Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th January 2012, 00:53   #14041  |  Link
jdobbs

That filename is illegal because it can't be used as a volume label. Why would anybody use a name like that anyway? But even with that said, I don't know why you are posting it as a bug when you haven't found anything at issue. Does it play correctly? I would think so. My guess is that Total Commander is wrong (considering the fact that both files are the exact same length). But even if they don't match -- unless you can tell me what issue there is, I don't see why you're reporting it as a bug. It's entirely possible that TSMUXER made some small change in a header, etc. as a result of the long filename. But unless it causes a problem, I don't know why we're talking about it...

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th January 2012 at 00:57.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 08:42   #14042  |  Link
Locator

hmm... This name for an example. The name as a name, on Internet open spaces meets often. I can put many examples when renaming of folders gives identical at comparing. I always compared and never received distinction. It has happened for the first time. Yes, i consider as an error. Shouldn't change algorithm the code at identical setting. Also shouldn't depend on a name of folders, a location of a source, the carrier and etc. Don't blame Total Commander, it is the faultless program. I repeat once again, "output bluray folder" is played back correctly. However, i thought that you can explain such behavior. Sorry, if that.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/b578fc170205049
P.S. I suppose that anybody never spoke to you about it. But my profession the system administrator... A habit to check and compare the code in blood. Excuse me at my bad english.

Last edited by Locator; 17th January 2012 at 09:24.
Locator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 13:51   #14043  |  Link
[SLiM]D12

Hate to say it but my head hurts from trying to decipher these posts.
Old 17th January 2012, 17:25   #14044  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Yes, i consider as an error.
Well I don't consider it an error, and I'm the one who decides.
Quote:
I repeat once again, "output bluray folder" is played back correctly.
This is why.

Done. End. This is nothing more than an academic discussion and serves no purpose here. If you want to discuss if further you need to start a new thread -- as it clearly isn't a BD-RB bug.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th January 2012 at 17:29.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:49   #14045  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Done. End. This is nothing more than an academic discussion and serves no purpose here.
And it might just be something on Locator's system anyway. I just ran a test, doing 2 rebuilds of ROTPOTA, one with the folder name "RISE_PLANET_OF_THE_APES" and the other with the name "RISE_PLANET_OF_THE_APES_ASD_SDF_DFGD_34_566_XCVXCVX_TYYRYR_5_67_XCVCXVXCV_IUYYHG_5_A_5_7_2_XCV_56". I used the same settings as Locator and compared the results with "Total Commander"; the 2 files were identical.

Bob.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 17:50   #14046  |  Link
Rich86

I am having a problem making a DVD-5 of my "A River Runs Through It" blu-ray. It runs fine through converting subtitles to DVD format, MPLEX runs to 100%, then throws an error message. Ending Log entries follow:
[00:18:22]PHASE ONE complete
[00:18:22]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [00:18:22] Rebuilding stream 00011 [1 of 1]
- [00:18:22] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
- [00:18:23] Converting 2 subtitles to DVD format.
- [00:19:40] Starting MPLEX.
- ERROR in attempt to mux (MPLEX)
[00:22:02] - Failed to REBUILD

The target hard drive has plenty of space available. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything related to BD-RB (I think). When I run "Inspect", it indicates "OK" everywhere except for:
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set incorrectly: [1]. It was [0] the first time I ran inspect, so I thought maybe that was an issue and I made a change. What should this entry be?
Any ideas or suggestions to try are welcome and appreciated.

Update: Tried with and without subtitles being included - no change. Ran same source through Clown-BD - it ran fine, the output looks fine.
Update: Ran a couple additional different BD titles to DVD-5 alternate output with 1 audio and 2 subtitles. All ran fine. Output fine.
Apparently there is something specifically about the "River Runs Through It" BD that BD-RB chokes on? Could the Dolby TrueHD lossless audio track on the source be causing a problem?

Last edited by Rich86; 22nd January 2012 at 07:43.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 17:05   #14047  |  Link
busch42

Not sure if this is the right place, But I just installed BDrebuilder 0.39.07, Then I ran inspect.exe, Which it said ffdshow and avisynth not recommened versions, I downloaded the versions here the one's you recommened, Or since this is a newer version of BDrebuilder should I download the new versions of ffdshow and avisynth?
busch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 18:25   #14048  |  Link
setarip_old

@busch42

Hi!

Use the versions obtained by clicking on the links in Post #1 of this thread...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 19:12   #14049  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by busch42 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place, But I just installed BDrebuilder 0.39.07, Then I ran inspect.exe, Which it said ffdshow and avisynth not recommened versions, I downloaded the versions here the one's you recommened, Or since this is a newer version of BDrebuilder should I download the new versions of ffdshow and avisynth?
No. The versions linked have been tested and are reliable. I have experienced issues with newer versions (new bugs have been introduced). In fact, I recently I updated the recommended HAALI version after local testing -- only to have to reverse it and relink to the older version a few days ago due to trouble reports.

I've been testing a newer release of FFDSHOW for a few weeks now and haven't experienced any issues -- but I'd recommend you stay with the one linked in the first post of this thread until I'm confident the newer one is safe. FFDSHOW gets a lot of version releases and frankly I can't test all of them sufficiently. If you do decide to use a version other than the one linked in the first post -- I will not accept bug reports until you revert and reattempt your encode with that one.

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th January 2012 at 19:18.
Old 19th January 2012, 21:09   #14050  |  Link
Locator

Quote:
Hate to say it but my head hurts from trying to decipher these posts.
Try to write in the Albanian language
Quote:
Well I don't consider it an error, and I'm the one who decides.
It is a pity to me Not seriously...
Quote:
And it might just be something on Locator's system anyway.
No, a problem not in Locator's system, a problem in specific bluray "KungFuPanda2" from Central Eastern Europe original release. Others bluray with any names after process the identical. But it already precedent without the answer.

Last edited by Locator; 19th January 2012 at 21:32.
Locator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 02:36   #14051  |  Link
nick9461

If it plays, then what is the problem?

@Locator
Does it play or does it not play, that is the question.

Last edited by nick9461; 20th January 2012 at 04:38.
nick9461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 03:43   #14052  |  Link
jwjohnson

After reading this ongoing exchange, I'm more incerested in "Will it Blend?". The disk that is.
Back on topic: The program works great for me. I'm quite happy with it and with jdobbs. So much so that I've donated a couple of times. Keep it up.
jwjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 16:36   #14053  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Some questions about INI config file. I have after every updated BD-Rebuilder, copied over my old INI file to keep my settings and then just renamed the version # at top.

This time around I decided to check if anything changed from one version to the next. By going thru the menus and some doc, I was able to figure out why I had some different, but there are some I do not know why I had them set the way I did.

My older INI had AVCHD=0 versus the AVCHD=1 as found in latest version. What is this setting? I could not find details on it on the HIDDENOPTS.TXT

I had these set as well and found there options on the GUI menu, but unsure why I had them set the way I did. Perhaps I read something in forums on using these settings this way. Can you briefly explain what these 2 do. I mainly only do 1080p Blurays so not sure these would even matter except for maybe the bonus features in 480i
DEINTERLACE=0 (From setup menu - Use DEINTERLACER on interlaced sources)
IVTC_PULLDOWN=1 (main menu - IVTC sources with 3:2 pulldown)

Also is there a way to put commented line in INI file that will be ignored? I would like to add a FORCE_NOENCODE=1 that I can comment and uncomment when I want to. Otherwise I am always looking back to HIDDENOPTS.TXT to remember what the option is called.
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 16:50   #14054  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick9461 View Post
@Locator
Does it play or does it not play, that is the question.
...and he already said it plays fine. That's why I'm scratching my head as to why it matters.
Old 20th January 2012, 16:57   #14055  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel View Post
Some questions about INI config file. I have after every updated BD-Rebuilder, copied over my old INI file to keep my settings and then just renamed the version # at top.

This time around I decided to check if anything changed from one version to the next. By going thru the menus and some doc, I was able to figure out why I had some different, but there are some I do not know why I had them set the way I did.

My older INI had AVCHD=0 versus the AVCHD=1 as found in latest version. What is this setting? I could not find details on it on the HIDDENOPTS.TXT

I had these set as well and found there options on the GUI menu, but unsure why I had them set the way I did. Perhaps I read something in forums on using these settings this way. Can you briefly explain what these 2 do. I mainly only do 1080p Blurays so not sure these would even matter except for maybe the bonus features in 480i
DEINTERLACE=0 (From setup menu - Use DEINTERLACER on interlaced sources)
IVTC_PULLDOWN=1 (main menu - IVTC sources with 3:2 pulldown)

Also is there a way to put commented line in INI file that will be ignored? I would like to add a FORCE_NOENCODE=1 that I can comment and uncomment when I want to. Otherwise I am always looking back to HIDDENOPTS.TXT to remember what the option is called.
They aren't listed in HIDDENOPTS because they aren't hidden. They are set explicitly in the program.

AVCHD=1 -- Strict AVCHD. Some players require it for playing BD-5/9

DEINTERLACE=1 -- Turns interlaced into progressive, useful to get rid of annoying comb lines when playing back on a PC. Not necessarily needed for standalone playback. It can "smooth" the source a little.

IVTC_PULLDOWN=1 -- Retains the original FILM picture structure on sources with pulldown. Should normally be kept set. Not setting it will result in hard-telecined output on a telecined source.

I usually comment the INI file by preceding the comment line with a "#" -- but anything will work. Just don't add comments to the same line as the setting.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th January 2012 at 17:03.
Old 20th January 2012, 17:06   #14056  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Quote:
AVCHD=1 -- Strict AVCHD. Some players require it for playing BD-5/9
Thanks, no wonder my Panasonic Bluray player is not playing these BD-9 Bonus features discs I have been creating.

Quote:
Just don't add comments to the same line as the setting.
Not sure I follow since thats what I want to do. For example I want to have in the INI a line like this:

#FORCE_NOENCODE=1

And then just uncomment it when I want BD-Rebuilder to see it.
Will this not work?
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 22:21   #14057  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Thanks, no wonder my Panasonic Bluray player is not playing these BD-9 Bonus features discs I have been creating.
I believe the AVCHD=1--Strict AVCHD is meant for Movie Only, and has no effect on full backups.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 23:15   #14058  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Think i've found a small bug. Just finished doing an alternate output for a miniseries blu-ray to pal DVD-5, the encode went ok but the temp folder was not removed. More specifically, during the remuxing / rebuilding a folder called THE_PILLARS_OF_THE_EARTH_D1 was created, when done with the process the final output folder was created called THE_PILLARS_OF_THE_EARTH_D1_DVD that contained the VOB files. However the now empty THE_PILLARS_OF_THE_EARTH_D1 folder was not deleted. A small glitch in the folder deleting process?
Ch3vr0n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 23:36   #14059  |  Link
busch42

Had a problem backing up killer elite which I bought, Kept coming up x264.exe has stopped working, Finally I got it, Had to go into the BDRebuilder Setup menu and check this option to turn it on:Use X264's internal LAVF for decoding. Now I tried to do main movie only to a dvd-5 but now that's coming up x264.exe has stopped working, Do I have to go back and change = Use X264's internal LAVF for decoding and turn it off?
busch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 01:10   #14060  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

Not sure I follow since thats what I want to do. For example I want to have in the INI a line like this:

#FORCE_NOENCODE=1

And then just uncomment it when I want BD-Rebuilder to see it.
Will this not work?
Yes that would work.