Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 8th April 2008, 22:45   #1141  |  Link
poisondeathray

@duramaximus - you have to convert the blu ray subs

Read this thread for more info
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=124105
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 22:46   #1142  |  Link
Espio

I have a video with AC3 5.1 surround sound that I want to convert, but when I try to convert it RipBot never gets past the "Normalizing Audio..." message. I've converted it to WAV and had the same results. Does whatever program RipBot uses to normalize/encode audio not handle 5.1 audio? Is there a way to merge the channels to 2.0?
Espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 22:58   #1143  |  Link
duramaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
@duramaximus - you have to convert the blu ray subs

Read this thread for more info
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=124105

OK, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
duramaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 23:12   #1144  |  Link
duramaximus

Hurray!!!!

Used tsMuxeR_1.7.4(b), picked the 1st PGS file and clicked demux.

BAM, got me a sup file! LOL

Thanks for everyones help
Old 9th April 2008, 12:54   #1145  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I have a video with AC3 5.1 surround sound that I want to convert, but when I try to convert it RipBot never gets past the "Normalizing Audio..." message. I've converted it to WAV and had the same results. Does whatever program RipBot uses to normalize/encode audio not handle 5.1 audio? Is there a way to merge the channels to 2.0?
How long did you wait? What is your CPU?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 21:47   #1146  |  Link
Espio

I waited probably 20 minutes before aborting. I have an Intel Q6600 @ 2.4GHz. It usually only takes a minute or two, so I knew something was wrong.
Old 9th April 2008, 23:39   #1147  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Did you try to remove audio normalization?
Old 10th April 2008, 20:24   #1148  |  Link
Espio

No, I'll try that.
Old 11th April 2008, 16:44   #1149  |  Link
jtheripper

I have an interesting problem. I took an mkv and converted it to a bluray output. When I try to play it in powerdvd the audio plays but the video is a large purple box. However when I load the .m2ts file into powerdvd it plays perfectly. Any suggestions? Also has anyone had luck playing bluraydvd9 on a samsung bdp1400?
jtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 20:55   #1150  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

What is your final resolution? (Blu-Ray supports only 1920x1080 or 1280x720 resolution)
Old 11th April 2008, 20:59   #1151  |  Link
jtheripper

That miight have been the problem. The mkv file was 1280 X 538. I am reencoding it now using your HD settings which add bars above and below to make it 720. Hopefully that should work. Great program BTW
jtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 00:15   #1152  |  Link
duramaximus

Feature Request

Atak,

Is there anyway possible to add a feature for a single layer BD (25GB)? I see single layer DVD and dual layer dvd just not single layer BD (25gb).

I am not sure how hard that would be but I know that in the next year or so the cost of these type of disk/burners/players are just going to come down in price.

Thanks,

Duramaximus
Old 12th April 2008, 09:33   #1153  |  Link
SparKeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by repdetect2 View Post
Sparkey,

What process are you using to backup your Blu-Ray and strip streams from them? I would love to do this, but haven't quite gotten there yet...
I have gotten it down to using the latest tsMuxeR to strip out the unwanted sound tracks, using only the 5.1 or ac3, not using dts and others because they are too large and will take more away from the video quailty. After this just click on the -output- button "M2TS muxing" and hit the "start muxing". Once the muxing is finished, load the M2TS into RipBot, make sure you have ALL the latest updates to the files/programs used by RipBot, use -2pass-, put a check mark in -Lock Size (mb)- select size 8150 the -save as- -Blu-Ray Disc- select -done- then -start- Once this is all finished load Nero Burning ROM, I'm using version 8, select -DVD-ROM (UDF)- copy the two subdirectories RipBot made called BDMV & CERTIFICATE into the ROOT directory of DVD-DL disc and you are done. You must use a DVD Dual Layer Disc if you are going to select 8150 in RipBot.

Hope this works for ya... so far I have backed up around 15 of our kid's blu-rays to DVD-DL disc and all work perfectly in our home blu-ray payer. Of course you know these types of DVDs will NOT play in a standard DVD player...

Good luck!
SparKeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 10:43   #1154  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I have gotten it down to using the latest tsMuxeR to strip out the unwanted sound tracks, using only the 5.1 or ac3, not using dts and others because they are too large and will take more away from the video quailty.
Why not importing m2ts directly in RipBot? After demuxing you may choose which audio track you want.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:26   #1155  |  Link
SparKeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Why not importing m2ts directly in RipBot? After demuxing you may choose which audio track you want.
First I use AnyDVD&HD to rip the blu-ray to the hard drive, then when I try to add the main .M2TS movie file into RipBot, it will give me a message "Couldn't open input file in HIDE mode! Exiting." almost all the time. However, when I use tsMuxeR first, then I can add the .M2TS file into RipBot with no problems. For example the movies Cars & Sky Captain both gives this message above and some other moives I have tried. So I just got into the habbit of using tsMuxeR first, then RipBot...

SparKeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 12:30   #1156  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Ok. Thanks for info. It seems that TSMuxer fixes something in stream...
Could you open those problematic m2ts directly in DGAVCDec/DGindex and tell what DGAVCDec/DGindex says? (screenshot)

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 12th April 2008 at 12:34.
Old 12th April 2008, 16:29   #1157  |  Link
Warrex

@ Atak_Snajpera

Hi, I have a problem with my m2ts files on the PS3 and you might have some experience with it. Seeking only works for me when I do not use "--aud" in contrast to what you wrote in the changelog of version 1.8.6 of RipBot264:

"fixed: M2TS seeking on PS3 (added --aud switch in encoder command line)"

I know that seeking works when these m2ts files are in a Blu-ray structure but no luck when playing standalone m2ts files. Also tested that with a Simpsons trailer and RipBot 1.9.2. I even remuxed the m2ts of the Blu-Ray output with tsMuxer.

Any idea why seeking does not work on the PS3 2.20 with standalone m2ts files containing a h264 stream created with --aud?

I really like to keep --aud set as it seems to be required in transport streams in general and for Encore, Scenarist, etc. import.
Warrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 16:38   #1158  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I've found solution. In TsMuxer uncheck Continually insert SPS/PPS

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 12th April 2008 at 16:56.
Old 12th April 2008, 18:31   #1159  |  Link
Warrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
I've found solution. In TsMuxer uncheck Continually insert SPS/PPS
Thanks but already tried that. In fact I tried all the combinations concerning the video stream (also using picture timing setting). This does not work for me. Double checked with output form RipBot264. The PS3 still goes to a black screen and does not forward at all.

When not using --aud everything is fine even when leaving both of the video stream options checked. Same is also true for using a file with --aud in a mp4 container.

Last edited by Warrex; 12th April 2008 at 18:40.
Warrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 19:21   #1160  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

It does work! I imported raw .264 file and .ac3 in TSMuxer. Then I unchecked Continually insert SPS/PPS and suddenly seeking started to work.

Edit: I will check later if Blu-Ray structure works without --aud. If Yes I will remove that from command line in next version.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 12th April 2008 at 19:39.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360