Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 11th February 2005, 18:33   #21  |  Link
Angelus

Ok I was just making sure because whenever I start an encoding job, the CCERoba icon flashes between and X and its symbol, which I thought to mean that it was paused. And when I right clicked it said "script paused". So is it normal for CCERoba to flash between the X and its icon when it's working? If so then forget my ignorance. Thanks

Edit: I take that back now, it seems CCERoba is working correctly now. The only problem I have is that I can't get the result to compile using the Scenarist Script created by Scenaid. It seems that all the titles that were encoded arent the ones that the script is pointing to when it imports the files. This is a sample of the error's im getting:

Error Language name is not specified in VideoManager
Error Aspect Ratio<16:9> in this PGC<VTS1_Title_PGC1> is different from the one<Unknown Aspect Ratio> in Title:<VTS1_Title1> VTS:<VTS_1>
Error Aspect Ratio<16:9> in this PGC<VTS2_Title_PGC1> is different from the one<Unknown Aspect Ratio> in Title:<VTS2_Title1> VTS:<VTS_2>
Error Aspect Ratio<16:9> in this PGC<VTS3_Title_PGC1> is different from the one<Unknown Aspect Ratio> in Title:<VTS3_Title1> VTS:<VTS_3>
Error Aspect Ratio<16:9> in this PGC<VTS4_Title_PGC1> is different from the one<Unknown Aspect Ratio> in Title:<VTS4_Title1> VTS:<VTS_4>
Error Aspect Ratio<16:9> in this PGC<VTS6_Title_PGC1> is different from the one<Unknown Aspect Ratio> in Title:<VTS6_Title1> VTS:<VTS_6>

And the only VTS's that I've encoded are 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10. I have Scenaid set to automatically import if the assests are already encoded, and when I try to have Scenaid do this, it opens up BatchCCEWS rather than Scenarist...I guess meaning it doesn't find the encoded assets in the folders. Perhaps a different naming convention? I'm not sure... Thanks

Last edited by Angelus; 11th February 2005 at 21:33.
Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 14:52   #22  |  Link
muppets

First of all: Thanks Trahald for coding this application!
I've tried to encode an interlaced video with both CCE Multipass and CCERoba but it seems that it doesn't matter to BatchEncodeM2V if "Progressive" is checked or not. In every *.ecl file so far it says "progressive=1"
Another thing i was wondering about: When using CCERoba, there is a *.temp.AVS.ecl file created but not used by CCE, only cceroba_opv.ecl is used. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

edit: in addition to create a *.vaf file there's also created a *.mpv file (that's way bigger than the desired size) in CCERoba's first run. I haven't seen that with BatchCCEWS, so i was wondering again, if that is the correct behavior of the program?

edit2: please ignore my first edit
Thanks muppets

Last edited by muppets; 15th February 2005 at 15:40.
muppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 18:42   #23  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

muppets and angelus.. can you please send the log (they are in the install directory) i'll pm you the address

muppets.. interlace error is my fault. fixed in the next version.

angelus.. well.. when pulldown is used (for p/s) it renames the file to .mpv.m2v (same as when pulldown is used to change framerate to 29.97).. since scenaid isnt expecting it that could be an issue. i already corrected that in my version a few days ago. i think i'll release it today although i havent tested it as much as i normally do.

as far as how cceroba works file wise.. it makes its own .ecl from my .ecl and makes sample files until it figures out the correct 'q'. then it makes an ecl that it will use for the final encode. then creates the mpv/vaf at the same time. if mpv is not within size limits then it does a regular sizing pass using the vaf file.
Old 15th February 2005, 19:22   #24  |  Link
Angelus

@Trahold

I actually did finally get the project to work in Scenarist, all thought im not sure what I did I'm pretty sure it was a problem with Scenaid rather than BatchEncodeM2V. I think I ran Scenaid a couple times, and on like the 3rd time when I tried importing, it worked fine. I was trying to think about what I could have done but I have no clue.

As for the whole naming convention I think it is correct. Somehow Scenaid (or my directory) got messed up and it would launch BatchCCEWS rather than Scenarist. And in Scenarist it does import the right assets that were encoded with your program, I just think it makes the file names uppercase when it displays them. Sorry for any confusion I caused. But thanks for your nifty little app, so far it's been great!
Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 19:27   #25  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

New version posted 0007 alpha. change list in top post.
Old 15th February 2005, 19:33   #26  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

@angelus

ahh.. cool.. hehe.. well future versions of scenaid will have option to launch batchupdate.
Old 15th February 2005, 21:23   #27  |  Link
Nevs5

very nice program Trahald

just a little confused still, not sure if this has to do with the pan&scan. but the new version still does not check off pulldown like batchccews does, not sure if it should. i load the ccedata.txt into batchccews and pulldown is check for most of them. then i load ccedata into your program and i get some that are check with pulldown and some that are not. not sure if it's a bug or if batchccews is wrong.

thanks
Old 15th February 2005, 21:39   #28  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

BatchCCEWS did a pulldown internally which is probably the switch you see

BatchEncodeM2v uses trahald's version of pulldown.. there is no flag in it (that I'm aware of) - it just does it if you encoded an asset at 23.976

what your seeing is probably just a visual thing
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2005, 21:43   #29  |  Link
muppets

@Trahald: I sent you the log as requested. Just out of curiosity, is any valuable information for you in there?

muppets
muppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2005, 14:14   #30  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

@muppets
absolutely none.. lol.. i have to fix that.. i kinda thought i did some things that i must not have gotten to . but really.. rereading your post the main issue was resolved by the new version.. the progressive part of ecl creation was wrong.

nevs5 - easy way to check.. just get virtual dub or some derivitive and load each .avs in the cce_data. check the file information in the file menu. if the framerate is 23.976 then pulldown should be checked. if the framerate is 29.97 then it should not.
Old 16th February 2005, 14:18   #31  |  Link
Nevs5

k, i will check it out.

little addition if possible:
if you could add an option to run cce at low priority and minimize to tray. there just cosmetic addons so no big deal
Old 16th February 2005, 14:35   #32  |  Link
Nevs5

hey Trahald

i just check out what you said. now if it is 23.976 pulldown should be executed right? if so in your program should the pulldown box be checked off or is it done with out us knowing?

cause i am doing a rip that virtual dub is say that all my avs in ccedata are 23.976 but, then i look at your program and see if only 1 of the avs has the pulldown check next to it. there might be more to this that i don't know, i am just want to make sure that it's not a bug.

Last edited by Nevs5; 16th February 2005 at 14:48.
Nevs5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2005, 14:35   #33  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

Quote:
if you could add an option to run cce at low priority and minimize to tray. there just cosmetic addons so no big deal
sure

Last edited by Trahald; 16th February 2005 at 14:39.
Trahald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2005, 19:44   #34  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevs5
hey Trahald

i just check out what you said. now if it is 23.976 pulldown should be executed right? if so in your program should the pulldown box be checked off or is it done with out us knowing?

cause i am doing a rip that virtual dub is say that all my avs in ccedata are 23.976 but, then i look at your program and see if only 1 of the avs has the pulldown check next to it. there might be more to this that i don't know, i am just want to make sure that it's not a bug.
ok.. Seems that because i never use decomb (i leave things interlaced) i didnt realize the avi info sends the framerate different when decimate is used. (as compared to straight 23.976 FILM .) so i updated it to get the frame rate the right way so it works now. will be fixed in next version

Last edited by Trahald; 17th February 2005 at 19:47.
Trahald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2005, 19:58   #35  |  Link
Nevs5

thanks.. i am getting the wrong size file of my mpv but i think it will be fixed when the pulldown is fix cause the one file that had pulldown check off was the right size
Old 18th February 2005, 20:29   #36  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevs5
thanks.. i am getting the wrong size file of my mpv but i think it will be fixed when the pulldown is fix cause the one file that had pulldown check off was the right size
ok 0008 is up. should fix the issue
Old 23rd February 2005, 14:29   #37  |  Link
Nevs5

seem to be working great now thanks for the fix

another add-on: if you can add a priview of what the size of the new m2v file would be.
Old 25th February 2005, 04:57   #38  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

sure.. added to todo
Old 26th February 2005, 22:54   #39  |  Link
trigger638

This is very very interesting and definatly needs some answers. I have been working on a very complex title. The only way to properly do it is by demuxing by cell id. The title is seamlessly branched, and as you know when you demux by cell id you have to set the seamless/non-seamless flags in scenarist manually. Fortunatly it is pretty obvious what is seamless and what is not.

Most of my assets were causing errors (uneven number of fields) when seamlessly connected. This can be corrected by chopping a few frames off the asset until the compile stops failing. Unfortunatly when this is done is causes a pause in playback on a settop player between the cells that were altered. I was using doitfast4u followed by batchccews to get my assets.

I did a bunch of research, at first concentrating on GOP as the possible cause of the scenarist errors. That basically got me no results. There was no doubt that somewhere after doitfast4u finished and the completion of batchccews was the problem.

I found your new tool here and had read that you had done some work with the pulldown utility. I loaded the cce data file into your tool and ran one of the problem cells. I ran a quick recompile using assets before and after the reencoded cell in the exact same config that was previously causing uneven number of fields errors. Much to my surprise the error no longer exsisted.

I will be running a full reencode using your tool tonight to see if I will get the same results with the remaining problem cells, but I suspect that I will not see that error again.

If it is possible could you please try and explain why your tool is not producing this error while batchccews appears to?

Regaurdless of your answer to my question it appears you may have solved a very common and serious problem with prepaired assets. Well done.

Thanks in advance.
trigger638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2005, 03:50   #40  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

The answer to that question dives into the core of how pulldown functions...

put simply, every 4 original frames = 5 new frames... and can be done in a 2_3 or 3_2 pulldown
2_3 : AA BB CC DD = AA BB BC CD DD
3_2 : AA BB CC DD = AA AB BC CC DD

now that'sa complete cycle.. now what happes though if you don't have 4 originally.. what if you end up w/ 1,2 or 3.. that's where your .5 frame errors come in...

put simply. here is a grid on what it looks like
Top = original fields(2fields = 1 frame)
Next is pulldown method, what the resulting file looks like, what scenaristsees

Code:
AA
3:2 AA Ax (1) - AA - final field is dropped in Scenarist
2:3 AA    (1) - AA - Ok as Is

AA BB
3:2 AA AB Bx (3) - AA BB Bx - final field is filled in, in scenarist
2:3 AA BB Bx (2) - AA BB - final field is dropped in scenarist

AA BB CC
3:2 AA AB BC CC (4) - AA AB BC CC - Ok as is
2:3 AA BB BC Cx (4) - AA BB BC Cx - final field is filled in

AA BB CC DD
3:2 AA AB BC CC DD (5) - AA AB BC CC DD - Ok as Is
2:3 AA BB BC CD DD (5) - AA BB BC CD DD - Ok as Is
If you notice, there are places that there is an "x" - this is an odd field or, .5 frames - in the example of a 3_2 pulldown w/1extra frame, scenarist seems to drop that odd field.. butif you tried tomux that.. you'd get .5 frame error.

What BatchEncode does is based off your framecount before pulldown, auto picks the 2_3 or 3_2 pulldown method.. which will elliminate about 90% of the .5 frameerrors (2 leftover is the only problemone)

Hope that helps

BTW.. whatmovie are you working on thatcould POSSIBLE HAVE to bedone by cell demux???
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote