Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 1st December 2003, 22:18   #1  |  Link
MediaMage
The X in DivX

dvddecrypter really slow (HDD1 ISO --> HDD2 FILES)

Hereīs my Problem:

when Ripping an Image in IFO MODE mounted with Daemon Tools on Hdd1 (Raid-0 Drive) to HDD2 (7200 UPM Maxtor Drive) it rips really slow (about 10x Speed)

Neither my Raid or My Maxtor are really busy as i can see by the slowly flashing HDD LEDīs.

Changing the order (Maxtor -->Source DVD Ripped to Raid) hasnīt had any effect.

Simply Copying the Image from Raid to Maxtor gives me About 50 mb/sec (30x Speed at least).

Buffer also never fills up even one percent.

Tried all read-drivers as asapi, native win2k, elby

nothing had an effect

CPU Usage also was <5%

Setting DVDDECRYPTERS Priority to High in Taskmanager also didnīt have any effect.

Anyone any suggestions what causes this?
Old 2nd December 2003, 04:39   #2  |  Link
Kedirekin

There are two tools involved here. Daemon tools is as likely to be causing the slowdown as Decrypter is. There is some work involved translating file system read requests into ISO reads.

Rather than copying the image from one drive to another to test speed, mount the image then try copying the files from the virtual drive to your second HD.

Other than that, I don't have any concrete suggestions. The closest I've come to what you're describing is Decrypting (using Big 3) from an ISO mounted across the network, and I'm not surprised that that is slow. You might try playing with settings in DVDDecrypter - it certainly couldn't hurt.
Kedirekin is offline   Reply With Quote