Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st March 2003, 17:45   #21  |  Link
goober22

Quote:
Originally posted by mcentee
New version looks good - just also wondering about the Audio/Sub stripping. Anyone got any preference for how to do this before DVD2One does it trick. IFOEdit was mentioned earlier, but I am unsure what the sequence- there must be a guide somewhere already!
This was posted elsewhere:

----------
1) Rip the WHOLE disc to your HDD

2) Open the .ifo of the set where you want to remove the soundtrack from in ifoedit 0.95

3) click the VOB extra's button and check correct original ifo's and de-check create new IFO's
Also check the automaticly copy menu files to destination

4) press next and remove the unwanted streams

5) Merge the original content of the disc MINUS the part allready in the destination directory

6) Do the correct vts sectors routine

7) process with DVD2one 1.1.1

8) test and burn.

I know this is some hasle but for now it's the easiest way of doing it with DVD2one.

ReneB
------
goober22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2003, 18:00   #22  |  Link
mcentee

Thanks Rene B - I suppose what I reaqlly mean is that i have seen so many guides to ifoedit that I am not sure which is the one to use for this! I am talking about things like copying the vts vob set and rename to vts_01_ from vts_0x_, and others like it. Or creating new ifo's etc.

From the guide you replied with, I take it I don't need to copy the titleset to a different directory and rename back to vts_01_ before stripping? So I can just run the strip process on the original ripped vts set (not vts_01)? Also, am I right in understanding that ifoedit will create the stripped clean new vobs in a new directory with a new vts_01_0.ifo and a new video_ts.ifo in that new directory.

If so, do I just copy all these files back into the original directory (making a backup of the orig files of course!). In this case my question relates to the new ifo files, are these created purely from the new vobs (as they would be during an ifoedit "create new vobs" process) are are they tweaked copies of the original ifo files that will now work with the new vobs as well as including any extra ifo config that was there originally (sub colours, language info etc) ?

Hmm...after reading the above it looks like I don't fully understand the intricacies of ifoedit yet, maybe this should be in the ifoedit forum..apologies!

Many Thanks
mcentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2003, 02:03   #23  |  Link
Sofaking

cheers for the new update

btw
some other guy made a perfect guide to strip streams/subs using ifoedit/dvd2one v1.1.1

credits to Nestochi => Remove streams
Sofaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2003, 18:12   #24  |  Link
NT

----------
(1) Rip whole DVD to your HD using file mode in DVDDecypter
*except main movie vobs*

(2) then rip main movie vobs with DVDDecrypter using ifo mode.

(3) use stream processing to get rid of audio,subs.
*make sure you include main-movie .ifo file*

(4) process with DVD2one 1.1.1

(5) test and burn.
----------
NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 06:35   #25  |  Link
OsirisMedia01

Yep that would be the logical way to do it I woulda thought
Good ol DVD Decrypter style
OsirisMedia01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2003, 10:28   #26  |  Link
mcentee

All very good guides, for what they are supposed to achive, but really I am after something that would "simply" remove a Title from a DVD, so that I could then process it with DVD2One or IC7. Most of guides are good at stripping VOB-IDs or audio/subtitle streams.

Again, this is probably the wrong forum now, as most of the guides I see are aimed at using ifoedit.

Is anyone out there working on a "helper" program to automate ifoedit, or do somthing similar - it seems that most peoples problems come from using IC7 to do the title stripping when it can't really handle it. It would be good to have a tool that shos you the titles on a DVD, then allows you to just choose the ones you want, then it goes away and reworks the ifo files so that they still work.

So far, I like the idea behind Misterx's guides, in that a title can be replaced by a blank file, that way the IFOs structure isn't changed - only the details. I supose there are a million-and-one ways to skin a cat (or DVD title), so its not a trivial excercise to code.
mcentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2003, 15:10   #27  |  Link
chew1138

I haven't been able to find the answer to this question, so sorry if it's been posted.

What's the correct size entry for full disc copy in DVD2One? I overwrote it a while back and wanted to check (4480mb??)
chew1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2003, 15:47   #28  |  Link
mordant

4472 is the default...I had forgotten this myself, but just reinstalled it a few days ago.
mordant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2003, 17:19   #29  |  Link
Arianos
Gone

Quote:
(By NT)
----------
*except main movie vobs*

(5) test and burn.
----------
I think the above should be an extra super sticky on the very top.
The only thing missing is
(3a) rename VOBS according to original names (which is obvious, but never hurts to say it)

All the Ifoedit guides i've seen work OK if one wants to keep the 1st language (99% English)or the 1st Sub Stream (again, 99% English).
They also work OK if you select an Audio or Sub Stream via the remote Audio or Sub button, BUT NOT from the disc's menu!!.
The only exception is here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46909
(By 2COOL. Should work, but it didn't for me Probably something I do wrong. Also, what about subs? )
Plus, Ifoedit takes a freaking long time, while this way, the stripping is done while ripping!
Downside:
You get to scroll through all the languages, if you want to change them during play. ALL the names are still there.
I just did "Breakfast at Tiffany's", European edition, kept English Audio and English, Greek, Portuguese and English for the hearing impaired subs(1, 5, 7 and 15 I think) and the Sub menu on the backup works perfectly OK on my super picky Philips 743
I suppose the method could be fine tuned a little (e.g. No sound, when you select an audio that isn't there anymore) but since it works ok for me otherwise, I won't try to fix it.
Arianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2003, 12:32   #30  |  Link
Sbofen

Quote:
Originally posted by NT
----------
*except main movie vobs*

(5) test and burn.
----------
How about just staying in file mode for step 2? Just right-click on the .vob's and choose stream processing
Sbofen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2003, 00:52   #31  |  Link
xmenxmen

Hopefully in a few weeks they would have an update to allow removal of extra and change compression rate of extra. Tried it on "You Got Mail". It reduce everything down to 55% which is quite bad. Movie is 5.16GB with 3GB of extra.

Keep up the good work as the program is looking more promising by the day. And love the speed.
Old 28th March 2003, 14:37   #32  |  Link
JF Sebastian

Forced Subs??

As my first test I just did The Mummy Returns, going through ifoedit first as reposted by reneB (thanks), selecting english audio and english subpicture only, then letting dvd2one do its thing.

Speed is staggering - I used to have to leave a project running all night - and quality pretty good. I think there was a slight blockiness to all the flickering flames but you really had to know the original. Apart from that, all menus etc worked perfectly and in all noticeable respects it is a perfect copy.

BUT for some reason I lost all the Forced Subs such as when Imhotep is speaking the ancient language - this appears not to be in the main subpicture. Is this usual? Forced Subs aren't embedded in the video so are they placed elsewhere in another language?

If I could determine how to locate Forced Subs then ifoedit > dvd2one would be my only choice, as a lot of the movies I have seem to have some sort of Forced Subs somewhere in them (Sum of All Fears, SWep2, True Lies, Mummy, etc etc).

Anyone help?

JF
Old 4th April 2003, 12:37   #33  |  Link
guzpot

IFO mode or ISO

u still use IFO mode on the new verison ov DVD2one or can u use ISO like INstant copy
guzpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2003, 22:19   #34  |  Link
theshakez

Dvd2one bug

Anyone noticed the bug when using Dvd2one?
There is a problem with the audio quality on playback, the sound keeps dropping slightly, then slowly builds back up. Does this all through the film. Tends to be more noticeable the more you compress.
theshakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2003, 22:29   #35  |  Link
jdobbs

I have serious doubts this could possibly be a DVD2one bug... DVD2one doesn't touch the sound -- it comes over as-is.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote