Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 17th April 2005, 22:10   #1  |  Link
numlock

How to open Matroska files in AviSynth ?

I just installed mastroska pack and used it in iuVCR to capture a tape. Problem is the files have extension .mkv and AVISource will not open it not even after I renamed the fils to .avi.

Any suggestions ?
numlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2005, 22:23   #2  |  Link
Wilbert

Use DSS (remove subtitles if necessary).
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 07:38   #3  |  Link
Nazo

If you don't mind my asking, isn't there any hope of an actual direct support for Matroska (and preferably OGG Media too, though I know it's no longer officially supported)? It'd be pretty handy to have built in abilities to handle the streams and to not have to rely on one of the least reliable plugins out there (ok, not the plugin's fault, it's directshow's fault for being so unreliable.)
Old 15th March 2006, 09:59   #4  |  Link
lamer_de

Will be possible with avisynth 3.0 iirc, but it's impossible with the current versions. There are threads about this (which I'm too lazy to look up atm) if you want to know more/for sure.

CU,
lamer_de
lamer_de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2006, 16:13   #5  |  Link
Nazo

I'll take your word for it. Sounds like something to look forwards to. Actually, I had no idea that there were some changes big enough planned for there to be an Avisynth 3.0 in the works already.
Old 15th March 2006, 18:13   #6  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
I'll take your word for it. Sounds like something to look forwards to. Actually, I had no idea that there were some changes big enough planned for there to be an Avisynth 3.0 in the works already.
AviSynth v3.0 will (in addition) rely on Gstreamer (in fact that part is already working). It is a complete rewrite of v2.5 though.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2006, 21:14   #7  |  Link
Nazo

Thanks for the info. I like the sound of this GStreamer. But, well, ok, I like the sound of ANYTHING that means less reliance on something as unreliable as DirectShow... I can't wait to see how AVISynth 3.0 comes out.