Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 30th November 2006, 19:57   #2381  |  Link
Romario

Location: Qetchua mountains in Peru, and Klingon battlecruiser D'Mar
Who cares! 1.1.0.5 is an "old" version, so CoreCodec don't offer it anymore.
Old 30th November 2006, 20:12   #2382  |  Link
KoD

Ican also give the name of a player that is sold commercially and that bundles coreavc as well as some open source decoders like coreaac, gabest's mpeg2 decoder and others while being payware and closed source. And some people wonder why a small company that makes its money from selling a decoder and a player had to go the "let's implement activation" way...
KoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 21:59   #2383  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

@KoD

What's the name?
Old 30th November 2006, 22:06   #2384  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Free-codecs is full of illegal and shady codec packs, they've hosted ones that bundle nero, elecard, on2, divx pro (before it was free), and others over the years. So no big surprise there. More to the point, full of system-killer codec packs. (The worst part was that it was usually the commercial codecs that are the buggiest, ripping up your system's directshow capability, not the free ones.)
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 12:17   #2385  |  Link
KoD

Well, there's someting called FantasyDVDPlayer... just don't involve me in any sorts of trouble....
Old 1st December 2006, 13:00   #2386  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

http://www.tucows.com/preview/402989

that's the one?
Old 1st December 2006, 14:13   #2387  |  Link
KoD

Yes, that's the one. Be careful if you plan on installing it... look in your Windows/system32 for a folder where it places all its bundled filters and make a backup of that folder. Upon uninstallation it deletes that folder but does not unregister the filters there, so you'll have to go back to your backup and unregister them manually. At least that's the painful memory I have of it. There's also the nice media files extensions hijack it does that's not reverted upon uninstall.
Old 2nd December 2006, 18:25   #2388  |  Link
pankov

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaBoy View Post
I'm here... yeah vacation for me is packing... i'm moving to where its warmer... pankov... i'll look at the PM's in the AM... oddball.. I did not pursue your issue as you indicated you had requested a refund.
Betaboy,
I still haven't received the e-mail with the updated version

Should I contact you again? and how?
pankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2006, 21:36   #2389  |  Link
Maiku

pankov: i'm guessing you don't check CoreCodec's actual forums, which you probably should do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSun
Paypal has been fixed and we have fixed almost everybody that we could. For those that didn't got their products, please send me the paypal receipt to corecodec.sales@gmail.com, and please add [PAYPAL] at the beginning of the subject.

People who bought an older version of CoreAVC but did not got the update, send me the paypal receipt and your CoreAccount (at http://portal.coreforge.org) login/name if you have one to corecodec.sales@gmail.com, and please add [UPDATE] at the beginning of the subject.

We will then take care of those unlucky people once possible.

Please do not forget to add [PAYPAL] or [UPDATE] !

Thank you.
Maiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 11:03   #2390  |  Link
pankov

Maiku,
10x for the info ... I'll try it and hope it will work this time
pankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 08:03   #2391  |  Link
fedmond31

does not work neither i am an early buyer of coeavc pro , i have mailed twice to betaboy and did maiku suggestion but i have not my mail with update.
quite upset now
fedmond31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 16:48   #2392  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

betaboy is currently moving so he doesn't have internet. Try emailing their support department.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 20:08   #2393  |  Link
Ginsonic

Quote:
Try emailing their support department
I think he did

Quote:
and did maiku suggestion
I also emailed support department as suggested but still no answer.
Ginsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 21:01   #2394  |  Link
Isochroma

The true secret of CoreAVC is not its unusually efficient AVC decoding code - which will someday be equalled and perhaps even bested by ffdshow - but a little-noticed capability which has slipped quietly under the radar of most everyone but myself...

The story begins long ago in the misty veils of ancient times, but to make it shorter, I'll summarize its most important points. The VMR9 renderer, for sure, and probably also VMR7, both have a strange behaviour regarding YUV data presented to their input pins.

In particular, if any YUV format is presented, values outside the range of 16-235 (TV levels) are clamped; RGB inputs are not clamped. After uncountably extensive tests by yours truly using every filter combination imaginable, it has been determined that the clamping behaviour holds true for every case, and in no case is there an exception but one.

Avery Lee, the creator of VirtualDub, has been investigating the strange quirks of luma levels in the VMR renderers here.

You may be asking yourself right now, "why oh why would I want PC level range when most video is coded in TV range?". Some good reasons come to mind: your video output device is probably a PC monitor or LCD, which expects PC levels.

Feeding TV levels to such a device results in washed-out blacks (compounding the backlight leakage already present on LCDs) and dim whites.

During encoding or re-encoding, the AviSynth command:

ColorYUV(levels="TV->PC")

can be used to stretch the TV levels to fit your device, or alternately, ffdshow's 'levels' filter can do it in realtime. But if ffdshow is sending any YUV format to the renderer, this will be utterly useless due to clamping.

Knowing this, it is time to shift the focus of our examination to CoreAVC. This nice little filter has a checkbox labelled "Fix VMR9 color range". When checked, the output of VMR9 is observed to be full PC range, using a full-range source and with any YUV format selected as output (and no, it's not secretly sending RGB; the input pin of the VMR9 renderer was checked to make sure).

Never, ever in the history of VMR9 has any piece of software been able to make this impossible event occur. Somewhere in the VMR9 or elsewhere in the system, exists a method to force the VMR9 to pass full PC range without clamping, from a YUV input.

It is also observed, that if CoreAVC is set to output any YUV format, and ffdshow is set to accept that format and output any YUV format (no RGB formats checked), then the renderer will observe the usual clamping behavior. Thus, the CoreAVC filter must be directly connected to the VMR9 renderer's input pin in order for the fix to work.

The hope is now to find out how they did it. If the information can be obtained, developers of all other filters may also incorporate the fix into their software. The fix has many advantages; most importantly it means that ffdshow can output YV12 without the heavy CPU burden of conversion to RGB, yet still maintain PC range.

To wrap up, a request is now issued to CoreCodec to provide this small tidbit of information, which would both provide the video community with a much-needed fix, yet still maintain the advantage CoreAVC enjoys by means of its efficient decoding architecture.

Note: Verification

The behavior as stated above can be verified by running three instances of MPC. Your should have two source materials, one encoded in TV range, the other PC range, output in either VMR9 or VMR9 Renderless. Drivers newer than 84.21 on Nvidia cards may cause unpredictable results. Finally, make sure ffdshow is NOT set to accept any raw video inputs, to avoid having it get in between CoreAVC and the VMR9 renderer.

MPC #1: CoreAVC filter set to RGB32 output ("Fix VMR9 levels" checkbox state shouldn't matter)
MPC #2: CoreAVC filter set to any YUV ouput, checkbox checked (should cause unclamped passthrough)
MPC #3: CoreAVC filter set to any YUV output, checkbox unchecked (should cause clamping to TV range)

If your source is TV range, #1-3 should appear identical and show TV range
If your source is PC range, #1,2 should appear identical and show PC range, while #3 shows TV range.

Last edited by Isochroma; 4th December 2006 at 22:37.
Isochroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 22:17   #2395  |  Link
DeathWolf

For those interested.
What i have found on this matter is that there's a fix for vmr to force output PC levels, at least with nvidia drivers.
This is it:

Quote:
1 Launch regedit and determine the current primary display card by
looking in
HKey_Local_Machine\Hardware\DeviceMap\Video
and note the GUID (global unique identifier assigned by Windows),
which is the long string in brackets { } at the end of the entry
ʺ\device\video0ʺ.
2 Look in
HKey_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\
{GUID}\0000
where {GUID} is the number derived from the previous step.
3 Open the ʺ0000ʺ directory and create a new DWORD called
VMRCCCSStatus and give it a value of
0x1 - to force use of the standard YUV range of 16-235
0x3 - to force use of the extended YUV range of 0-255
This seems to effectively(at least on my two comps) force TV levels to be remapped(stretched) to PC levels. Also i think it clamps if it receives full PC levels but i havent checked that thoroughly yet.
DeathWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 13:56   #2396  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isochroma View Post
That fix works only with DVI outputs, and of course only with Nvidia cards, unfortunately.
No it fixed my case as well. I have 7600GS and use casual D-Sub output for CRT monitor. Since i work much with PC level videos (i.e. which are already encoded as (0..255)) i was very annoyed by VMR9+YV12 output.

Solution from DW helped the issue (and he told me a while ago before posted here on the forums :P)
Egh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 19:35   #2397  |  Link
Isochroma

84.21 may clips VMR9 outside 16-235 over DVI, Latest Nvidia driver clips

Quote from the 84.21 driver release notes:

"Video color-space range for DVI-only1 outputs is erroneously set to standard mode (16-235) instead of extended mode (0-255).

A new detection feature to apply Standard CSC mode to TV outputs (including NTSC, PAL, 480i, and 576i), included DVI-only outputs by mistake.

Note: The driver correctly applies extended mode to analog outputs, and standard mode to TV outputs (including NTSC, PAL, 480i, and 576i).

A future driver release will correct this and apply the extended-mode color space to DVI-only outputs.
"

1. “DVI-only” means only one display is connected, and it is to the DVI output.

Last edited by Isochroma; 5th December 2006 at 19:39.
Isochroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 01:25   #2398  |  Link
wiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soresu View Post
This business with activation in 1.2 is ridiculous... It barely has enough features to warrant a .1 update and the most wanted thing in it is the Windows MCE fix.

I just changed out my motherboard (useless Abit KN9 SLi from early production) and reinstalled, only to realise that I was back to using version 1.1 because I couldn't install 1.2 anymore. This is exactly the kind of stance that makes MS a target for crackers with Vista... only they at least amended their license so that you could reinstall/change hardware as often as you like...

I'm not a happy customer!

OK... i'm cooling down now... rant over
got a point, why have activation?, when someone will everytime crack/hack it, just look at microsoft, People wants a codec that will work in there HTPC and there main PC, and will work with diffrent OS'es on the same pc

i have the problem to it says :
Quote:
this product has already been activated
dooh, i just reinstalled windows?, what about it ask's the account system that it will allow to run on upto 4 pcs at a time and no more?, it will give people more room, and meybe people will not download a hacked/cracked versions

my little story/timeline (and am proud of it to!)
1. I downloaded the alpha codecs that was here in the forum
2: I got CoreAVC 1.1.0.5 of a friend (illegal)
3. I Bought CoreAVC 1.1.0.5 (Legal!)
4. I upgraded to 1.2.0.0(Legal!)
5. I have no clue but i cant use 1.2 as it says its already activated
6. I reverted to my friends one (illegal), but i payd for 1.1.0.5, but i cant download it anymore
7. Now i use 1.1.0.5 (illegal!)

i think many people has my dilemma :/

Last edited by wiak; 8th December 2006 at 01:35.
wiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 03:07   #2399  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

I haven't installed 1.2 yet - I have a dual-boot system (two OSes on the same PC) and I NEED to have CoreAVC Pro working on both (one OS for video editing and previewing, the other for HTPC-only use). From what I read this isn't possible.

Or is it? Has someone tried it?
Rectal Prolapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 03:10   #2400  |  Link
wiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Prolapse View Post
I haven't installed 1.2 yet - I have a dual-boot system (two OSes on the same PC) and I NEED to have CoreAVC Pro working on both (one OS for video editing and previewing, the other for HTPC-only use). From what I read this isn't possible.

Or is it? Has someone tried it?
yes, i have tryd to run CoreAVC 1.2 on Windows XP & Windows Vista on the same pc in dualboot

Tags
codec, coreavc, corecodec, coremvc, cuda, decoder, dxva, h.264, mvc, scam