier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
There seems to be something very counter-intuitive about the new custom mode creation interface.
With v0.92.4, I can not longer create a new custom mode or optimize an existing mode.
When I try to add a custom mode I press add then fill in 47 or something.
The next screen shows the timings for the standard modes.
I select the first and press test.
Unlike with the previous version, there is no longer an apply button to select and confirm.
All I get is the TEST and CANCEL button!
With v0.92.3 there was an additional APPLY button and if pressed I was asked to reset the GPU.
What happened to the APPLY button??
Similar for optimizing an existing custom mode the APPLY button is here also missing.

If I roll back to v0.92.3 everything is working again (APPLY button is back )

GPU: nvidia GTX-680
System: Win7-x64, i7 CPU
I can confirm that there is a problem in this area (although maybe not exactly as mentioned above).

I'm also on Nvidia (GTX 1060) on Win10-x64.

One thing that's confusing is the "Test" button (which I believe is only there for Nvidia). Perhaps some mention of that could be added to the Tutorial, madshi?

The way it worked before was:

1. "Apply" was initially greyed out
2. "Test" would cause the new mode to be tested and then return to the previous screen.
3. "Apply" button is now active and would apply the new mode.

I believe that the way it's supposed to work now is:

1. "Test" causes the mode to be tested (so far, this is really no different than before since "Apply" was not an available option then).
2. The Test screen now has an option to save the mode. I believe this is meant to be equivalent to exiting the Test screen and then doing an "Apply". (My opinion is that this is an improvement over the previous method.)

The real problem is that (for me, at least) it does NOT save the mode. If you look at the registry (HKCU.Software.madshi.madVR.DisplayModeMeasurements), the new mode is NOT there.

Or, am I missing something?
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2017, 19:51   #46047  |  Link
Frexxia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceX View Post
I can't seem to get hard-coded black bars to crop/zoom. I distinctly remember the feature was working on this particular video in the past but now no matter which option I select it doesn't seem to work (other than the big black bars option which either doesn't remove it completely or zooms too much).

https://imgur.com/a/Yjy52

What am I doing wrong?
Set hardware decoder to DXVA2 (copy-back) instead of DXVA2 (native) in LAV filters.
Frexxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 00:38   #46048  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
I can confirm that there is a problem in this area (although maybe not exactly as mentioned above).

I'm also on Nvidia (GTX 1060) on Win10-x64.

One thing that's confusing is the "Test" button (which I believe is only there for Nvidia). Perhaps some mention of that could be added to the Tutorial, madshi?

The way it worked before was:

1. "Apply" was initially greyed out
2. "Test" would cause the new mode to be tested and then return to the previous screen.
3. "Apply" button is now active and would apply the new mode.

I believe that the way it's supposed to work now is:

1. "Test" causes the mode to be tested (so far, this is really no different than before since "Apply" was not an available option then).
2. The Test screen now has an option to save the mode. I believe this is meant to be equivalent to exiting the Test screen and then doing an "Apply". (My opinion is that this is an improvement over the previous method.)

The real problem is that (for me, at least) it does NOT save the mode. If you look at the registry (HKCU.Software.madshi.madVR.DisplayModeMeasurements), the new mode is NOT there.

Or, am I missing something?
I didn't even notice the "save" option when I had v0.92.4 installed, I had to roll back to v0.92.3.
When you pressed TEST with the save option enabled, did v0.92.4 ask you to reset the GPU?
For me it doesn't ask anything.
This is probably the reason why the mode is not saved as such.

The same happens in v0.92.4 when I try to optimize a custom mode: it never asks me to reset the GPU.
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 02:17   #46049  |  Link
jmonier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
I didn't even notice the "save" option when I had v0.92.4 installed, I had to roll back to v0.92.3.
When you pressed TEST with the save option enabled, did v0.92.4 ask you to reset the GPU?
For me it doesn't ask anything.
This is probably the reason why the mode is not saved as such.

The same happens in v0.92.4 when I try to optimize a custom mode: it never asks me to reset the GPU.
Just to make sure we're on the same page: You press Test, a new box appears showing progress and there is a Yes button on that box to Save. When you do that, the box goes away but the mode you were testing is still active. Another box appears which mentions different ways to apply the change (same as 92.3). You dismiss that box and press Reset GPU. That causes the mode you were testing to become inactive and the mode you started in is now active again.

The main point is that after all this, the custom mode is not saved, whereas it is saved in 92.3 when you do Reset GPU.

I'm not positive (from your description) whether we're talking about exactly the same thing. I would suggest that you go back to 92.4 and try the sequence as I outlined it and see if you get the same results that I got.

Since you didn't notice the button to save and (I presume) didn't use it, it's not surprising that you didn't get asked to reset the GPU.

In any case, my results seem to show a major bug, so I'm interested what madshi has to say.
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 05:43   #46050  |  Link
Magik Mark

Hi Madshi!

You have indicated in the latest version that we can track on why refresh rate optimization is not working in certain instances. How do we do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28th September 2017, 12:49   #46051  |  Link
jkauff

I can't get optimization working on my setup either (0.92.4). I can create the modes (after going back to defaults in both madVR and Nvidia CP), but optimization never returns results no matter how long I run the player. The modes work as created, but optimization doesn't.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 16:53   #46052  |  Link
arrgh

Win81x64 with Intel KBL i5 7200U/HD620

continued from : https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...24#post1819924

I installed the Intel driver 154519.4678 (zip version) by copying this patched inf (https://mega.nz/#!C811WayR!n6l6R1qW4...yGTxXDaNcEkabA) into the grafics folder and installing manually the driver by choosing this inf; driver signatures of windows must be deactivated;

2D and 3D playback is flashing back (jumping); 2D every 3-4 sec; 3D more, maybe every 2 sec.; if I go from full screen to a window, flashing is constantly present (both in the x64 and x32 versions of the software packages); I have done some screenshots again and used the TracerTool (maybe it helps);
https://mega.nz/#!ylsXTIqA!o_gxDPfx4...l6TcRtDZRnQtR0

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1506611058.jpg
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1506610827.jpg
it would be very nice to have it run under Win81
Thanks

Last edited by arrgh; 2nd October 2017 at 01:30. Reason: updated the link for the inf file
Old 28th September 2017, 17:58   #46053  |  Link
ForceX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frexxia View Post
Set hardware decoder to DXVA2 (copy-back) instead of DXVA2 (native) in LAV filters.
Cool, it worked. In fact anything other than native DXVA/D3D11 works. Thanks.
ForceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 20:45   #46054  |  Link
el Filou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd1 View Post
excuse me, I want a complete guide on madVR, sepete indicate any?
thank you
madVR Options Explained by Asmodian
Old 28th September 2017, 20:58   #46055  |  Link
Kotik

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgh View Post
2D and 3D playback is flashing back (jumping); 2D every 3-4 sec; 3D more, maybe every 2 sec.; if I go from full screen to a window, flashing is constantly present (both in the x64 and x32 versions of the software packages)
Out of pure curiosity, could you try with these settings:

Had a similar issue with SkyLake iGPU, this worked for me, dont ask me why, got no idea, i just wonder if it resolves your issue.

P.S. Just to be clear, i was not getting any dropped frames, i was just getting screen flashing.
Kotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 23:08   #46056  |  Link
arrgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotik View Post
Had a similar issue with SkyLake iGPU, this worked for me, dont ask me why, got no idea, i just wonder if it resolves your issue.
thanks for the help.
unfortunately it did not work out...
Old 29th September 2017, 00:14   #46057  |  Link
ryrynz

Try d3d9
Old 29th September 2017, 07:05   #46058  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

can you add option to set profile as default
Old 29th September 2017, 07:52   #46059  |  Link
ryrynz

It defaults to whatever you specify, sounds like you're not setting up your rules correctly?
Old 29th September 2017, 10:12   #46060  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayra View Post
can you add option to set profile as default
The first profile in the list is used if none of the profile rules are valid. This can be thought of as the default profile.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling