Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 13th September 2002, 22:57   #41  |  Link
Suiryc

Quote:
Originally posted by sherpya
About the divx audio, what are you using to demux the audio?
DirectShow or ACM? (I will look the entire thread maybe I've yet replied to this)
No, I use a "hacked" VirtualDub (if we are talking of the same thing).
I ask this VirtualDub to open the file, and to give me the video and audio stream (so no problem here).
I loop on the number of frames for each stream and give this to my program tools, which then create Packets that are given to the Ogg library which returns Pages I write in the file.

So, normally, I have the real good audio stream in the OGM file, but the stream is then not usable with DirectShow (when I open the file in graphedit it says it couldn't render one of the streams, and of course it is the audio one).

For the chapter thing I should be able to implement that.
Suiryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2002, 00:05   #42  |  Link
Emp3r0r

AC3 Problem

I have an older OGM that has AC3 in it which I created with the old method of muxing with avi first then into the ogm file. I demuxed it to the .avi and the .ac3 and the .ac3 file plays fine in WMP6.4 but when I try to remux it using ogmuxer I get the following error
Code:
G:\Documents and Settings\Jeremy\My Documents\My Movies>ogmuxer -o matrix.ogm matrix.ac3
OGMuxer v0.9a2 - an Ogg Media File multiplexer
Copyright (C) 2002 Cyrius

Using some of the VirtualDub 1.4.10 reading routines
VirtualDub Copyright (C) 1998-2001 Avery Lee
<http://www.virtualdub.org>

Warnning in parse_args (OGMuxer.cpp) @ 257 : matrix.ac3 is not of a known type,
skipped
does my .ac3 file need a special wav header?

PS: I will try with an .ac3 file created by dvd2avi and see if i get the same error

[update] ok it must be a bummed .ac3 file because the other .ac3 I tried worked fine, i'll try and demux it using graphedit and see if that fixes my problem

Last edited by Emp3r0r; 14th September 2002 at 00:15.
Emp3r0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2002, 02:31   #43  |  Link
sherpya

Quote:
Originally posted by Suiryc

So, normally, I have the real good audio stream in the OGM file, but the stream is then not usable with DirectShow (when I open the file in graphedit it says it couldn't render one of the streams, and of course it is the audio one).
I've wmp9 installed so I'm able to render such audio files, wmp9 installs WMA DMO Decoder, but I'm not able to play wma into ogm (muxed with oggmux, not tried with your muxer)
But remember this is only possible for audio, windows media video stream will connect ONLY to an ASFReader

Quote:
For the chapter thing I should be able to implement that.
This is fine

@Emp3r0r
If you have used nandub to demux ac3 the file now has a "wave" header, even besweet won't work with wave ac3 files.
I've solved it with graphedit:
render the file and connect a "Dump" (is in the audiofilter package) after wave parser, then delete the other (rendering filters)
Press play...
Note: Render of an ac3 file in graphedit don't work if you don't have installed an ac3 decoder filter (in audiofilters package)

Last edited by sherpya; 14th September 2002 at 02:35.
sherpya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2002, 11:01   #44  |  Link
DSPguru
BeSweet Author

Quote:
even besweet won't work with wave ac3 files.
are you sure about it ?
i always thought it handles it correctly...
anyway, you can remove that wav header with BeSplit.. (also mentioned in the 'Audio FAQ' sticky thread)
DSPguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2002, 11:12   #45  |  Link
Koepi

I can verify this, you have to fix the Wav-ac3 with besplit, after that besweet works with it.

Regards,
Koepi
Koepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2002, 12:16   #46  |  Link
Suiryc

Quote:
I've wmp9 installed so I'm able to render such audio files, wmp9 installs WMA DMO Decoder, but I'm not able to play wma into ogm (muxed with oggmux, not tried with your muxer)
No need to try with my muxer, only the version I have here (and not the one I released) can "try" to do that

Quote:
If you have used nandub to demux ac3 the file now has a "wave" header, even besweet won't work with wave ac3 files.
Well if files are not 100% normal (i.e. without any Wave header - so do not demux with VirtualDub/Nandub and then try to mux with my muxer, because this won't wotk : you have to remove the wave header), they won't work.

BTW few months ago I succeeded in encoding Waved AC3 to MP3 using BeSweet :/.
As DSPguru said I think that BeSweet can handle Wave headers on those kinf of files.
Old 14th September 2002, 13:26   #47  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Re: Re: Re: Re: More than one frame per packet

Quote:
So when the first Page/Packet containing text data says it contains 5000 samples (i.e. the subtitle lasts 5 seconds), I was surprised to see that its granulepos was 0 (i.e. the position of the first sample), whereas I would expect it to be 5000 (number of samples in the Page/Packet).
I agree. Although I've made the same mistake (actually I've just tried to emulate the OggDS behaviour and not thought about it all that much) with my Linux tools I'd strongly suggest that you, Tobias, correct your filter's approach. I'd like the OGM files (produced bei either OggDS, the Windows tools or my Linux tools) to be as standards compliant as possible, and at the moment subtitle support is definitely broken.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2002, 16:39   #48  |  Link
Suiryc

Quote:
Originally posted by Mosu
I'd like the OGM files (produced bei either OggDS, the Windows tools or my Linux tools) to be as standards compliant as possible
It's what we all want to do I think

While we are at it, I have a question for both of you (Tobias & Mosu) : what is according to you the granular position of the first sample in a stream? 0 (like in VirtualDub : first frame = frame 0) or 1?
Because with OggDS video & text samples seem to start at granularpos 0 (i.e. first sample = granularpos 0, and so on), but it seems that Vorbis samples (in Ogg files) starts at granularpos 1 (i.e. the first sample in the stream is at granularpos 1 - I think it's like that because every Page's granularpos is an even number, but correct me if I am wrong here).

Presently I assume that it is 0, but every time I make a modification I wonder if it is good or not (because of the Vorbis case).

If anyone knows the answer, please don't leave me in the dark here
Old 14th September 2002, 17:30   #49  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally posted by Suiryc

While we are at it, I have a question for both of you (Tobias & Mosu) : what is according to you the granular position of the first sample in a stream? 0 (like in VirtualDub : first frame = frame 0) or 1?
My current implementation sets it to 1 for the first video frame, because Xiph's documentation clearly states that a page's granulepos (and therefore the packet's granulepos as well) corresponds to the end position.

On the other hand my OGMTools emulate the OggDS behaviour regarding the subtitle's granulepos... The problem is that there are already files that use the 'broken' method, and these would not be displayed correctly if the behaviour was changed. Perhaps Tobias can add an option to switch between the two interpretations while demultiplexing and fix the multiplexing method.

MPlayer, THE movie player for Linux, has only recently got support for subtitles in OGM which emulates the OggDS behaviour as well. But I will submit patches to change that as soon as Tobias indicates that he will do that for his filters.

Tobias, you see, we'd really like you to do that

Old 14th September 2002, 17:48   #50  |  Link
Suiryc

Quote:
Originally posted by Mosu
[B]My current implementation sets it to 1 for the first video frame, because Xiph's documentation clearly states that a page's granulepos (and therefore the packet's granulepos as well) corresponds to the end position
In the beginning I was doing the same (because of the Xiph's documentation too), but then I saw what seem to do OggDS in such cases I changed to the present situation because I thought that even if my tools (try to) comply to the standard, it's of no use if the filter that render the file behave another way ...

Now I think I will come back to the previous behavior (i.e. first sample = granulepos 1).

Thanks

Last edited by Suiryc; 14th September 2002 at 17:52.
Old 14th September 2002, 17:53   #51  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

I know what you mean - that's why I also implemented the subtitle support the way I have. The problem with video and granulepos starting with 1 or 0 however does not pose such a great problem - the video will not be off by that much (I know, 40ms at 25fps, but we start noticing delays at approx. 80ms).

Old 17th September 2002, 13:24   #52  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Just an update. After talking with Tobias I'll be sticking to the current granulepos calculation for subtitle streams and start granulepos values for video streams at 0 for the first frame.

Old 18th September 2002, 13:06   #53  |  Link
Suiryc

OK

I updated my tools according to that also now.
I put those here.

I made updates on the splitter (as sherpya proposed), so now you can :
- throw away chapters belonging to a previous part
- throw away chapters belonging to a next part
- keep the last chapter of the previous part (unless the first of the current part start at the very beginning)
- keep all chapters or any combination of the 3 above

You can also prevent my tool from changing the title of the clip (i.e. prevent it from adding " - Part #" at the end of this title, like it does for the filename).

I think this should be enough for everybody

Last edited by Suiryc; 19th September 2002 at 22:58.
Old 18th September 2002, 19:48   #54  |  Link
Emp3r0r

It's good for me Maybe it is time to start making that GUI i've been dreaming about with an autochapter feature using bn.com like the python libarary.
Old 18th September 2002, 22:37   #55  |  Link
mrgone

wow, cool
these come handy
right what i need now
mrgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2002, 08:38   #56  |  Link
ookzDVD
DVD Rebuilder!

http://membres.lycos.fr/suiryc

hmmm.... I have a problem connection to that site
I hope somebody could provide a mirror. thank you.
ookzDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2002, 17:43   #57  |  Link
Suiryc

Hi, I changed some little things to see if the problem is related to my pages (I hope I am not that bad at coding html pages ) or to the site itself.

I received propositions for mirroring or even hosting my pages so if problems remain you will have to wait till this is done .

Hope other guys are enjoying my little tools

PS : oh I forgot to say I released my sources ...
Old 19th September 2002, 22:56   #58  |  Link
Suiryc

Alright now you will find my tools here : http://cyrius.bunkus.org.

This site is up thanks to Mosu (Moritz Bunkus), so we should all thank him at least twice : first for developing ogmtools (on which I based my tools) and then for being kind enough to host my little tools

Thanks again Mosu

Regards.

Last edited by Suiryc; 19th September 2002 at 23:12.
Old 20th September 2002, 01:56   #59  |  Link
joerg

I just want to thank you, Suiryc, for your great tools! I was desperately looking for a good ogm splitter, when I found your tools, which worked just great. Before I tried to use OggMux for both muxing and splitting and it silently crashed i.e. just terminated itself) when splitting or created unusable files. Furthermore it doesn't adjust the chapter-info for the two parts. So I couldn't use it for splitting - only for muxing. Then I tried Ogg File Cutter which worked basically OK, but didn't allow me to specify a MB-size for splitting - so to find the right cut point prooved to be quite difficult. AFAIK it also doesn't support chapter info adjustment when splitting.
Then I found your OGMCutter - which is just great! Thanks a lot
eclipsedvd: your shell enhancements for the OGMTools won't work for me When I select I want to split files a Window opens for a fraction of a second and closes again immediately. I must admit, though, that I replaced the tools from your package with their latest versions before trying the splitting the first time. Could that be a problem? If you have no idea what might be the problem here: can you at least tell me how to remove the non-working extensions from the context menu?
joerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2002, 08:35   #60  |  Link
Suiryc

Happy to see the tools seem to work

Quote:
Originally posted by joerg
eclipsedvd: your shell enhancements for the OGMTools won't work for me When I select I want to split files a Window opens for a fraction of a second and closes again immediately. I must admit, though, that I replaced the tools from your package with their latest versions before trying the splitting the first time. Could that be a problem? If you have no idea what might be the problem here: can you at least tell me how to remove the non-working extensions from the context menu?
:/
Strange I made only internal changes so all should be OK (even if you replaced the orignal version with the latest one).
Just a stupid question here : you tried the splitting on a file larger than 650MB or 700MB (the two splitting options that are in eclipsedvd enhancement) ? Because I know only 3 ways my splitter stop at the beginning :
1. your ogm is corrupt or something like that (I hope it's not the case
2. the splitting size is too small (i.e. my splitter was unable to cut the file because the size of a part would exceed what you wanted - unlikely to happen except if you precised a really realy small split size, or if there are only one key-frame in your clip, or if there is a bug in my tool ) ... well even for that my splitter first analyse the file so the window should have lasted more time
3. the size of the file already exceeds the splitting size you precised
4. oh there is fourth one : my tool is buggy (very unlikely to happen )

If you still want to remove those extensions here is what you can do :
- open regedit
- go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
- find "ogmfile"
- -> Shell
- remove the "Split" (Split@700MB) and "Split 2" (Split@650MB) keys