Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 23rd September 2008, 17:52   #341  |  Link
turbojet

nice work, I have just one little issue that may or may not be resolvable. I often use radmin 3.2 between the 2 computers I have at home. It seems like when I disconnect from radmin it freezes x264 encoding if decoded with dgavcdecnv. Radmin has a 30 day trial period I'd really appreciate it if it could be looked at.
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:09   #342  |  Link
LaTo
LaTo INV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
nice work, I have just one little issue that may or may not be resolvable. I often use radmin 3.2 between the 2 computers I have at home. It seems like when I disconnect from radmin it freezes x264 encoding if decoded with dgavcdecnv. Radmin has a 30 day trial period I'd really appreciate it if it could be looked at.
why using radmin? tightVNC is free and really good...
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:22   #343  |  Link
turbojet

Well I use it at work regularly, and I was able to obtain some licenses from work. They bought a bigger package then they needed, but it didnt cost them any extra, volume pricing. So I didn't actually have to pay for it. I've never had much luck with vnc on windows, slower then im used to and random disconnects, especially when more than one is connected. Even on linux I choose nx over vnc if its for long amounts of time.
Old 23rd September 2008, 19:44   #344  |  Link
Comatose

Probably because it uses a virtual video driver or something and it screws with NVIDIA's driver. Remote Desktop does this too.
Old 23rd September 2008, 20:51   #345  |  Link
lucassp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Do nvidia's cards support VC-1 decoding???
it seems like only a low end chip has full VC-1 Decoding Support over DXVA:

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion...hp?t74108.html
Old 23rd September 2008, 20:55   #346  |  Link
ndkamal

Hello Neuron2, you make a FANTASTIC JOB, with your software, a graphic card like the GeForce 9500GT (70 €) is more powerful than two C2Q Q9300 (400 €) in transcoding. Thanks a lot !!!!
Windows 10
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:00   #347  |  Link

Don't thank me too hard yet. I have to tell you that for the NV versions I am going to a model like jdobbs has for DVD Rebuilder Pro. That's the reason that the current binaries have an expiration. I plan to roll it out before they expire.
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:06   #348  |  Link
ndkamal

A question for blubberbirne what is your processor and what is the fps in second pass with this ?
Windows 10
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:09   #349  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Don't thank me too hard yet. I have to tell you that for the NV versions I am going to a model like jdobbs has for DVD Rebuilder Pro. That's the reason that the current binaries have an expiration. I plan to roll it out before they expire.
Looking forward to it.
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:15   #350  |  Link
DarkZell666
aka XaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberbirne View Post
hey, the second pass is the problem Its "ultra" fast for HD Encoding
You used --subme 2 and no partitions, so 80~fps on 720p looks quite normal if you have a quad-core machine

Seriously, do compare with --b-adapt 1, I believe it's not the second pass that's too fast but the first pass that's slown down ^^' (though you only used 3 b-frames, hmm wierd).

Please post some test results if you want this settled

Q9300 OC @ 3.2ghz / Asus P5E3 / 4GB PC10600 / Geforce 8600 GTS
Old 24th September 2008, 01:11   #351  |  Link

I've published my development dialog with Nvidia. It will be interesting to developers.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdecnv/cuda/cuda.html

I have also rolled out the licensed version.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdecnv/dgavcdecnv.html

There will not be any more free versions of DGAVCDecNV available after the current alpha expires next month.
Old 24th September 2008, 02:17   #352  |  Link
Dark Eiri

Hey neuron2, do you plan on doing a version of DGIndex for MPEG-2 with GPU decoding anytime soon? I know it wouldn't be a massive improvement since MPEG-2 decoding is not that CPU intensive as H264, but it would be nice, since the deinterlacer would be GPU processed.

DGAVCdevNV is really impressive. Totally worth the $15!
Old 24th September 2008, 02:29   #353  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

Just curious, is the licensing fee a fee that nvidia requires, or is this towards you? I don't mind either way, but if it's towards you I'm all the more eager to donate

@Dark Eiri: True that MPEG-2 doesn't require as much CPU, but when you deal with very high bitrates (the early blu-rays) there's still some benefit.
Old 24th September 2008, 02:40   #354  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagekilla View Post
Just curious, is the licensing fee a fee that nvidia requires, or is this towards you? I don't mind either way, but if it's towards you I'm all the more eager to donate
There is nothing payable to Nvidia:

http://developer.download.nvidia.com...al_license.txt
Old 24th September 2008, 02:41   #355  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Eiri View Post
Hey neuron2, do you plan on doing a version of DGIndex for MPEG-2 with GPU decoding anytime soon? I know it wouldn't be a massive improvement since MPEG-2 decoding is not that CPU intensive as H264, but it would be nice, since the deinterlacer would be GPU processed.
I plan to enable it for MPEG2 and VC1.

Quote:
DGAVCdevNV is really impressive. Totally worth the $15!
Waiting for your donation...
Old 24th September 2008, 02:43   #356  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

Aha, well I'll be sending some money your way in a bit
Old 24th September 2008, 02:54   #357  |  Link
rebkell

I just tried to make a contribution from the link you have with a Credit Card, but I don't think it went through, but the message is a little confusing: I'll check my email for the next day and if nothing shows up, I'll do it again.

The message I got when I submitted:

Quote:
Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation during the next day.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.
Old 24th September 2008, 03:13   #358  |  Link

Let's see what happens and I'll call PayPal tomorrow too. Thanks for letting me know.

BTW, the licensed version has a fix for the bug with non-detection of the GPU that required a reboot. Nvidia sent it to me today.
Old 24th September 2008, 03:29   #359  |  Link

@rebkell

I just called PayPal and they say everything is fine and in fact a donation arrived from someone else while I was on the phone with them. They think it is some problem with your account or credit card info.

I'd prefer people to PM or email me with issues like this, so we can keep to technical things in the thread.
Old 24th September 2008, 04:13   #360  |  Link
tre31

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I've published my development dialog with Nvidia. It will be interesting to developers.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdecnv/cuda/cuda.html
Interesting read, quality support!
and finally well done neuron2 - good too see that gpu power being used for something, and if you do the same for mpeg-2 (au dvb-t = mpeg-2) there is no doubt in my mind that nvidia gets my vote for my next gfx purchase.

Been interesting watching this thread, and the speed (and enthusiam) with which you have working prototypes - impressive.
Closed Thread