Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 23rd November 2005, 16:53   #21  |  Link
Rockaria
nobody's nobody

Well, it's not my method.
I just gathered the related links and provided the minimum environment to start with for multi channel audio encoding with lots of potential.

We may find some more pipe-in capable encoders.
Or maybe somebody can provide a friendly user interface with job control.

It's not daemon server, just a dll starting to provide the decoded a/v stream by any application's call(initially designed for vdub).
The script is not like javascript or vbscript, rather a procedure definition language(like RPG), so no if-else-endif.

The provided minimum is enough to start with and maybe already surpassing some other integrated tools..
Rockaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2005, 12:14   #22  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

WOW! Very fine idea!
Seems like I can modify avs2wav in order to support inline scripting:

Code:
BePipe.exe NicDTSSource("DtsMusic.DTS").GetChannel(2,3,1,6,4,5) | naac -profile he -vbr 8 - AacMusic.m4a
dimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2005, 14:13   #23  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Thanks for encoding and e-mailing the 6Ch AAC sample as per my instructions. There appears to be no doubt that Nero "has" changed the AC3-to-AAC mapping, when using external tools

I wonder if I could trouble you guys further by generating one last test file for me please. This time using Nero7's version of Recode 2. As I'm curious to see if this new version of Recode2 is handling the channel mapping correctly.

Could you please use this PAL MPEG-2+AC3 12sec Sample as your source.

Many thanks
Old 24th November 2005, 18:02   #24  |  Link
Rockaria
nobody's nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimzon
WOW! Very fine idea!
Seems like I can modify avs2wav in order to support inline scripting:

Code:
BePipe.exe NicDTSSource("DtsMusic.DTS").GetChannel(2,3,1,6,4,5) | naac -profile he -vbr 8 - AacMusic.m4a
That seems one step shortened way of the user interface!
I am not sure if the client application(avs2wav or BePipe) can call the avisyinth methods directly(dll interface calls with parameters) but the stardard interface is through *.avs script file.
In this case, you will have to generate the temporary avs file in the program.

When you replace the avs2wav itself, there seems to be some benefits as well as possible restrictions:
. can make itself a gui appcation with user parameter input
. can display the job progress like fobar2k cli call

. hard to cover all the current & future features with simple user parameters
. possibility of losing the flexibility in favor of the convenience.

Overall, I will have to be satisfied with a role just reintroducing it.
The rest is yours anybody talented.
Old 24th November 2005, 18:19   #25  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockaria
Overall, I will have to be satisfied with a role just reintroducing it.
I believe it's great way to create BeSweet successor. BeSweet itself is very good but it's not OpenSource and it's hard to extend functionality. AviSync in other way is very flexible and extensible (via plugins and shared functions)...
So i will stop futher BeSweet plugin development and swith to BePipe development. It will be OpenSource command-line application written in C# (yeah, I do AVS2WAV to C# portation right now)
Old 24th November 2005, 20:19   #26  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

why C# ?

ANSI C is beautiful...
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2005, 21:55   #27  |  Link
E-Male
mad computer-scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise13
why C# ?
why not?
E-Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2005, 10:07   #28  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise13
why C# ?

ANSI C is beautiful...
Actually I hate C/C++
Old 25th November 2005, 12:56   #29  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

first alpha avail here: http://www.mytempdir.com/281217

Code:
bepipe --script "directShowSource(^c:\ab\re\001 Jenny From The Block.m4a^)" | C:\Progra~1\foobar2000\encoders\oggenc.exe -Q -q -2 - -o c:\test.ogg
Note: Replace quotes in script by ^

second alpha is here: http://www.mytempdir.com/281242

Last edited by dimzon; 25th November 2005 at 13:16.
Old 25th November 2005, 15:11   #30  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital
So have you (or anybody else) tried generating an 6Ch AAC encode using my suggested method, or not?

Here's a link to my 6Ch AC3 Speaker Test Sample
Code:
bepipe --script "NicAc3Source(^c:\test.ac3^).GetChannel(2,3,1,6,5,4).normalize()" | C:\Progra~1\foobar2000\encoders\oggenc.exe - -q -2 - -o c:\test.ogg
HERE: http://www.mytempdir.com/281434
Old 25th November 2005, 15:30   #31  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Thanks for the Vorbis in .OGG file.....

Sadly the speakers are not correctly mapped

Cheers
Old 25th November 2005, 15:34   #32  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Thanks for the Vorbis in .OGG file.....

Sadly the speakers are not correctly mapped

Cheers
Seems like speakers are not correctly mapped in You AC3 or something wrong with my PC/soundcard/etc. Bsz Your original AC3 file has invalid file mapping (left with right).
Old 25th November 2005, 16:27   #33  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimzon
Seems like speakers are not correctly mapped in You AC3 or something wrong with my PC/soundcard/etc. Bsz Your original AC3 file has invalid file mapping (left with right).
What do you mean by "invalid mapping"?

I've tried my AC3 and MPEG-2+AC3 in VOB files in just about every stand-alone DVD player and software media player I can find and the output appears to be perfectly mapped

Cheers
Old 25th November 2005, 16:30   #34  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
What do you mean by "invalid mapping"?

I've tried my AC3 and MPEG-2+AC3 in VOB files in just about every stand-alone DVD player and software media player I can find and the output appears to be perfectly mapped

Cheers
Seems like it's my PC problem (swap left with right)
Just try to encode to ogg using such filter GetChannel(1,3,2,4,5,6) and check channel mapping
Old 25th November 2005, 16:44   #35  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

I've just encoded the following 6Ch Vorbis in OGG using HeadAC3he..... and it seems to be correctly mapped, as I can play 6Ch Vorbis in hardware using my Pioneer DVD player

Cheers
Old 25th November 2005, 16:45   #36  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
I've just encoded the following 6Ch Vorbis in OGG using HeadAC3he..... and it seems to be correctly mapped, as I can play 6Ch Vorbis in hardware using my Pioneer DVD player

Cheers
Can You encode using BePipe and GetChannel(1,3,2,4,5,6) ?
Thanx!
Old 26th November 2005, 12:38   #37  |  Link
Rockaria
nobody's nobody

Quote:
second alpha is here: http://www.mytempdir.com/281242
Wow! It's just amazing! Who on earth can capture all( ) the requirements and constraints and deliver the solution(alpha) in 24hrs? I just miss those days... It works as it is supposed to.

Quote:
BePipe and GetChannel(1,3,2,4,5,6)
When I tested the multi channel ogg encoding GetChannel(1,3,2,5,6,4) was correct for several dsfilters including ffdshow and players like foobar, vlc. But the sound was funny, especially on the center and FR.
Since they stopped the multi channel encoding enhancement after the official development of 1.0 spec, it seems even got worse(broken).
Everything(including the foo_ogg which provide right channel order) proves it in my PC environment. What I haven't tested is using the old 1.0 version of the ogg encoder.
The attached encoded ogg file seems to sound ok except the channel messup which you can manage with ffdshow channel mapping. I wonder which encoder version is used with it.

Quote:
Actually I hate C/C++
I believe any language is OK as far as it satisfies the productivity and minimum portability and speed.
My belief is the inner side of the user interface and the setup routine can be dirty as far as it suffices the flexibility but the core looping routine must be optimized.

As it proves, we cannot satisfy everybody's desire (from the beginning). But it's already providing the decent solutions! As I saw it and you saw it.
Old 27th November 2005, 17:34   #38  |  Link
Rockaria
nobody's nobody

Time to temporarily conclude about the multichannel vorbis.
I did some thorough tests on the various versions of vorbis encoders and decorders, there are two groups :

1. foobar, winamp, ffdshow : foo_vorbisenc encodes without channel remappings and plays decently(not perfectly) on these decoders.
The two ffdshow vorbis decoder plugins failed to play reasonably.
When encoded with oggenc/oggenc2, it required the channel remapping GetChannel(a,1,3,2,5,6,4) to be played on these decoders

2. oggenc, oggenc2 and illuminate dsf pack : looks like original line
foobar encoded music sounds really funny here. The format seems to keep the channel order in FL_C_FR_SL_SR_LF.

3. Both seems to have some slight echoing especially on short media, which requires some tuning as well as the channel coupling enhancement promised in their spec.
Also as seen in the nero aac case, the different formats of channel order causes huge-confusion or no-more-use. People need to streighten them out.

Overall, it again does not depreciate the avisynth's flexibility at all.
Old 27th November 2005, 18:06   #39  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockaria
3. Both seems to have some slight echoing especially on short media, which requires some tuning as well as the channel coupling enhancement promised in their spec.
Also as seen in the nero aac case, the different formats of channel order causes huge-confusion or no-more-use. People need to streighten them out.
Agreed....

Which I why I would like to confirm if the channel mapping is incorrect when generating 6Ch AAC encodes in new Nero7 version of Recode2.

If the new Nero7 version of Recode2 generates "incorrectly" mapped files then Nero have a real problem/bug on their hands....

But if new Nero7 version of Recode2 generates correctly mapped files, then Nero are just being bloody minded by cocking-up the channel orders up for all us people who like to use their audio encoding filter with other encoding tools

Cheers

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 27th November 2005 at 19:01.
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2005, 18:58   #40  |  Link
Rockaria
nobody's nobody

The funny thing is nero released the new v6 version after the v7 release, which forces me to keep as silent as possible. I don't believe they will abandon the v6 user or force them to upgrade to v7 while keeping two different versions of aac formats. Looks like a temporary confusion. I am gonna wait until nero settle down on this.

The trap of the confirmation or the authority is actually everybody's role. I learn from anybody's experience regardless of the posting count, registered date or birthday, do some tests if I need more facts and like to share what I've learnt, and sometimes get disappointed when misunderstood like everybody does.