Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 18th January 2005, 21:13   #1  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

BatchEncodeM2V 00014c alpha with HCENC support

Ive been coding off and on an application that will do one-pass encoding and also support apps other than cce pro sp. well, here is my first effort at it. seems to work so far, but please use it for non-mission critical applications for now.

It supports Quenc (59a, 59b). Also one-pass through cceroba (made by Tylo [d2sroba]) . and traditional multipass cce. procoder support and cce basic support will follow soon.

cceroba works best with cce 2.67.x..

quenc is supported by splitting the .avs file as it encodes then it merges it together.

This also supports adding pan_and_scan and 3:2 pulldown through use of pulldown.exe (named revpulldown.exe) that i modified that is included (run it w/out commands to see usage)

available at http://bui.dvd2dvd.org (link is on the left)

thanks again to tylo for cce roba.. dvd2svcd for the hosting and d3s7 and the gang for coding help suggestions.

<00014c> - the way i set the ecl header looked for 'version' but that didnt always exist. 'standalone' seems to be in all productnames (basic, 2.50 2.67 2.70 etc) so using that seems to have fixed the 2.50 issue.

<00014b> - fixed issue where -removesequenceendcodes being sent with -nooutput created a vif that matched the 'virtual output file' but not the source .mpv file as it should. revpulldown now ignores -removesequenceendcodes when used with nooutput. (same download filename)

<00014> - Added - VIF creation. Optional parameter (default to on i think) creates a vif file after encode through revpulldown.exe. For pan&scan or pulldown material the vif file is ALWAYS created regardless of the setting since it only takes ~1 second to create. Since for all other cases (PAL/NTSC-30fps) it is an extra step during encode so it is optional. (Worth the savings at import/compile time still IMHO.)
- HCENC is limited to 12batch(and i presume above).. .01 will work but will be wrong for bff material (which is rare) 12batch and above support setting field dominance in the .ini
- Added Support for CCEFRONT by tylo. It can be used as a replacement for CCEROBA for one pass encoding. It supports cce 2.70.. i have it properly scan the .ini to check the cce version (you still will use ccefronts cce version selecter) so run it once before using with batchencode.
- ... uhmm... im pretty sure some other stuff

<00013> - Added - Maximum GOP size param. (Default to on.) It will give an asset the longest GOP possible given its framerate (while still keeping M = 3. ) Its decision is made when the ccedata file is loaded. It makes 29.97fps items have a 18 frame gop (3/6) PAL is given a 15 frame GOP (3/5).. film can only be given the standard 12 frames( 3/4) because 3:2/2:3 pulldown process creates extra 'virtual' fields. Tested with cce seems to work so far.. hcenc/quenc/cceroba should follow suit. i'll test procoder and ccebasic later. (some say longer gops, specifically, less 'i' frames give better output )
- Fixed - repeating lines in temp avs creation. it didnt happen with doit4u's .avs created files but may happen with homemade ones.. now fixed.
- Uhmm.. other stuff

<00012c> - Fixed - allows for long PathNames. Prior long pathnames would be written to registry correctly but read back incorrectly. buffer extended to allow for more characters. Same Filename for download

<00012b> - Added support for HCENC 0.12 batch. Same filename for download

<00012> - Some small stuff. Added ability to set vaf to not overwrite (in case you wanted to do additional passes)
- You can highlight multiple items and set them as complete or delete them.
- Revpulldown version .99j included adds a -addfieldend option that will add a rff to the last temporal frame that doesnt already have one. this is for the purpose of helping with .5 errors on NTSC pulldown material. I dont actually use the new option for batchencode (addfield and 3:2 pulldown are used when needed to avoid .5 errors) but i figured i'd add it as an option..
- Other stuff (i think)

<00011c> - Im setting the ECL file header how zeul suggested (Based on the Product Name for that cce version) for all CCE versions. It seems to work fine.. please do a short test before you run a full encode. Same filename for download.

<00011b> - Found out the hard way that 2.70 treats drop_frame flag different than other versions with 23.976 fps source material (it shortens the file by 1/5) sooo.. this version fixes that by setting drop_frame=0 when encoding 23.976 (i have pulldown.exe always set dropframe ON for ntsc anyways). i tested it and appears to be ok.. i'll truely know in a few hours. this version is up for the testing with same install name (00011) on bui.dvd2dvd.org.

<00011> - 2.70 works now. since 2.70 actually lets you set field dominance i use that parameter instead of the offset line.

<00010> - added support for HCENC 0.01. it splits the file for chapter accuracy (although again you can shut the option off and encode as one file.) it uses most of the options.. any missing you can edit in the hc.ini. I'll add more in next version. HCenc encodes everything as tff. i adjust for that with pulldown (only in the rare time your mpeg is BFF). it also encodes with a start time of 01:00:00.00 which i also adjust for with pulldown. just point the exe to hc.exe. hcenc is still pretty new so use with caution.
- little gui tweaks and code tweaks

<0009> - small update..added some statistics for the AVS file including estimated file size. also a progress meter for when files are being joined (when applicable). also dropdown for changing DAR in edit mode.

<0008> - fixed issue pulldown was not always selected when it was supposed to. my aviframerate routine is fixed and should be ok now. thanks nevs5.

<0007> - includes updated pulldown 099h - fixes a long standing issue with pulldown that truncated files w/out a sequence end code. and fixed an issue with the -ps_add command (pan&scan)
- adds support for procoder (havent tested it much but seems ok)
- assures file names of encoded files are correct for what scenarist/reathorist expects.
- added option to not have encode (for procoder,quenc, cce basic) split by chapters and merged. with it on it encodes the file whole. this means chapters may be off which may be important for BOV and also may cause 0.4 errors. however its added by request (robot1) since generally it is harmless and the final file will have better quality.
- uhm... other stuff.

<0006b> - fixed PAL frame_rate_idx setting for .ECL files (hopefully)

<0006> - now supports CCE Basic.
- fixed ecl settings with PAL stuff.
- misc stuff

note: for pan and scan.. scripts created by scenaid and reathorist for pan and scan assets will flag the files as plain 16:9 (since pan&scan was never encoded in the past).. so if you decide to use the pan and scan feature you must alter the script for now.

Last edited by Trahald; 28th May 2005 at 21:00.
Trahald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 05:58   #2  |  Link
Darklistener
Bavarian Ripping Angel

Hi
nice tool Trahald.
I will give it a try the next few days.
Will this tool replace BatchCCE sometime?

Supports this tool CCE SP 2.70.x..

thx
Darklistener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 08:18   #3  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

The tool is intended to replace batchccews some time. Unfortunately the support for batchccews seems to have stopped so we should be glad people like trahald step in

Thanks Trahald!

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 13:57   #4  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

it probably works with 2.70.. i havent tested it yet. give it a shot
Old 19th January 2005, 15:51   #5  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

can it be used without the Big 3 ? i tryed with no success.

i had cofigured it on al basis, but i cannot feed avs or mb target size ...

thanks

BHH
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 19:37   #6  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

I really intended it to be used with big 3 however.. i did code for adding .avs individually but i did it badly so i disabled the menu option (it doesnt setup all the things it needs to).. it will be reenabled soon... for now you can make a cce-data.txt file in notepad for the file(s) you want and import that (there has to be quotes around the file name.. for now)
Old 20th January 2005, 08:08   #7  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@Trahald

Ok, thanks anyway

BHH
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2005, 08:10   #8  |  Link
Eyes`Only
Dizzin It Fizzast Fo Yizz

this imports standard ccedata.txt scripts (versions 1 and 2)?
•DVD2AVIdg useable by ReAuthorist •Bitrate control for use with NuMenu4U •Extras Bitrate applied to smaller PGCs in Main VTS •ScenAid integration •Right-Click Menus •Minimize to Systray •Improved Deinterlace Scripts
See: http://www.doitfast4u.com.

Use the donation link on the above URL or the app itself to make a $15+ donation and join the VIP list today!
Eyes`Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2005, 08:33   #9  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

Didn't know there were two versions, but yes

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
Old 20th January 2005, 16:38   #10  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

yes.. dif4u's 1.0.0.0 or 1.0.1.5 and 1.0.1.6 (has angle parameter)
Old 20th January 2005, 16:50   #11  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

hmm Ok. Never too old to learn something new

Old 20th January 2005, 22:19   #12  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

good thing or you'd be in trouble ;D
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2005, 05:35   #13  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

ok 0006 is up.. if you have time between mission critical backups please give it a shot for testing. thanks
Old 30th January 2005, 05:37   #14  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

oh and procoder support should be in next release.. procoder uses same ecl as cce so adding should be fairly simple.
Old 1st February 2005, 14:10   #15  |  Link
techniquefreak

Hi Trahald I'd like to thank you for coding such a great application. I've yet to test it thoroughly though - been a little busy lately. Anyway - thanks much and keep up the good work!

Kind regards

/Hansen
techniquefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 17:08   #16  |  Link
Zenak

I gave this a shot last night, and the results came back very impressive.

I was wondering though, I chose CCE MultiPass, but you have the single pass otption. Is that for CCE? If so what is the trade off in quality for the extra speed?
Zenak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2005, 20:40   #17  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

glad to hear it . if you are referring to the 1-pass option in the main screen then thats for quenc only . if you are referring to the 1-pass option in the option menu then.. yes.. that is for cce.. (its only for SP versions not basic) basically i use tylos Cceroba to have it predict the proper Q parameter and then it runs a 1-pass OPV based on that Q. if its too over or too short it runs a second pass ( i will include a setup menu for cceroba at some point but for now the .ini is editable ) i set it up to allow for decent undersizing (as low as 92% or intended size) to try to avoid the resizing second pass, but with no tolerance of oversize.
Old 11th February 2005, 05:23   #18  |  Link
Angelus

Just a quick question...when I tried out BatchEncodeM2V and when I try to start a job, the CCE windows loads and starts, and in the System Toolbar the CCERoba icon pops up but says that script is paused and flashes an "X" in the tray...is this normal?

Edit: Also one request possibly in the next version...is it possible to put a minimize button on the main program? Or a minimize to tray option? Not a biggie but thanks for a great program!
Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2005, 18:28   #19  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

when you right click a program using auto-it's tray icon (as cceroba is) it automatically pauses.. so if you ever want to right click it feel free.. but make sure you un-pause it

minimize button? sounds easy... should make the next version if not the one after that. (hopefully get some time this weekend.. been working on sum stuff for batchupdateifo)
Old 11th February 2005, 18:32   #20  |  Link
Nevs5

i am test out the program now. i look at batchcce and it show me that pulldown is check of when i import the ccedata.txt file and in your program i import the same ccedata.txt file and pulldown is not check off . so what one is right? yours or batchcce?