Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > PC Hard & Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th June 2003, 10:40   #1  |  Link
anders@dac.se

Prosumer

Im soooooooo sick and tired of my lame, unstable, ugly looking fucking Pinnacle DC10+ SVHS capturing card.

Do any one know a good prosumer capturing card? (im tired of the consumer ones and the pro's are too expensive)

I'm going to use it to convert old SVHS camcord tapes to DVD. So the quility of the capture is highest priority...

/Anders
anders@dac.se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2003, 02:43   #2  |  Link
brashquido

Exactly where I was 12 months ago! I opted for a Canopus EZDV & ADVC50 combo which I'm very happy with. However, despite beeing so far behind the 8 ball performance wise, the DC10+ being a pure Analogue capture device has some nice flexability options, such as configurable image res capture. With DV, it's all 720x576. I've found that Canopus gear also has some compatability problems with most new AMD based systems. The KT400A is the only new chipset I haven't heard cause a lot of trouble with Canopus.

You might also want to consider an ATI All-in-wonder.
brashquido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2003, 04:30   #3  |  Link
int 21h
Still Laughing

If Pinnacle wasn't a money grubbing corporation, and would have just released some decent VFW drivers for 2k/XP, the DC10+ would still be a very decent card. Too bad they opted to take the low road with WDM-only and 'required' upgrades of Studio 7 and Studio 8, just to get those crap drivers.
int 21h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2003, 05:39   #4  |  Link
brashquido

I stayed on Win9X for a long time because of it too. Ultimately it was Pinnacles lack of support, or rather I believe their support staff not been given the support resources they needed to do an effective job that drove me away from Pinnacle. Although there have been a LOT more hardware compatability problems and product restrictions since I've gone with Canopus, I'm still happy with it as their support is quite good.
brashquido is offline   Reply With Quote