Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Closed Thread

Old 7th March 2020, 17:13   #1  |  Link
eobard

Help with qtgmc

Hi there! I was worked with qtgmc some month ago and forgot everything about it and lost my qtgmc presets for avisynth, damnit...
What is the best quality deinterlace setting for qtgmc?(maybe some of you can share your presets) I want maximum quality and after that best lossless quality ffmpeg preset, time for render isn't matter.
Old 7th March 2020, 17:21   #2  |  Link
Cary Knoop
Cary Knoop

QTGMC is a great filter but unfortunately, those who designed it did not have a simple "just inject the missing bloody scanlines and leave everything else alone" option.
A combination of SourceMatch=3 and Lossless=2 will take you in the right direction but you still have to remove the pedantic "deinterlacers should do a lot of noise reduction by default" as well.
Old 7th March 2020, 23:38   #3  |  Link
manolito

Come on DG, this has been established here a long time ago:

If you are not a moderator, you can report posts you object to. A moderator will then take the appropriate action.

Since you are no longer a moderator of this forum, please refrain from chastising folks directly for assumed forum rules violations. You have been doing this for some time, and we all know the results. You can moderate your own forum...

Last edited by manolito; 7th March 2020 at 23:55.
Old 8th March 2020, 11:18   #4  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

I must say I don't recall anyone else ever being chastised for passively directing a user to a relevant rule.

That said, I'm not sure eobard's post falls entirely under rule 12. If a filter does or may have an objectively "best" setting then I don't see the harm in asking what it is. He was also specific that he was after quality. If he'd just said "what's the best way to X" without any qualifying criteria, that's more the sort of thing rule 12 seems to be guarding against.
Old 8th March 2020, 13:39   #5  |  Link
manolito

@ videoh

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...68#post1432768

10 year old post by a person you might know...
And AFAIK you now fall under the category "normal user".
Old 9th March 2020, 05:26   #6  |  Link
manono

I agree with wonkey_monkey that anyone can point out rules violations and also that this isn't a black and white case of a rule violation. But, asking 'what's best' in any context is a long-time way to run afoul of the rules.

And so, manolito, I think you should be ashamed of yourself for scolding videoh for pointing out the rules to a relative newcomer. One doesn't have to be a mod to do that. And you, Groucho2004 should know by now that politics are off limits here.
Old 9th March 2020, 10:21   #7  |  Link
manolito

@ manono

Allow me to disagree. Nobody needs a forum where users police each other. The mods and only the mods are the forum police.
Old 9th March 2020, 12:41   #8  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

manolito, the only person doing any "policing" in this thread is you, a non-moderator.

manono actually is a moderator, so you're also trying to tell him how to do his job.
Old 9th March 2020, 21:00   #9  |  Link
manono

Cary Knoop gave eobard some solid pointers in the first reply to his question. So, if it's okay with everyone I'll close this thread. Anyone that wants can PM me if they disagree with the action or anything I wrote.
Closed Thread