Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st January 2015, 04:30   #1021  |  Link
Zachs
Suptitle, MediaPlayer.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRyche View Post
On MPC-HC it says "enable DVD subtitles" then has a separator, than has 2 separate entries that say "english". The 1st "english" entry is for signage only and the 2nd entry is for signage and dialogue. It has no "no subtitle" entry.
Ah both have the same text. I fixed an issue in regards to the subtitle tracks having the same text in the next release, hopefully that's the same bug that you're seeing.
Zachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 06:46   #1022  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyEmbrace View Post
Zachs, I have encountered two error in the Extension framework.

1 - When using m_PlayerControl.ShowOsdText() the timeout doesn't seem to work so the text simply stays on the UI until I call m_PlayerControl.HideOsdText()
2 - When using m_PlayerControl.StopMedia() followed by m_PlayerControl.PlayMedia(false) it seems to get stuck at the current location with a white screen.

You can easily confirm the second one by using the remote. For the first one simply disable the hideTimer in the remote, connect and the next time it displays it should be stuck.
#2 has been fixed in v2.18.5.

Just wondering if you'd be so kind as to make us an Android remote client? :P
Old 21st January 2015, 06:51   #1023  |  Link
DeadlyEmbrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs View Post
#2 has been fixed in v2.18.5.

Just wondering if you'd be so kind as to make us an Android remote client? :P
I am thinking of getting around to that at some point or another, probably once all of the main remote functions have been added to the extension.

It seems you simply closed my pull request without merging it, is there something I need to change?
DeadlyEmbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 07:07   #1024  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
I am thinking of getting around to that at some point or another, probably once all of the main remote functions have been added to the extension.

It seems you simply closed my pull request without merging it, is there something I need to change?
Uh did I? Hmm can you do another one? I might have inadvertently done that. Sorry!
Old 21st January 2015, 07:19   #1025  |  Link
DeadlyEmbrace

No worries, I'll submit a new request in a bit.
Old 21st January 2015, 10:02   #1026  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
For some reason, LAV Video Decoder changes the resolution to 1920x1080 even when the source is clearly 1920x1088... Why? Something to do with height being divisible by 16... but again why the need to enforce that?
The encoders can't encode 1080, they can just do 1088. They can use "cropping" in the bitstream to get to 1080, and they usually do that, but sometimes the cropping bitstream element is missing.

All displays out there are 1920x1080, and the remaining 8 lines in a 1920x1088 video bitstream are usually "garbage". Because of that it makes a lot of sense to forcefully cut 1920x1088 down to 1920x1080. Otherwise those 8 garbage lines would be visible, and furthermore they would also result in scaling becoming active when rendering on 1920x1080 display which really doesn't make any sense.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 10:42   #1027  |  Link
romulous

Thanks, the new snapping in .5 is much better - it works as expected now.
romulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 11:57   #1028  |  Link
Zachs

User contributed articles

SVP + MPDN, relying on frame rate decimation feature by Blackfyre

* Post will be updated as more users contribute articles about MPDN

Last edited by Zachs; 28th January 2015 at 11:29.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:14   #1029  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
No worries, I'll submit a new request in a bit.
Done. Oh BTW can you do a quick merge from my branch? Basically it's a simple change to make it use .net 4.0 methods only. Hopefully that will make it possible to auto merge.
Old 21st January 2015, 17:58   #1030  |  Link
DeadlyEmbrace

Quote:
Done. Oh BTW can you do a quick merge from my branch? Basically it's a simple change to make it use .net 4.0 methods only. Hopefully that will make it possible to auto merge.
Done. Sorry for not replying earlier, access to Doom9 is blocked on my work PC when I'm on the VPN.
Thanks for fixing the Stop/Play issue, it now works perfectly. (Just checked it out)

I have found a strange issue when using fullscreen on my primary monitor (I have 3 panels)
When I go fullscreen on the main panel the two side panels flash black as the switch occurs. If I then click in one of the side panels it flashes black again and then goes on like normal. This happens every time I click inside the player and then outside or vice versa. The issue doesn't occur when I make it fullscreen on one of the secondary displays.

Last edited by DeadlyEmbrace; 21st January 2015 at 18:49. Reason: More to say
Old 21st January 2015, 21:20   #1031  |  Link
XRyche

Quote:
Ah both have the same text. I fixed an issue in regards to the subtitle tracks having the same text in the next release, hopefully that's the same bug that you're seeing.
Didn't work. DVD vobsubs still only let me choose the 1st or last entry. I checked out if .ass did the same thing. They do not. .ass seems to work as expected.
XRyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 23:04   #1032  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Done. Sorry for not replying earlier, access to Doom9 is blocked on my work PC when I'm on the VPN.
Thanks for fixing the Stop/Play issue, it now works perfectly. (Just checked it out)

I have found a strange issue when using fullscreen on my primary monitor (I have 3 panels)
When I go fullscreen on the main panel the two side panels flash black as the switch occurs. If I then click in one of the side panels it flashes black again and then goes on like normal. This happens every time I click inside the player and then outside or vice versa. The issue doesn't occur when I make it fullscreen on one of the secondary displays.
This is fullscreen exclusive mode we're talking about isn't it? Exclusive mode seems to be very dependent on the GPU drivers and it behaves very differently from Dx9 to 11. On my Windows 7 setup, Dx10 causes all the screens to go black except the one playing the video, while Dx11 works like 9 where all screens continue to work just fine. I'm afraid there's not much I could do about that.

Quote:
Didn't work. DVD vobsubs still only let me choose the 1st or last entry. I checked out if .ass did the same thing. They do not. .ass seems to work as expected.
It's going to be quite hard to figure out what is going on without having the actual samples to test... It's been a long time since I even had a DVD at home, so I'm not sure how to make a sample out of it but perhaps someone could help...
Old 22nd January 2015, 04:17   #1033  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
v2.18.6 Changelog:
Implemented seamless subtitle track changes (when the decoder queue is long enough to cover for the delay)
Mother of god, it works. No drop in audio on subtitle selection..
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 04:21   #1034  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Should be fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Mother of god, it works. No drop in audio on subtitle selection..

And if your decoder queue is long enough or your machine fast enough, you won't even get so much as a stutter in video.
Old 22nd January 2015, 04:28   #1035  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
The encoders can't encode 1080, they can just do 1088. They can use "cropping" in the bitstream to get to 1080, and they usually do that, but sometimes the cropping bitstream element is missing.

All displays out there are 1920x1080, and the remaining 8 lines in a 1920x1088 video bitstream are usually "garbage". Because of that it makes a lot of sense to forcefully cut 1920x1088 down to 1920x1080. Otherwise those 8 garbage lines would be visible, and furthermore they would also result in scaling becoming active when rendering on 1920x1080 display which really doesn't make any sense.
Doesn't make much sense then to say the bitstream is 1920x1088 to begin with and then decide later that it should be 1920x1080. Anyway I tested with a PNG file - and those 8 lines you spoke about aren't garbage for sure!
Old 22nd January 2015, 04:30   #1036  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
And if your decoder queue is long enough or your machine fast enough, you won't even get so much as a stutter in video.
For my queue is long and my machine is fast, I shall see no delay.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 04:36   #1037  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
For my queue is long and my machine is fast, I shall see no delay.
As long as you don't exhaust your decoder queue (e.g. changing subtitle tracks over and over).
EDIT: Ah found it to skip one frame when the crossover happens. Fixed in next release...
EDIT2: Found a bug where it would lock up if subtitle changes occur too fast. (Fixed)

Last edited by Zachs; 22nd January 2015 at 05:47.
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:30   #1038  |  Link
XRyche

DVD vobsubs appear to be being selected correctly now as well as the GUI show the selection correctly as well. Still have the problem of the subtitles not displaying at seemingly random times. This behavior is apparent in what we discussed earlier. Thanks for fixing the GUI issue.
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:32   #1039  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
DVD vobsubs appear to be being selected correctly now as well as the GUI show the selection correctly as well. Still have the problem of the subtitles not displaying at seemingly random times. This behavior is apparent in what we discussed earlier. Thanks for fixing the GUI issue.
Do you get similar behaviour with DirectVobSub vs XySubFilter?

When you say random times, do you mean going back to the same playback position the subs will appear at times but not others?
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:53   #1040  |  Link
XRyche

I just have XySubfilter installed on my system as of right now. I'll install DirectVobSub and let you know. What I mean by "seemingly random" is that sometimes the dialogue subs don't appear sometimes the signage subs don't appear. I'll try going back and forth to specific positions and see if that has any bearing on whether they appear or not.

Tags
direct3d, mpdn, nnedi3, opencl, reclock