Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 22nd July 2015, 19:03   #7961  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW- View Post
Screen shots and viewing still 704 x 480
Maybe is a player (what?) problem.

Use MediaInfo to put a repport of your mkv output. You must see someting like:

Code:
Width                                    : 704 pixels
Height                                   : 480 pixels
Pixel aspect ratio                       : 0.909
Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
The display of 704x480 internal pixels must be 4:3 (704x528 screen pixels)
Old 7th October 2015, 08:46   #7962  |  Link
bxyhxyh

Hello, what's the reason of choosing FluxSmooth 1.1a instead of 1.1b?
Was 1.1b problematic or just forgot to update it?
bxyhxyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 15:31   #7963  |  Link
hello_hello

How does MeGUI cause x264 to lock a file that's not been encoded? It seems to happen quite a bit. As an example.....
I indexed with DGIndex. opened the d2v file in the script creator, played around with a bit of filtering in the script, then closed the script creator without saving the script. Nothing was loaded into MeGUI's video section for encoding, yet when I tried to delete the vob file, Windows told me it was locked. Unlocker agreed, and reported this:

Thanks.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 15:41   #7964  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Did you check in a task manager if a process of x264.exe runs in the background at this moment? I rather doubt that Unlocker is correct here, x264 should not lock any video source file while it is not busy encoding, it should not be in RAM any other time.

Uhm, well ... except you were playing with the deinterlacer options in the script builder, and x264 was just used to analyze it (I believe this is done by comparing the output of a very fast TFF and BFF encode of a tiny area with x264).

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 19th October 2015 at 15:44.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 18:46   #7965  |  Link
hello_hello

That's why I asked, because the file wasn't encoded so there was no reason for x264 to know it even existed, unless MeGUI is somehow doing something unexpected. It's definitely happened more than once before.... Unlocker reporting a file as locked by x264 even though I hadn't loaded a script to encode it. If Unlocker is getting it wrong, it seems a co-incidence that of all the exe's on my PC it could choose to incorrectly claim had locked the video, it just happened to pick x264. Can MeGUI somehow lock a file on behalf of another program, or is that theoretically impossible?

I'll probably need to wait until it happens again before I can answer those questions. I opened the same vob file again and when checking it with Unlocker it reported it was locked by MeGUI, and when I closed the script creator Unlocker reported as it no longer being locked. It doesn't happen all the time. Just now and then, but enough to be annoying.

I was playing around with de-interlacing but I never got MeGUI to analyse it, however I analysed it with MeGUI just now and Unlocker still says it's only locked by MeGUI. After closing the script creator it's unlocked again. Computers....

Last edited by hello_hello; 19th October 2015 at 18:49.
Old 19th October 2015, 20:34   #7966  |  Link
Zathor

x264 is only used in the encoding job so if you have not started any encoding it is not caused by MeGUI. Are you running any scripts outside of MeGUI? Are you able to reproduce it somehow?
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 22:26   #7967  |  Link
hello_hello

I'll have a play but it seems to be fairly random. I'm 110% certain though, that for the sample in question all I did was create a d2v file and experiment with some filtering using the script creator. And I'm fairly certain the same thing has happened previously, but maybe I'm going mad......
I'll try to forget about it until it happens again, and then see if I can work out what's going on.
Old 27th October 2015, 21:31   #7968  |  Link
hector1980

hi
when i encode audio with neroaac some where in the middle like when HBO logo comes up or there is a jet or airplane sound it cut off suddenly and there is no sound at all after it please help me fix its driving me crazy
and how can i do batch in onecliker encoding?!
thanks
hector1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 22:05   #7969  |  Link
Zathor

Does it happen also with other encoders and/or input decoders?

Batch encoding in OC: drag&drop files or folders onto the input field or open a directory/folder.
Old 27th October 2015, 22:53   #7970  |  Link
hector1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Does it happen also with other encoders and/or input decoders?

Batch encoding in OC: drag&drop files or folders onto the input field or open a directory/folder.
no just neroaac
hector1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 18:31   #7971  |  Link
Zathor

Then switch to e.g. QAAC. NeroAACEnc is not in active delopment anymore so there is likely no chance to have this fixed.
Old 28th October 2015, 20:29   #7972  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

You don't need to install QuickTime or even iTunes into your system if you use the makeportable.bat from the qaac "cabinet" to extract the required DLLs from their installer (preferably iTunes6464setup.exe).

New German Gleitz board
Old 1st November 2015, 23:16   #7973  |  Link
Bryce2

Hi! ...to everyone here (reading, questioning or answering)
At first I want to be forgiven for my terrible English... (its not my mother language)
Also I want to be forgiven because I'm gonna raise a question that has already been answered (but not for me) and has to do with pale colors and (or) washed-out blacks or colors.
Before anyone starts to say or write down "oh! what does he say? ..it's already perfectly answered on another thread" or feels the need to say or write down (but can't) "f..ck you! not again.." My question is.. how could 2 perfectly identical encodes (with exactly same settings) but different encoding tools (MeGUI & TX264)
(program --level 4.1 --preset veryslow --pass 2 --bitrate 1000* (8GB file size) --stats ".stats" --deblock -3:-3 --keyint 240 --bframes 6 --ref 4 --vbv-bufsize 32500 --vbv-maxrate 40000 --aq-strength 0.8 --merange 64 --me esa --psy-rd 1.0:0.20 --no-fast-pskip --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --output "output" "input")
and played back with same media player (MPC-Home Cinema) with same render-er, gives 2 different results when viewing. TX264's encode is at first completely identical to the source in the color encode part (something that's not happened for MeGUI) & even more weird is that TX264 re-produces perfectly the grainy parts for the same film, but MeGUI not. For me it makes no sense to have different results (despite the same settings) in 2 critical parts for a final quality result.. and I'm not a noob with encoding's and settings.
Someone could say "why don't you stick with TX264 if it suite's you better? The reason is that I prefer MeGUI as it is by far a more complete tool and another reason is that with TX264.. you give-it a file size of exactly 8GB and it produces a file size of 8.11GB or 8.48GB or 8.26GB or something near.. but never the exact 8GB file that I need. Why do I need a exact 8GB file size and not something so close or near to that? I could say that I have a obsession with the perfect. (I hope you don't think that I'm crazy!)
..A big pre-thanks for any answer or suggestion and or any help. (Except the advice that the best solution for me is to visit a doctor).

Last edited by Bryce2; 1st November 2015 at 23:22.
Bryce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 23:58   #7974  |  Link
leon

Hi

why recently MeGUI backs up everything in the same folder as the packege that's being updated ?

sometimes it causes problems.

like when I updated "eac3to" MeGUI backed up everything in the folder including NeroAAC encoder and after updating, MeGUI forced a NeroAACEnc reinstallation :|
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:07   #7975  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Confirming "forced reinstall" checked for NeroAacEnc 1.5.4.0 being installed, during a normal update cycle.

New German Gleitz board
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:15   #7976  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce2 View Post
... how could 2 perfectly identical encodes (with exactly same settings) but different encoding tools (MeGUI & TX264) [...] and played back with same media player (MPC-Home Cinema) with same render-er, gives 2 different results when viewing.
Please post the full MeGUI log file.
Are you sure that both encodes are the same? You have not mentioned the avisynth script. Both script file used in both encodes? Also both times the same x264 executable and avisynth version?
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:59   #7977  |  Link
Bryce2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Please post the full MeGUI log file.
Are you sure that both encodes are the same? You have not mentioned the avisynth script. Both script file used in both encodes? Also both times the same x264 executable and avisynth version?
Hi! Zathor...
1. If you mean the job log file.. I will attach a MeGUI .log file of a random encode (the problem with the pale colors & washed-out blacks is with each & every encode.. and not just for a specific one).

2. Avisynth* "TX264" does not use "Avisynth" (is not in tools folder of the app - perhaps it uses the main systems Avisynth installation without a mention? - not possible). Anyway... the MeGUI avs. script does not include any extra filters or anything else - just a simple video load & undot filter).

3. As for now both tools don't use the same x264 executable because TX264 has not an update since "October 08, 2014".. but a long time ago (a year or so) they used the same.
Then also MeGUI's problem with pale colors was the same.

As I mentioned before, for the x264 part, the settings for the 2 programs are the same (for now and then) with the only difference that I have raised for both, the "M.E Algorithm" since a year ago. (I have an 8core AMD now & then I had a 4core AMD Black Edition)

a) I have attached a profile and a .log file for TX264 from my last encode.
b) A .log file from my last encode and a standard avisynth script for MeGUI that I always use.
Attached Files
File Type: rar MeGUI logfile-15-10-29_01-00-27.rar (4.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: rar Oz the Great and Powerful.rar (962 Bytes, 4 views)
File Type: rar TX264 Film.rar (1.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: rar TX264_log.rar (6.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Bryce2; 3rd November 2015 at 19:28. Reason: uncomplete post
Old 7th November 2015, 08:25   #7978  |  Link
kuchikirukia

How did you manage to get so much out of date stuff with a developer version of MeGUI?

Try FFMS2 or L-SMASH instead of DirectShowSource.
kuchikirukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2015, 18:04   #7979  |  Link
Bryce2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchikirukia View Post
How did you manage to get so much out of date stuff with a developer version of MeGUI?

Try FFMS2 or L-SMASH instead of DirectShowSource.
Hi! kuchikirukia and sorry for my late response but I was far away from home...
I'll try FFMS2 & or L-SMASH as you suggest.. but what do you mean with "how did I manage to get so much out of date stuff with a developer version". Does your question have to do with me using DirectShowSource instead of using "File Indexer"? If not.. can you light me up?
Old 27th November 2015, 09:57   #7980  |  Link
unknownsoldierX

I just switched to the developer update server, and something has changed how AVIs are muxed. Before I updated, doing mp4 or mkv h264 to xvid, using 2 pass xvid, would have 4 jobs: lame, xvid, xvid, avimuxgui.

Now, without changing any settings, it wants to do MKV to AVI in 5 jobs: lame, xvid, xvid, ffmpeg mux M4V to AVI, avimuxgui AVI to AVI. I don't get why M4V is involved.

unknownsoldierX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
megui