Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 23rd February 2015, 14:24   #741  |  Link
TCmullet

While I am continuing to await SubJunk's full analysis of this problem, I searched on 3 systems and found that my video system (the i5 system w/quad-core--way the fastest system I have and on which I was intending to do all video processing) DOES have the file, as I already said. I also found it in C:\windows\system32 on another system (XP), a tiny Atom 4-core system.

So I have experimentally copied the file from my SVP folder to C:\windows\sysWOW64 and the error message that now comes up is a little different:

SVSmoothFps: unable to init FlowLib [code 0x10000]
instead of
SVSmoothFps: unable to load library given in 'compose'

(I'm not sure why I have an SVP folder; probably leftover from long-ago attempts.)
TCmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:49   #742  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCmullet View Post
So I have experimentally copied the file from my SVP folder to C:\windows\sysWOW64 and the error message that now comes up is a little different:
OpenCl.dll usually comes with the driver of a specific GPU. Copying it from one system to another is a really bad idea.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:53   #743  |  Link
TCmullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
OpenCl.dll usually comes with the driver of a specific GPU. Copying it from one system to another is a really bad idea.
Thanks, Groucho. I'm just trying to redeem time and attempt to go forward a bit, while waiting for SubJunk to reply to all of this.
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:57   #744  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
My system has an OpenCL.dll file in the folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP\
Neither SVP nor the graphics driver install would put that file there.
Edit: I take that back, SVP does install OpenCL.dll.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 23rd February 2015 at 15:15.
Old 23rd February 2015, 18:42   #745  |  Link
TCmullet

My adapter is "Intel HD Graphics". A friend suggested I google. I found Intel's
opencl_runtime_15.1_x64_setup.msi
which alleges to install both 32 and 64 bit versions of openCL.dll for MY builtin Intel graphics adapter.
I installed and rebooted.
I now have OpenCL.dll dated 01/25/2015 in both directories system32 and sysWOW64
Similar error message, but a little different:
SVSmoothFps: unable to init FlowLib [code 0x100FF]

Am greatly hoping we can get OpenCL and InterFrame "GPU=true" to run on this my fastest machine. (Unless the functionality that SubJunk briefly said was needed via GPU=true could be implemented via GPU=false.)

Last edited by TCmullet; 23rd February 2015 at 19:14.
Old 23rd February 2015, 18:48   #746  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Am greatly hoping we can get OpenCL and InterFrame "GPU=true" to run on this my fastest machine. (Unless the functionality that SubJunk briefly said was needed via GPU=true could be implemented via GPU=false.)
I compared GPU true/false and I honestly cannot see a difference. Also, with "gpu=true" it's actually slower! Tested on a i5-2500K and Nvidia GT240.
Old 23rd February 2015, 19:01   #747  |  Link
TCmullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
I compared GPU true/false and I honestly cannot see a difference. Also, with "gpu=true" it's actually slower! Tested on a i5-2500K and Nvidia GT240.
Oh, I tried it on my slow Atom 330 system and it was radically improved! Instead of a double exposure of the leg, it looked more like a single blurry leg!
edit: I was surprised that my 3 pics needed "approval" and a day later are still not visible. If they were, I'd be willing to post 2 more showing the interframe both with and without GPU=true.

It seems like SubJunk has some of his logic on the GPU without any fallback equivalent logic for GPU=false. That's what my gut tells me, but I'll eagerly wait for SubJunk's full explanation.

On my Atom330, it DID run faster, but even so, it is way too slow for my needs. I really gotta get InterFrame to work on my i5 system.

Last edited by TCmullet; 23rd February 2015 at 19:09.
Old 23rd February 2015, 19:18   #748  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

A couple of months back a moderator suggested that the fastest way to get an attachment cleared was to 'Report' your own post, ie
click the little red triangle below your name (EDIT: Avatar) in your post, and tell them that attachment is awaiting approval.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 24th February 2015 at 10:47.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 20:09   #749  |  Link
creaothceann

Or just use imgur.
creaothceann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 20:13   #750  |  Link
TCmullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaothceann View Post
Or just use imgur.
What is "imgur", esp. in this context?
Old 23rd February 2015, 22:10   #751  |  Link
SubJunk

Quote:
But that doesn't make sense. I thought GPU was there only as a means to get extra cpu power in addition to the cores in the main computer, so as to speed up the conversion a bit (like having one additional core). Why would borrowing the processor in the graphics card have anything to do with the logic of Interframe beyond that? And why should it?? (Seems to me it should NOT.)
Video cards are capable of doing types of calculations that CPUs aren't. That's why, for example, they are able to calculate much more complex protein folding tasks in reasonable periods of time.

Quote:
Any way, I tried:
InterFrame(Cores=2,GPU=true)

and it bombs immediately with a VirtualDub message:
Avisynth open failure:
SVSmoothFps: unable to load library given in 'compose' [c:\program files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\svpflow_gpu.dll]
(InterFrame2.avsi, line 156)
(InterFrame2.avsi, line 58)

(then line 6 in my script)

So at the moment I'm not able to see what "great improvement" you are alleging.
This is a known issue with SVP, the thread for it is at http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=46959

Here's a comparison of default mode vs GPU mode on the 11th frame:

Last edited by SubJunk; 23rd February 2015 at 22:38.
SubJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 22:29   #752  |  Link
creaothceann

Quote:
What is "imgur", esp. in this context?
Just google it. It's super easy to use, you can even copy a picture to the clipboard and paste it on the site.
creaothceann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 23:31   #753  |  Link
TCmullet

Yes, SubJunk, frame 11 shows a big difference. I already had seen it as I had managed to migrate to my 1.6ghz Atom330 while waiting to hear from you. Thanks for putting up both 11s for all to see.

Quote:
My adapter is "Intel HD Graphics". A friend suggested I google. I found Intel's
opencl_runtime_15.1_x64_setup.msi
which alleges to install both 32 and 64 bit versions of openCL.dll for MY builtin Intel graphics adapter.
I installed and rebooted.
I now have OpenCL.dll dated 01/25/2015 in both directories system32 and sysWOW64
Similar error message, but a little different:
SVSmoothFps: unable to init FlowLib [code 0x100FF]

I saw where over on SVP forum, you linked to this thread. Were you of the belief that if I had picked the correct .msi from Intel's site, which installs (copies) it's own openCL.dll file to both system folders, that InterFrame:GPU=true should have worked? Does the above err msg ("unable to init FlowLib 0x100FF") mean anything to you?
Old 23rd February 2015, 23:41   #754  |  Link
TCmullet

@Subjunk: I actually thought you were going to tell me to go out and buy an add-on video card. But Intel supposedly has lots of installers for openCL. Here's the link I got it at:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/art...-drivers#win32

I picked the first one that says "15.1" which says "64 bit and 32 bit". Therefore both system folders received the file. But I thought it would be different files. They both have an identical timestamp, so maybe they have code for both versions in the same file.

I wonder if there's some other way to test whether the openCL files I have are good. I never heard of openCL until it comes up in this InterFrame context.
Old 24th February 2015, 01:02   #755  |  Link
SubJunk

I still get the issue myself (I haven't been able to use GPU=true in some contexts for a while) so I don't know of a fix. I've tried OpenCL stuff and it didn't work for me.
Old 24th February 2015, 04:57   #756  |  Link
TCmullet

SubJunk,

Concerning the error message, "SVSmoothFps: unable to init FlowLib [code 0x100FF]", can't you at least tell me what it (or at least the code part) means and perhaps why it doesn't help you (or the SVP boys) to debug this problem?

A parallel question perhaps would be in order. Should I have been able to copy over the openCL.dll from my old SVP folder (2012) and expect it to work? When it didn't (and that Groucho fellow alerted me to the idea that maybe it's tailored to a particular graphics card--the one that installed it), I began to agree with him, and pursued the Intel one for my own chip (Intel HD Graphics is what it's simply called). Of course the openCL from my old SVP folder (which I had forgotten I had) is obviously old (2012).
Old 24th February 2015, 05:19   #757  |  Link
SubJunk

I don't know what that error message means but to me it looks like a generic initialization error, and I'm not sure if locating the correct version of openCL.dll is the right approach.

Edit: In my case, I still have the issue despite having the correct openCL.dll file on my system, so that's probably not the fix.

Last edited by SubJunk; 24th February 2015 at 05:21.
Old 24th February 2015, 07:23   #758  |  Link
Andrey /MAG/
SVP developer

TCmullet,
SubJunk is right. It is message about initialization error.
You don't need to install OpenCL alone. You don't need to copy it from SVP or another location. You just need to install later drivers for you videocard. For HD Graphics you need to go to intel site and download it. Select 32 or 64 bit by your OS ditdepth.

OpenCL.dll in SVP folder is a helper for the last way to determine OpenCL-compatibility to systems without OpenCL installed. It is not OpenCL to work with. SVP don't use it while smoothing. It use system OpenCL installed with graphic drivers.
Andrey /MAG/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 09:42   #759  |  Link
SubJunk

Thanks to Mag's help I have fixed the issue for me - the problem was that MeGUI has a dummy version of OpenCL.dll in one of its folders and it works after deleting that.

Last edited by SubJunk; 24th February 2015 at 09:46.
Old 25th February 2015, 02:59   #760  |  Link
TCmullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey /MAG/ View Post
TCmullet,
SubJunk is right. It is message about initialization error.
You don't need to install OpenCL alone. You don't need to copy it from SVP or another location. You just need to install later drivers for you videocard. For HD Graphics you need to go to intel site and download it. Select 32 or 64 bit by your OS ditdepth.

OpenCL.dll in SVP folder is a helper for the last way to determine OpenCL-compatibility to systems without OpenCL installed. It is not OpenCL to work with. SVP don't use it while smoothing. It use system OpenCL installed with graphic drivers.
Wow, you've given me hope, Mag! Thanks!

But I'm still a hurtin.

I had installed Intel's openCL runtime. (I had picked the one that installs both 32 and 64.) I see now (thanks to you) that I needed to update video adapter driver. I did go to Intel again per your suggestion, but a warning there implied that I should go to mobo mfgr as they may have modified things.

I went to Gigabyte and found VGA driver for my mobo and cpu. (Took quite a bit of searching to confirm that I have the Sandybridge i5 cpu. Gigabyte required that I know that.) The installer simply expanded itself as though I was creating a CD. I ran from what would be the CD's root dir, the "setup.exe" to completion (requiring reboot). One of the folders was "openCL", so I ran that exe next (which did not require reboot). However, the 2 openCL.dlls that I had installed earlier via the openCL-only package from Intel (with file dates 1/25/2015) were still there. Intuition told me that the current Gigabyte-picked driver's openCL installer "saw" the later dates and left both of them there in the two system folders. I unstalled the openCL runtime which did not remove the two 1/25 files. I deleted the 2 copies of openCL.dll manually. Then ran (again) the openCL installer that came with the Gigabyte-approved driver. It DID put 2 new dll files there (system32 and sysWOW64).

Here it gets a little interesting. The 2 prior dlls dated 1/25/2015 were bigger than the 50K dll in the SVP folder (2012), as I recall. But the ones there now (from the Gigabyte approved full driver package) are only 18K and dated 5/15/2012.

And sadly, InterFrame fails again.
SVSmoothFps: unable to init FlowLib [code 0x10000]

Help, please!

Tags
48fps, 60fps, framedoubling, interframe, smooth motion