Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 22nd May 2002, 16:18   #21  |  Link
kxy

Quote:
Originally posted by RadicalEd

Anyway still no solution but I did find a cool little bug, I was playing an ogm containing XviD with the ffdshow filter in media player 6.4 and I wanted to restart the video (to see if sven's changes worked) so I clicked open and re-opened the same file while it was still playing, and it caused the video to get all psycho-screwed up, it was pretty cool. The more you re-open, the more screwed it gets. Neat huh? I just checked and this only happens with ffdshow. Okay, well if I cant reply for awhile its because my internet connection is clipped for a few days (i manage to get through every now and then though)
This is off topic, but someone might want to let milan know about it...

I can now produce the same bug with ffdshow, except this time is not with the same video. If I have one video playing then forward it to the next one, by using a play list(or drop the file into the player while one is playing), the image of the file is all screw up. It won't fix it till I reboot, or open the file one by one. I took off the ffdshow, then everything is fine.
kxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2002, 09:16   #22  |  Link
Eric B

I found that my pb with subtitle was caused by SubTitDS.
When I launch my ogm with SubTitDS, WMP6.4 crashs just after opening.
I desinstall SubTitDS, and now the ogm play, but I have no subtitle.
I also have Morgan Stream Switcher, but it can't diplay my subtitles.
Eric B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2002, 11:28   #23  |  Link
raistlin2k

What for do you need Morgan Stream Switcher in OGM?
Audio - & Subtitle- switching is supported by the OGM-Filter itself, thanks to Tobias

Raist
Old 23rd May 2002, 15:34   #24  |  Link
Eric B

Thanks. I've removed Morgan Switcher from my computer and now, the subtitles works. Great !
Eric B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2002, 22:17   #25  |  Link
Mikele

I'm trying to create a OGM file with some srt subtitles muxed in, but I still cannot get them to mux at all. I'm using WinXP, subtitds 1.1.2.2, oggds 0.9.9.1, I've deinstalled Vobsub 2.14 during the process just to be sure that it has nothing to do with this problem and I've tried with Graphedit and Oggmux 0.8.4. There are no errors during the muxing process but the final OGM has no subtitles at all... I don't know what else to try Anybody can help me?
Old 25th May 2002, 10:23   #26  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

an overkill of filters will more often than not cause you serious problems. Here's what you should do: uninstall all these filters (oggds, subtitds, vobsub, morgan stream switcher... basically everything but the video codecs).. then reboot and install only what you need. first install oggds and verify that you can create standard ogms w/o subs.. if that works install the subtitle filter and try subs... when you need vobusub subs install that too.

now.. the trick is finding the right installation order if you need many filters.. I had some problems installing first vobsub, then oggds then subtit.. so I unregistered vobsub, unintsalled the ogg stuff, rebooted and installed it again and then it worked. Now if I need vobsub subs I simply register the dvobsub filter as follows: go to a commandprompt, then type: "regsvr32 dvobsub.ax".. and to unregister it again: "regsvr32 dvobsub.ax /u". That registering/unregistering works for any filter. As for svcd multiple audio tracks may I suggest to use a software dvd player.. then you don't need the morgan stream switcher. And.. you can of course create batchfiles for that registering/unregistering stuff and put shortcuts to them on your desktop to make these (un)registering operations easier.

once again.. having too many filters is bad and the installation order matters. when you have problems uninstall, reinstall only what you need and try different installation orders if something doesn't quite work.
Old 25th May 2002, 10:48   #27  |  Link
jurij

sorry to correct you doom9, but you said:
then type: "regsvr32 dvobsub.ax".. and to unregister it again: "regsvr32 dvobsub.ax".

i would rather say:
then type: "regsvr32 dvobsub.ax".. and to unregister it again: "regsvr32 /u dvobsub.ax".
jurij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2002, 11:12   #28  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

hehe.. after effects of yesterday's party fixed now
Old 25th May 2002, 16:04   #29  |  Link
Mikele

Thanks Doom, I will try that, but if it finally works then subtitds is a really strange filter I've never had to do anything like that and I register and unregister filters all the time. The order in which filters are installed should make a difference only when you're letting DirectShow build a graph automatically, but not when you build it manually with Graphedit or with an app like Oggmux or Zoom Player.
Old 28th May 2002, 11:00   #30  |  Link
hulkenstrong

just to try to help i have posted before on almost the exact same problem..muxin goes fine but no subtitles showing in the final movie. so how did i fix it? well i installed subtitlestudio opened the *.srt file that I had made earlier whit subbriper and then chozed to save it again as a *.srt but whit a diferent name muxed the new file in my *ogm and voila the subbs showed upp now i dont know if this was/are a bug in my comp but that solved it so give it a go and hope it works.(maybe a bug in subripper/ogsubfiler/mycomp who knows)
hulkenstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 11:51   #31  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

@hulkenstrong: Have you compared the two .srt files? I start to suspect something simple, like 'doesnt work when first line is empty' or 'does work only if last line is empty'.
Belgabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2002, 12:23   #32  |  Link
hulkenstrong

no sorry didnt compare and have switched to vobsub was better for me.
Old 29th May 2002, 00:30   #33  |  Link
Mikele

hulkenstrong:
THANK YOU! IT WORKS! It's really strange, my original SRT looks just like the new one, but the new one works.
Old 29th May 2002, 09:30   #34  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

@Mikele: plz, be so nice and compare the files. this might be the solution to the mystery (Perhaps use simple win9x fc with ascii and binary compare).

Regards
Belgabor
Old 29th May 2002, 09:43   #35  |  Link
hulkenstrong

maybe time to put my solution under some serious testing so this can be avoided in the future and maybe inlcude this fix in some FAQ or guide. glad it worked
Old 29th May 2002, 20:12   #36  |  Link
Mikele

Original File = 687 bytes.
New File = 735 bytes.

Both files are identical, even if I compare them with a hex editor, but the one that works is some bytes larger than the original. This is really weird or there's something really stupid that I'm missing...
Old 1st June 2002, 08:09   #37  |  Link
d_dave

just another confirmation... i had the same problem w/ muxing srt files create w/ subrip into an OGG package. this was partially fixed when i re-saved the srt file via Subtitle Studio, as someone had suggested. The subtitles show when the final OGG file is rendered using Graphedit. The resulting file created by Subtitle Studio strips the X & Y coordinates from the original srt file. After muxing the AVI and the new srt file, i get subtitles for the first 3.5minutes of the OGG, no subtitles after those 3.5minutes. strange.

Last edited by d_dave; 1st June 2002 at 12:15.
d_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2002, 16:12   #38  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikele
Original File = 687 bytes.
New File = 735 bytes.

Both files are identical, even if I compare them with a hex editor, but the one that works is some bytes larger than the original. This is really weird or there's something really stupid that I'm missing...
This to my knowlege is impossible. Could you please send me both files? (see pm) Perhaps I can spot the diffrence.

Regards
Belgabor
Old 13th June 2002, 04:43   #39  |  Link
Mikele

Just click on the links
Old 13th June 2002, 07:48   #40  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel