Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 8th February 2003, 05:04   #1  |  Link
RathO
tha Canadian Soldier

SubTitDS still under developpement? some questions...

Just for info before i begin my thread i wanna say the way i do OGM.

After i have produced AVI (DivX502), OGG and ripped Subs to SRT, i mux using VirtualDubMod 1.4.13... i do not use anymore the divx502 decoder but the latest ffdshow filters to avoid garbage frames, the latest OggDS0995 and SubTitDS1122 since i get LOTS of troubles using SubTitDS1400.

Alright so here we go:
The following is no offense! to the authors, im just askin questions... politely

Ive been reading lots of stuff about the container/filters and im a bit disappointed...

I am wondering if SubTitDS still under developpement, because i have read in this forum that sooo many people have lots of problems playing their OGM with "embedded" subtiltes... and tobias site still announce: Current version 1.4.0.0 (last modfied 06.10.2002)... its been a long time since last update!
Is Tobias still working on it?

I had some problems (OGM including Subs didnt even start in wmp6.4..) using the latest SubTitDS1400.. so i had to reinstal some older version like the SubTitDS1122...

So can we say that the container itself is final/stable and that we can continue to produce OGM files without any worry if its ONLY a filters problem?

I also just read that VirtualDubMod wont support OGM Muxing in their future release... why? i think it worth the pain! (i would use OGGMux if it didnt produce some corrupted frames..)

I like the container and wanna stick to it, except if some "components" remains so buggy

Anyway, i keep having great time playing around with those programs!!
Keep up the good work!

Best Regards
Old 8th February 2003, 06:30   #2  |  Link
RathO
tha Canadian Soldier

Ok, i continued to read on the subject, and i found (on doom9 forum) that it may be better to use DirectVobSub. So i did install it. It works fine

But ive also read that Tobias has joined Xiph.org... so i dont think we might expect updates on the filters. Am i wrong?
Old 8th February 2003, 11:45   #3  |  Link
Suiryc

Re: SubTitDS still under developpement? some questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by RathO
I also just read that VirtualDubMod wont support OGM Muxing in their future release... why? i think it worth the pain!
Heh
Where did you read that ?

Quote:
But ive also read that Tobias has joined Xiph.org... so i dont think we might expect updates on the filters. Am i wrong?
I think XipH and Tobias will try to make a new 'official' standard out of OGM (at least it seems so when you read the thread mentioning Tobias joined XipH). As for what it will be and when it will be released ...

Last edited by Suiryc; 8th February 2003 at 11:50.
Suiryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2003, 14:46   #4  |  Link
RathO
tha Canadian Soldier

Re: Re: SubTitDS still under developpement? some questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by Suiryc
Heh
Where did you read that ?
Unfortunately, i cant find back that thread!
But i read that on doom9 forum for sure...
Quote:
I think XipH and Tobias will try to make a new 'official' standard out of OGM (at least it seems so when you read the thread mentioning Tobias joined XipH). As for what it will be and when it will be released ...
Great, i only hope it will playback our today OGM!

Thanx for reply!