Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 30th January 2009, 13:56   #21  |  Link
TiVoMad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Chen View Post

For any HD audio format "supported" means that core audio is extracted and placed to MKV. So for any HD audio MKV will contain regular 5.1 audio, either AC3 or DTS. Currently there is no way to put HD audio into MKV and no player will play it.
Hi Mike,
What a lot of us have been doing using the 'manual' method is to convert the hi-def audio formats to FLAC. A PC with something like MadFlac installed will happily play back the full bandwidth audio and it can be sent via HDMI as 7.1 PCM. It would be very cool if you added that 'feature' at a later date.

Also, I think the MKV container's latest spec. does allow the HD Audio formats although as you say, nothing will play them (yet). FFDSHOW has some beta support for the new audio but I don't think it works too well at the moment.

Anyway, great program. Well Done.

TiVo.
TiVoMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 23:18   #22  |  Link
setarip_old

@Mike Chen

I just used MakeMKV to rip the "Ratatouille" BluRay disc. It brought to firsthand light for me, a suggestion I made in an earlier post to this thread, to wit:

It seems to me that, in order to be a meaningful ripping/converting progam regarding BluRay discs, MakeMKV would have to include the ability to interpret playlists or whatever the controlling files are in determining the proper sequential playback of "titles" that comprise the movie.

From what I've been able to cull out from the more than 20 "Titles" ripped by MakeMKV, including SOME (but not all) apparently joined "Titles" that are parts of the "movie only", there are anywhere from 8 to 15 non-sequential "Titles" that are parts of the actual movie.

Also, rather than MakeMKV generating simple sequential "Title" numbers based on "Titles" checkmarked by the user, I think it may be more meaningful to use clip numbers or playlist numbers instead...

(Until such time as such a feature is added to MakeMKV, is there anyone who knows how I can determine (Other than visually) the correct sequence of the ripped "Titles" and their individual filesizes that comprise the "Ratatouille BluRay disc?)

**Additional request** - It would be extremely beneficial if MakeMKV would show the "Title" numbers next to each "Title" in the second generated window.

Last edited by setarip_old; 3rd February 2009 at 00:38. Reason: Additional info
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 23:55   #23  |  Link
jj666

Hello setarip_old, if you use EAC3TO and point it at the root directory of your bluray disk via the command line, it will show you all the playlists with the respect .M2TS numbers it will join.

Cheers,

-jj-
jj666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 00:10   #24  |  Link
setarip_old

@jj666

Hi!

Thanks for the info ;>}

Old 3rd February 2009, 09:51   #25  |  Link
Mike Chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post

Does this fix include the abiltiy to deal with, as previously discussed, HD-DVDs using VC-1?
Not yet...

Quote:
I just used MakeMKV to rip the "Ratatouille" BluRay disc...
Thank you Setarip,we know the problem, it's program limitation that it doesn't work with playlists by now, but we are working on that issue. So please wait for the new build.
Mike Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 11:43   #26  |  Link
Mike Chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMad View Post
Hi Mike,
What a lot of us have been doing using the 'manual' method is to convert the hi-def audio formats to FLAC. A PC with something like MadFlac installed will happily play back the full bandwidth audio and it can be sent via HDMI as 7.1 PCM. It would be very cool if you added that 'feature' at a later date.

Also, I think the MKV container's latest spec. does allow the HD Audio formats although as you say, nothing will play them (yet). FFDSHOW has some beta support for the new audio but I don't think it works too well at the moment.

Anyway, great program. Well Done.

TiVo.
TiVo,

Many thanks for the information! That's really great, we will try to add this in the future!
Could you by any chance send me some tutorial of how you do that?
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:27   #27  |  Link
setarip_old

@Mike Chen
Quote:
Thank you Setarip,we know the problem, it's program limitation that it doesn't work with playlists by now, but we are working on that issue. So please wait for the new build.
Thanks for the feedback ;>}
Old 12th February 2009, 05:27   #28  |  Link
setarip_old

@Mike Chen

Regarding updated copy protection on standard DVDs - "MakeMKV" is not capable of ripping the movie title(s) of the just released R1 version of "W" (A Lionsgate release)...
Old 12th February 2009, 13:48   #29  |  Link
kkloster21

@setarip_old

were you able to get the sequence of .m2ts files for Ratatouille from the info jj666 gave you? if not, I have the sequence.
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 19:02   #30  |  Link
setarip_old

@kkloster21

Hi!
Quote:
were you able to get the sequence of .m2ts files for Ratatouille from the info jj666 gave you? if not, I have the sequence.
Yes, I was, thank you for asking and offering - starting with 27 and ending with 65 ;>}
Old 13th February 2009, 11:22   #31  |  Link
Mike Chen

Guys, I would like to give an update. The version 1.3 is now available. It adds support for latest DVD protections (found on various LionsGate discs), support for Blu-ray playlists and chapters and incorporates some other suggestions from this thread. Current AACS keys still work on MKB v12. Please give it a try.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:02   #32  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Hi,

I'm just testing the last beta. Nice job. Now, most of my BD discs are recognized.

However, I've a question concerning HD subtitles. Which player is able to play back those streams with S_HDMV/PGS as CodecID ? It seems that the haali splitter is able to split it but which renderer ? and this specs has been validated by the Matroska Team yet ?
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 14:49   #33  |  Link
kkloster21

@Mike Chen:

Are the AACS keys that you have processing keys? If they are, would you consider sharing them with KenD00 so he can incorporate them into his free and open-source DumpHD software? Linux users like me (and loric i think) can't use your software and i am personally only interested in software that can play blu-ray movies straight from the disc (without ripping them).

we'd really appreciate it! The open-source software community thrives on the generosity, hard work, and cooperation of people like you, KenD00 and Oopho2ei (and countless others who have contributed here).

Last edited by kkloster21; 13th February 2009 at 14:52.
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 21:18   #34  |  Link
setarip_old

@Mike Chen

Hi!

This update sounds impressive ;>}

Does this v.1.3 update now include the ability to deal with, as twice previously discussed, HD-DVDs using VC-1?
Old 14th February 2009, 04:13   #35  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Quote:
Are you saying that this is a "BD+" disc?
X-Files & X-Files 2 == FOX
FOX == BD+
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 19:52   #36  |  Link
cwl7454
Dragon Slayer

@setarip_old

Have been having alot of problems with the Lionsgate productions. On "DisasterMovie", Ripit4Me appears to have correctly processed it evan tho had popup warnings at the end. Playback of file on VLC player started out with pixalation and freezes on opening, it automatically restarted itself and played fine the whole way thru.

AnyDVD to Folder: Seems to have processed ok; total 7.05GB, ran thru DVD Shrink and evan tho I selected Main Movie 0f 2.68 GB while it was processing it appeared to include a lot of interviews after the main movie. Playback of Image was fine, but did include pretty much everything on the DVD.

MakeMKV: After processing dragged largest fileset to decrypting side, while processing showed numerous skipped titles and cells, took 18m 46secs for an output of 13 titles. Playback on VLC player of everything appeared to be fine, but is showing closed caption. Now that I these 13 MKV files how do I get them to an ISO? Am I going to have to buy a converter?

Foxconn P45A-S/Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHZ/Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro/16GB OCZ2VU80016GQ DDR2 800MHZ/Radeon HD 3850 512MB GDDR3 PCIe Crossfire x2
cwl7454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 23:43   #37  |  Link
lchiu7

I'm a bit new to this backing up BD/HD-DVD's via freeware/shareware tools since up till now my goal was to just backup my HD-DVD collection in case my player died and not worry about BD since you can always get a new player (I am using a PS3).

So I have been using AnyDVD trial and it's pretty easy to use. But the trial has ended and rather than spend 79 euros on the tool I started looking at the other tools like dumphd, dumpvid, aacskeys etc. Tried on a couple of titles and they seemed to work. And what made it harder was the fact my LG drive has had its key revoked so had to use PDVD7 which came with the drive and dumpvid to hammer the drive to get the Volume Key (if that's the right term).

Anyway have come across this tool and it looks interesting. But what's not so clear to me is, it says it won't handle BD+. I am entirely sure what the implication of that is. Does that mean it cannot rip a BD title with BD+? If so can you use the BDVM Debugger in standalone mode?

What happens if it's a title with mkbv9 keys so this tool is the only tool (apart from AnyDVD) that can handle it.

Sorry if the questions are a bit simple but some looking around on this forum didn't turn up any obvious answers

Thanks
lchiu7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 02:11   #38  |  Link
setarip_old

@lchiu7

Hi!
Quote:
Does that mean it cannot rip a BD title with BD+?
That's correct...
Old 19th February 2009, 03:01   #39  |  Link
lchiu7

Quote:
@lchiu7

Hi!That's correct...
So are you caught between a rock and a hard place then?

If you have a title with BD+ and mkbv9 you're screwed unless you have AnyDVD? The mkbv9 stops DumpHD and bdvm debugger and BD+ stops MakeMKV?
lchiu7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 03:10   #40  |  Link
setarip_old

@lchiu7

MakeMKV has been improved several times since inception. I wouldn't doubt that dealing with BD+ is one of the items being worked on, although your guess would be as good as mine as to when such an improvement will show up - and whether it will be in the current free beta mode, or when they take the program commercial.

You might want to post your question at the forum at the MakeMKV website.

Or, you could avoid purchasing Fox BluRay discs ;>}