Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 24th November 2009, 23:14   #181  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Mav View Post
my word thats a massive speed advantage going to diavc. lord mulder what system spec was that tested on?
You see "My specs" in my sig?
Old 24th November 2009, 23:19   #182  |  Link
Cyber-Mav

yes i saw that the q6600 pc, i just thought you may have run those test on a different computer. is diavc stable in its image output? does it artifact at all or is it ok to use as a primary decoder even though its in alpha stage?
Cyber-Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 23:21   #183  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

There are no visible artifacts in my test clip. However I didn't check whether the output is bit-identical to other decoders.
Old 24th November 2009, 23:51   #184  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
yes i saw that the q6600 pc, i just thought you may have run those test on a different computer. is diavc stable in its image output? does it artifact at all or is it ok to use as a primary decoder even though its in alpha stage?
The DiAVC output the bit-by-bit accurate frames with the JM decoder. I encode bitstreams with jm and verified the output using JM when I developed the DiAVC.
I verify all conformance clips in the H.264 official site. There do exists one problem with the DiAVC. When there are multi slices with different slice type (P slice and others) in one picture, the DiAVC has a deblock problem with BS=1, but it influence little (about within[-2,2]), and I believe there exist hardly this bitstream in the world.

Last edited by schweinsz; 24th November 2009 at 23:55.
schweinsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 23:52   #185  |  Link
rack04

Here are my test results:

Code:
[ffdshow-MT r3135]
User: 1s, kernel: 0s, total: 1s, real: 54s, fps: 2715.4, dfps: 92.9
User: 1s, kernel: 0s, total: 2s, real: 54s, fps: 2485.7, dfps: 91.8

[DiAVC Alpha]
User: 5s, kernel: 0s, total: 5s, real: 31s, fps: 845.9, dfps: 159.6
User: 5s, kernel: 0s, total: 6s, real: 31s, fps: 822.2, dfps: 160.0
Will ffdshow output settings alter the results of the dfps? The reason I ask is because I have ffdshow video set to "High Quality YV12 to RGB Conversion" which may be effecting the dfps.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 23:53   #186  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Okay, I finally managed to get the latest DiAVC Alpha working on my system. And the results are quite impressive
Great news, the DiAVC will be much faster than it is now especially for new CPU with SSSE3.
Old 25th November 2009, 00:03   #187  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Will ffdshow output settings alter the results of the dfps? The reason I ask is because I have ffdshow video set to "High Quality YV12 to RGB Conversion" which may be effecting the dfps.
I guess the Null renderer accepts everything. But you should allow ffdshow to output YV12, so no colorspace conversion is done inside ffdshow.

Needless to say that any filters inside ffdshow should be disabled as well
Old 25th November 2009, 00:06   #188  |  Link
Cyber-Mav

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweinsz View Post
Great news, the DiAVC will be much faster than it is now especially for new CPU with SSSE3.
this is very impressive, have you looked into supporting older cpus that only have SSE1 such as the athlonxp etc?
thanks
Cyber-Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 00:09   #189  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
this is very impressive, have you looked into supporting older cpus that only have SSE1 such as the athlonxp etc?
thanks
When I finished some more important works (such as speed improment, feature supports, 64-bit and super-resolution for SD contents), I can work on it. If 64-bit is very complex, I perhaps work on support for old cpu.
Old 25th November 2009, 00:09   #190  |  Link
Disabled

I finally was able to get a windows computer to test this thing. Its a CoreDuo T2300 (1.66Ghz), WinXP SP3, 1 GB Ram, Intel GMAsomething. Benches were done using monograms GraphStudio benchmark, with 3-5 runs with null renderer. I also did comparisons with timecodec, while the numbers were a bit different, the trend was the same.
http://gamersyde.com/download_assass...-13631_en.html
720p, 60fps 10:52 minutes
ffdshow: 124.3667
DivX: 166.9982
CoreAVC: 165.1547
DiAVC: 180.8032

ADST_sample posted earlier
1080p, 23.976fps, 1:31 minutes
ffdshow: 40.2649
DivX: 54.5507
CoreAVC: 54.1513
DiAVC: 56.9768

ImperishableNightExtraStage.mp4 from DarkShikari
640x480, 60fps, 9:35 minutes
ffdshow: 225.7021
DivX: 340.6914
CoreAVC: 345.6809
DiAVC: 312.1756

So nice performance for me, also no artifacts were visible for all samples. I have the impression that the decoder needs a second to startup, that might have decreased the performance, especially for the last test, as that run the fastest.
Disabled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 00:10   #191  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=135
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=137
Old 25th November 2009, 00:25   #192  |  Link
Stephen R. Savage

Like Disabled, I noticed a startup delay when opening new videos. Hopefully this minor issue can be fixed. Another issue I noticed was that the filter is incompatible with DirectVobSub (VSFilter) if the video resolution is not mod16. The filter connects, but the video only shows a black frame (tested with MPC-HC/EVR Custom). Maybe this is a bug in DirectVobSub though.

On the bright side, I was able to measure the performance being consistently 10-15% higher than CoreAVC on my Core 2 Duo T7250. If the beta version can fix those issues and increase performance by 20% as schweinsz said, it will be perfect.
Stephen R. Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 16:35   #193  |  Link
Jaja1

Very interesting. Your decoder works fine here for an alpha version. Searching is very slow though. I wonder, what does it output? YV12 Rec. 709?
Jaja1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 16:41   #194  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
Another issue I noticed was that the filter is incompatible with DirectVobSub (VSFilter) if the video resolution is not mod16. The filter connects, but the video only shows a black frame (tested with MPC-HC/EVR Custom).
What is exact resolution of the video you tested? Works for me with mod8 height (1920x1080 resolution).
EDIT: Yes with EVR-CP there is some problems with not showing subtitles, but the screen is not black for me. Will test some more too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disabled View Post
I have the impression that the decoder needs a second to startup, that might have decreased the performance, especially for the last test, as that run the fastest.
Ohh, when I tested the speed, my results also showed that DiAVC is not that fast with small SD videos, but I never thought about startup delay... Need to run some more tests.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 25th November 2009 at 17:24.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 17:45   #195  |  Link
Avish

How do I get it working with Haali Renderer? It works with all other renderers but when I try use it with Haali Renderer, it automatically changes back to just "Video Renderer". I'm on 64bit XP Pro, using 32bit MPC HC.
Old 25th November 2009, 18:11   #196  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avish View Post
How do I get it working with Haali Renderer? It works with all other renderers but when I try use it with Haali Renderer, it automatically changes back to just "Video Renderer". I'm on 64bit XP Pro, using 32bit MPC HC.
You need to put some colorspace conversion filter after DiAVC but before renderer. FFDshow have a nice one.

Quote:
Another issue I noticed was that the filter is incompatible with DirectVobSub (VSFilter) if the video resolution is not mod16. The filter connects, but the video only shows a black frame (tested with MPC-HC/EVR Custom).
OK, tested this thing a bit more. Yes I can confirm black screen but it shows picture if you do some seeking. What is wierd, if I do some seeking, close the player then when I open it - it works. If I close player and open again - black screen. This is what confused me...

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 25th November 2009 at 18:21.
Old 25th November 2009, 23:17   #197  |  Link
Stephen R. Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
What is exact resolution of the video you tested? Works for me with mod8 height (1920x1080 resolution).
EDIT: Yes with EVR-CP there is some problems with not showing subtitles, but the screen is not black for me. Will test some more too...
I am talking about mod8 width, e.g. 712x480. I am also not talking about the internal subtitle renderer which works just fine but about the standalone DirectVobSub. It produces a black frame when the width is not mod16 and it is receiving input from DiAVC.
Stephen R. Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 23:21   #198  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
I am also not talking about the internal subtitle renderer which works just fine but about the standalone DirectVobSub. It produces a black frame when the width is not mod16 and it is receiving input from DiAVC.
Yes. I understand this. By the way the post you quoted a bit outdated now. As I say I see black screen with mod8 height too, but it acts somewhat wierd. The sample I tested have some black frames at the beginning so at first I not noticed that player shows black screen and after seeking it starts to show normal image. Maybe i'll test mod8 width sometime later.
Old 26th November 2009, 02:57   #199  |  Link
turbojet

I did some tests with MPC-HC 1351 on windows 7 x64. mkv files everything is ok except the aforementioned slow seeking.

But there's some issues with m2ts files.
Gabest MPEG splitter + DiAVC = double speed playback, crashes on seek
Haali media splitter + DiAVC = playback ok, crashes on seek
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 08:51   #200  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
I am talking about mod8 width, e.g. 712x480. I am also not talking about the internal subtitle renderer which works just fine but about the standalone DirectVobSub. It produces a black frame when the width is not mod16 and it is receiving input from DiAVC.
Do I need force the width and height mod 16 when require memory from the DirectVobSub if the width or height not mod 16?

Tags
avc, diavc, fastest decoder, h.264, software