Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 24th June 2017, 18:45   #1  |  Link
Trademark

Opening M2TS files with avidemux proxy

I am trying to use Avisynth and eventually proxy it to Avidemux so I can take advantage of a custom QTGMC script that was given to me years back that made my interlaced videos have really good quality.

Sadly, the computer I had the full script on has since died on me, and I'm trying to start from scratch and getting a script to load my videos, so I won't even be able to use the QTGMC script until I can figure out how to load the files in the first place.

The videos are encoded in H264 and are m2ts extensions.

I've been browsing through the Avisynth Wiki and and on the Doom9 forum for the past couple hours, but no luck. I've downloaded the FFMS2 v2.22 plugin I found in the FFmpegsource wiki page and put it into the Avisynth plugin folder, and here is my current script to try and load the video into VirtualDubMod:

FFmpegSource("C:\Users\Owen\Desktop\hdpvr.m2ts")

The error I get in return is 'there is no function named ffmpegsource'

Last edited by Trademark; 25th June 2017 at 05:07.
Trademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 19:03   #2  |  Link
manolito

The latest version on GitHub is v2.23.1, and instead of "FFMpegsource" you need to specify "ffmpegsource2" or "ffms2".

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 19:38   #3  |  Link
stax76

The newest ffms2 is 2.2000 test6 I believe, that's used in staxrip for quite long so it should be reasonable stable, QTGMC is also included for both AviSynth and VapourSynth.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 20:18   #4  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
The newest ffms2 is 2.2000 test6 I believe, that's used in staxrip for quite long so it should be reasonable stable, QTGMC is also included for both AviSynth and VapourSynth.
I think you are mixing up a few things...
ffms2 is 2.2000 test6 is from the "Experimental" fork, it is not even Alpha, so it is far from stable. I have a hard time understanding why some folks are so much obsessed with always using the very latest versions, no matter how buggy they are.

Cheers
manolito
Old 24th June 2017, 20:32   #5  |  Link
Trademark

Thanks guys, adding the 2 did the trick.

Now I get an error message saying it 'couldn't locate decompressor for format yv12 (unknown0. VirtualDub requires a video for windows (vfw) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such those used by Windows Media Payer, are not suitable. Only 'Direct steam copy' is available for this video.'

VirtualDub crashes if I try to play the video after that warning.

Also, when I load this script into avidemux, it needs a demuxer, so I assume I'll have to use something like dgvacindex to separate the audio and video of the file? I vaguely remember having to do that from several years ago.

Last edited by Trademark; 24th June 2017 at 20:37.
Old 24th June 2017, 20:38   #6  |  Link
stax76

@manolito

It's in the stable staxrip release since a month without anybody reporting a issue so it's save to say that it's fairly stable.

@Trademark

I'm rather sure VD has a yv12 decoder built in, there is a filter suit fftryouts or something that was popular before lav filters, it includes all kind of vfw decoders.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 21:20   #7  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
@manolito
It's in the stable staxrip release since a month without anybody reporting a issue so it's save to say that it's fairly stable.
Including an EXPERIMENTAL source filter in a stable release of StaxRip looks a little bit irresponsible to me. I am glad that you are not working for a commercial software company...

Cheers
manolito
Old 24th June 2017, 21:27   #8  |  Link
Trademark

Quote:
@manolito

@Trademark

I'm rather sure VD has a yv12 decoder built in, there is a filter suit fftryouts or something that was popular before lav filters, it includes all kind of vfw decoders.

If it's a VD problem then I can skip that step, since ultimately I will be using avs proxy and avidemux. Using VD was just so I could make sure I got my load file script right.

Now then I will move on to trying to demux the m2ts file into audio and video and get it loaded up in avidemux so I can apply my qtgmc script.
Old 24th June 2017, 21:52   #9  |  Link
Morku

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
ffms2 is 2.2000 test6 is from the "Experimental" fork, it is not even Alpha, so it is far from stable. I have a hard time understanding why some folks are so much obsessed with always using the very latest versions, no matter how buggy they are.
Never have any problem with FFMS2000 test6 with my videofiles and if so, I am aware about the state "test".
I am glad that you are not judging about how we have to use our software and related to your posts here, we would still use Windows XP.
Morku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 22:14   #10  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morku View Post
we would still use Windows XP.
Which would probably be not such a bad thing IMO...
Old 25th June 2017, 14:28   #11  |  Link
Trademark

Ok, I'm having issues getting the video file into avidemux through the proxy now. I've done what the wiki says about .TS files, and I first put it through TSREmux to give me an h264 stream, then put that stream in through DGAVCIndex to give me a .dga file which I put in my script. I also have DGAVCIndex.dll as one of my avisynth plugins.

The test.ts clip I can drag into avidemux without hassle, so there must be something lost along the way with avisynth here.

Here is my script so far:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Avisynth\Plugins\DGAVCDecode.dll")
AVCSource("C:\Users\Owen\Desktop\testremux.dga")

Avidemux just keeps saying it can't find a demuxer for avs proxy.
Old 26th June 2017, 00:37   #12  |  Link
lansing

Have you actually open the avsproxy_gui in the avidemux folder and load the script in there?
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 01:09   #13  |  Link
Trademark

My avidemux didn't come with avsproxy in its folder, so I put the avsproxy that I downloaded separately first in the avidemux folder, then in the avidemux plugins folder, and I still get the same error message.
Old 26th June 2017, 01:42   #14  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
My avidemux didn't come with avsproxy in its folder, so I put the avsproxy that I downloaded separately first in the avidemux folder, then in the avidemux plugins folder, and I still get the same error message.
No no no.
Get the program from its official site, all files are included:
http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 01:57   #15  |  Link
Trademark

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
No no no.
Get the program from its official site, all files are included:
http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/
Wow! Thank you very much. I had downloaded some version off fixounet, but this version works without a problem!