Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 3rd January 2006, 23:41   #1001  |  Link
fegul
I don't remember you.

I have the location of DGindex 1.45 listed in the settings, so it should be looking in that directory for the DLL

Also, I tried selecting the default profile, but still got the crash when I hit crop

Also, when I try to preview it, I get a really thin narrow line (like 600x70) even though my video settings are set higher than that, and its just a thin black bar with no video.
Old 4th January 2006, 00:02   #1002  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhead
Shouldn't the TODO be moved to Source Forge tasks so that it's not required to get a CVS update just to see the TODO?
Aye. I think if people posted bug reports up there, it'd help coordinate us aswell. That way someone could take a bugreport and assign it to themselves to stop two or more people trying to fix the same bug.
Mutant_Fruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 01:05   #1003  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

megui-x264-svn.exe compiled using compile.bat x264-svn

This is the output:
Microsoft (R) Visual C# 2005 Compiler version 8.00.50727.42
for Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 2005 Framework version 2.0.50727
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2005. All rights reserved.

Encoder.cs(91,4): warning CS0618: 'System.Threading.Thread.Suspend()' is obsolete: 'Thread.Suspend has been deprecated. Please use other classes in System.Threading, such as Monitor, Mutex, Event, and Semaphore, to synchronize Threads or protect resources. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'
Encoder.cs(98,4): warning CS0618: 'System.Threading.Thread.Resume()' is obsolete: 'Thread.Resume has been deprecated. Please use other classes in System.Threading, such as Monitor, Mutex, Event, and Semaphore, to synchronize Threads or protect resources. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'

Dont know how this affects the compiled .exe so i just report this (it is working as far as i can see)
bob0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 04:52   #1004  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

those are just warning, the bins should work as expected.

CVS update:
0.2.3.1031 (work in progress)
Fixed AVS default profile selection in MeGUISettings.cs
Fixed PSNR checkbox label for Segoe font (Win Vista default) in x264ConfigurationDialog.cs

Last edited by Sharktooth; 4th January 2006 at 05:01.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 05:15   #1005  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

@mutant_fruit: seems some things of your patch have been already integrated... could you re-post your patch for the latest source?

sources: http://www.webalice.it/f.corriga/meg....2.3.1031.1.7z
Old 4th January 2006, 07:12   #1006  |  Link
berrinam

Could Doom9 or Sharktooth or charleski do something about the #cvs.lock file which is preventing non-admin developers from using the password-based CVS?
berrinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 09:01   #1007  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Dont know how this affects the compiled .exe so i just report this (it is working as far as i can see)
It has no effect, it's just a warning. It will be gone when I'm through with my major encoding section revamp that I'm currently working on.. but it'll be a while until everything is merged.

FYI, here are the main points: At this point I have defined an Interface which video encoders need to implement. It outlines all the basic operations I expect every encoder to provide, plus the means to return results (via the well-known StatusUpdate... it might be modified in the process though as it has become more of a hack with each additional functionality that was added). That would allow different video encoders, even non commandline based ones. Then there's a base class for all commandline based video encoders that implements the interface.. so in the end the actual encoder class is rather small and only has to handle stdout and stderr data (the reading is also done in the base encoder class).. so basically separate between errors and progress reports and decide where to put them and keep the status updated. My xvid encraw encoder is currently only 3k and I don't expect much more work.. most of the legwork is done in the base encoder which can be reused for all other encoders (I plan to merge them eventually).

Quote:
Also, when I try to preview it, I get a really thin narrow line (like 600x70) even though my video settings are set higher than that, and its just a thin black bar with no video.
This means there's an error in your AviSynth script. For reasons unkown (so far), if there's an error, the video size reported via VfW doesn't correspond to the video size that script should have.. so you only get to see black, bug if you play the script in a media player, you'll get to see the error.

Quote:
The TO DO list is not up to date
What is missing / requires updates? Somebody else could be in charge of the todo in a post on this board.. being admin ensures that I can always make my own updates.

Bugtracking can be nice on SF if that's the only facility you have, but I think with this forum we have a well established way of handling just that. And I find myself personally very reluctant to post bugs anyplace but where I'm already a member and since most people are not sf members, trying to move everything there might actually reduce the level of feedback we get. It's not the most convenient for us, but for the user I think sticking to the forum is the better option, and it's what is commonly done for softwares that have their home in this place.
Old 4th January 2006, 10:08   #1008  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth
could you re-post your patch for the latest source?
I'll do that later today, when i get back from work.
Mutant_Fruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 10:12   #1009  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

@Doom9: Okay
@Sharktooth: Okay.... and dont forget to update AssemblyInfo.cs
bob0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 10:52   #1010  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
What is missing / requires updates? Somebody else could be in charge of the todo in a post on this board.. being admin ensures that I can always make my own updates.
As both this thread and the main MeGUI thread are very long, and this thread is meant only for developers, perhaps it would be worth having a dedicated feature-request/bug-report thread?

On the topic of long threads, here's a feature request which may have been lost in the midst of everything else:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithmir
Could perhaps the "shutdown when finished" tick box be moved out of the settings onto the queue tab. I keep forgetting to disable it again and will just be doing a simple mux, only for the computer to then shutdown! lol
Finally, the D2V Creator seems to be ignoring whether you have the 'and close' checkbox checked. To fix this, change
Code:
                queueButton.DialogResult = DialogResult.Yes;
in VobinputWindow.checkIndexIO() to
Code:
                queueButton.DialogResult = DialogResult.None;
berrinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 11:08   #1011  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Finally, the D2V Creator seems to be ignoring whether you have the 'and close' checkbox checked. To fix this, change
Hmm.. did somebody break that? I seem to recall that feature working in my latest release build that I used for the codec comparison. Why would the queuebutton need a DR anyway?

And Sharktooth already promised to move the shutdown checkbox.
Old 4th January 2006, 11:14   #1012  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

As far as creating multiple threads go.. I think we need a maintainer for the feature request and bug report thread so that he can start (and then edit) the thread. The first post imho should include approved/discarded feature request and verified bugs respectively. And of course, in the bug thread, it's about whipping people into shape to make proper bugreports (don't forget logs, verify the script works properly, proper configuration, etc)
Old 4th January 2006, 13:49   #1013  |  Link
charleski

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
As I said above: anonymous CVS is a pain, as is making patches. Can I have my developer access back, please, or can I be made an admin? This 'training period' excuse seems quite flimsy to me.
Yeah, I put you back to developer access.
The question is which access method works best: dimzon was having problems with the CVS access, you seem to be having problems with the Patch Tracker. But I think it's best if we use one consistent method. Both do involve a certain amount of training to get used to the system.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 14:05   #1014  |  Link
charleski

Quote:
Originally Posted by fegul
When I use the Avisynth creator and hit prevew after inputing the d2v file, I get a narrow black bar that has no video.
This basically means that there's a problem reading in the d2v file.
I see from your d2v file that you're using an older version of DGMPDEC, which may well be the problem. Upgrade to the latest version (1.4.6 I believe, but Donald Graft is still actively developing DGIndex) and recreate the d2v file. Make sure that there is no dgdecode.dll in your MeGUI directory, it should use the one in the DGIndex dir, which will be updated along with the rest of it.

Last edited by charleski; 4th January 2006 at 14:08.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 16:18   #1015  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

CVS update:
Fixed the D2V creator thing, updated MeGUI version and changelog.

@doom9: i completely forgot about moving the "shutdown" checkbox. However im doing very small changes coz i have not enaugh time (until 7th january) to work on MeGUI... something like 5 mins per day and im still learning

Last edited by Sharktooth; 4th January 2006 at 16:49.
Old 4th January 2006, 16:25   #1016  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
i completely forgot about moving the "shutdown" checkbox.
Well.. it's not a huge change.. if you remove it from the settings dialog, there'll be an error in Form1.cs.. that's the part that needs to be changed for it to work again. And I already put you down for making this change I like breaking bigger things like the whole encoder backend I wonder if I get my new and improved backend to work as I want.. if I do it's really quite beautiful.. and while at it I'll probably introduce an option to keep the entire stdout and stderr output for debugging purposes.
Old 4th January 2006, 17:26   #1017  |  Link
godhead

Quote:
Bugtracking can be nice on SF if that's the only facility you have, but I think with this forum we have a well established way of handling just that. And I find myself personally very reluctant to post bugs anyplace but where I'm already a member and since most people are not sf members, trying to move everything there might actually reduce the level of feedback we get. It's not the most convenient for us, but for the user I think sticking to the forum is the better option, and it's what is commonly done for softwares that have their home in this place.
I guess I'll just have to get used to looking at the newly suggested Request/Bug thread. Unless the maintainer of that thread wants to also make the correct entries in the SF bug tracker. I would volunteer for this, but I'm not sure I have enough time to do this daily as is probably needed.
godhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 17:31   #1018  |  Link
godhead

I'd also like to propose that once the Feature Request/Bug Tracking thread is created, we move this development thread to the Programming and Hacking/Development forum to further seperate the development discussions from the normal user discussions.
godhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 17:37   #1019  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

The previous link to sources was pointing to the wrong file.
... http://www.webalice.it/f.corriga/meg....2.3.1031.4.7z
Old 4th January 2006, 17:40   #1020  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Well.. it's not a huge change.. if you remove it from the settings dialog, there'll be an error in Form1.cs.. that's the part that needs to be changed for it to work again. And I already put you down for making this change
well... it is since it's in "settings"... or i'm just drunk again?

Last edited by Sharktooth; 4th January 2006 at 17:45.

Tags
development, megui, not a help thread