Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th June 2019, 20:05   #28541  |  Link
AmigaFuture
Registered User
 
AmigaFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Within the main Source.
Posts: 835
@ Blurayhd

I haven't been keeping with the thread as Doom9.org is again not sending Emails. BD-RB and associated programs don't mute the audio in movies. This means your program or some other program is getting in the way. I agree with Ch3vr0n, this comes across as a Cinavia protection. But after using DuckDuckGo.com (I don't rely on Goggle at all...), I noticed this: "I have with the Blu-ray copy of 'Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters' crashing after 5 minutes when I was using PowerDVD 14." Are you using that version of PowerDVD? Or any version of PowerDVD?
__________________
Life is not a journey to the grave; but rather to skid out broadside, thoroughly used, torn and warn and loudly proclaim; WOW; What a ride!!! Soon, I'm going to do it AGAiN in different skin!!
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 20:15   #28542  |  Link
MrVideo
Registered User
 
MrVideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi Mrvideo and I want to thank you for helping me so I tell you as you said I donīt doing two pass, so far I know the CRF is just one pass?
CRF is a quality level, I don't think that stops you from doing a 2-pass encode. That said, I doubt that would be the cause of your issues. Doing 2-pass would help with the quality of the encoding.
Quote:
And about the audio track yes I keeping the original audio at least in AC3 (the original is DTS but take more space that I not need and I donīt have the sistem for DTS) like I said I keeping in AC3 with the most biltrate possible that is 640kbps
I misunderstood. I thought the MKV wrapped video had DTS-HD audio. Mentioning it, only confused me. Since the MKV source that you are using has AC3 audio, DTS is no longer in the picture.

I have no clue as to what is going on.
__________________
My Total Eclipse 2017 Photos

Last edited by MrVideo; 8th June 2019 at 20:18.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 20:23   #28543  |  Link
MrVideo
Registered User
 
MrVideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I haven't been keeping with the thread as Doom9.org is again not sending Emails.
I haven't gotten e-mails in years.
Quote:
I agree with Ch3vr0n, this comes across as a Cinavia protection.
Nope, it won't be. The movie is a Paramount release and they didn't use Cinavia.
__________________
My Total Eclipse 2017 Photos
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 20:29   #28544  |  Link
AmigaFuture
Registered User
 
AmigaFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Within the main Source.
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
I haven't gotten e-mails in years.

Nope, it won't be. The movie is a Paramount release and they didn't use Cinavia.
"I agree with Ch3vr0n, this comes across as a Cinavia protection." I was following all that for a while, what Studio is using what - but it got to be too much..among other technologies and people in my life. But I appreciate note. So, Paramount still has class. HAHA! Anyway, that's also why I looked around some more.
__________________
Life is not a journey to the grave; but rather to skid out broadside, thoroughly used, torn and warn and loudly proclaim; WOW; What a ride!!! Soon, I'm going to do it AGAiN in different skin!!
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 22:58   #28545  |  Link
Blurayhd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
@ Blurayhd

I haven't been keeping with the thread as Doom9.org is again not sending Emails. BD-RB and associated programs don't mute the audio in movies. This means your program or some other program is getting in the way. I agree with Ch3vr0n, this comes across as a Cinavia protection. But after using DuckDuckGo.com (I don't rely on Goggle at all...), I noticed this: "I have with the Blu-ray copy of 'Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters' crashing after 5 minutes when I was using PowerDVD 14." Are you using that version of PowerDVD? Or any version of PowerDVD?
@AmigaFuture thank you for helping me but the problem is not only with this movie, I have the same problem with the six movies that I try watch so far

Of course I tried playing in Windows and no problem, problem is playing in my TV but the problem happens only with MKV movies that I convert with BD rebuilder, if I use another tool like Handbrake I donīt have any issues, any problems, nothing that is why Iīm asking for some reazon I get this error, only BD rebuilder
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 23:05   #28546  |  Link
Blurayhd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
CRF is a quality level, I don't think that stops you from doing a 2-pass encode. That said, I doubt that would be the cause of your issues. Doing 2-pass would help with the quality of the encoding.

I misunderstood. I thought the MKV wrapped video had DTS-HD audio. Mentioning it, only confused me. Since the MKV source that you are using has AC3 audio, DTS is no longer in the picture.

I have no clue as to what is going on.
@MrVideo please excuse me my English is not my first like you notice I swear I trying to do my best

About that you said if I undestand well that you īre saying 2-pass is better than CRF for obtain balance between size/quality?

If that is true could tell me how to use some calculator for use and obtain a number for the biltrate?

And so far Iīm using the other tool for encoding in middle time for testing so when I get (I hope) find the problem thanks to you guys with Bd rebulder Iīll use it

Any more ideas dear people I donīt want to disturb you!!
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2019, 15:30   #28547  |  Link
Sharc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
About that you said if I undestand well that you Âīre saying 2-pass is better than CRF for obtain balance between size/quality?

If that is true could tell me how to use some calculator for use and obtain a number for the biltrate?
For the same file size (=same average bitrate) CRF and 2-pass produce very much the same quality, with perhaps the exception of extreme cases.

The problem is that you can't predict the filesize with CRF encodes. You could target the desired filesize with repetitive trial-and-error by changing the CRF and see what you get until you end up with the file size you are happy with.
There exists no calculator for calculating the filesize for a CRF encode. BDRB has however the option to predict the CRF for a desired filesize by running a number of repetitive analyzing steps based on snippets of the source. It's accuracy is normally within +/-10%. It can be worse though depending on the source and the snippets.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2019, 02:10   #28548  |  Link
MrVideo
Registered User
 
MrVideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
If that is true could tell me how to use some calculator for use and obtain a number for the biltrate?
Programs like DVDFab use some kind of internal calculator to figure out the bitrates to use to get the final size of all the pieces of a 50GB BD release to fit on a 25GB disc. JDobbs also performs some kind of calculation to fit what the user wants on a 25GB disc as well.

Me, when I encode for creating MKV wrapped videos, I just use a bitrate. Normally it is 5Mbps. I'll go a high as 8Mbps, depending on the source and what I want the output for. You can go as low as 4Mbps, 2-pass, and probably not see a difference from the original.

Do us a favor and tell us some of the bitrates of the files you want to re-encode by using MediaInfo.
__________________
My Total Eclipse 2017 Photos
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2019, 05:28   #28549  |  Link
AmigaFuture
Registered User
 
AmigaFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Within the main Source.
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
@AmigaFuture thank you for helping me but the problem is not only with this movie, I have the same problem with the six movies that I try watch so far

Of course I tried playing in Windows and no problem, problem is playing in my TV but the problem happens only with MKV movies that I convert with BD rebuilder, if I use another tool like Handbrake I donīt have any issues, any problems, nothing that is why Iīm asking for some reazon I get this error, only BD rebuilder
Shift the SRT file to below the Audio file. As in:

Video
Audio
SRT
..and the rest.

Check that with your TV.
__________________
Life is not a journey to the grave; but rather to skid out broadside, thoroughly used, torn and warn and loudly proclaim; WOW; What a ride!!! Soon, I'm going to do it AGAiN in different skin!!
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 03:13   #28550  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,373
I plan to restart development of BD Rebuilder soon. I stopped for a while in order to concentrate on another project... and donations (which were rare anyway) pretty much dried up. So I decided a couple months ago that I would put it on hold at least until if I got an unsolicited donation (there had only been a couple this year -- and I decided people just weren't that interested anymore). "thefrog" sent me one today, so... I decided to show some gratitude.

The first priority will be UHD. But, frankly, so far my UHD experience (especially using the combination of X265 and TSMUXER) has been pretty frustrating -- so I expect it will be continue to be a major headache and take some time.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th June 2019 at 14:24.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 20:26   #28551  |  Link
Ch3vr0n
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,298
Hah i'm still very much interested. Just don't have the financial power to show it. Still use it frequently on 3D disc mainly. With there was a way to do nvidia hw encoding So for what it's worth, thx for restarting!
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 22:34   #28552  |  Link
slimm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
Just sent a little something.
slimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 02:41   #28553  |  Link
AmigaFuture
Registered User
 
AmigaFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Within the main Source.
Posts: 835
Not interested!?! I use it often! For BDs and MKVs, and once in a great while MP4. I haven't had any real bugs (in a while) with it other than a funky 480i video, which I found later would have been fine had I allowed it to be IVTC'd by BD-RB. I'm a little strapped also at this time. But very, very, VERY much keenly interested in the development. This is a brilliant project. Okay, other than once in a while - when I'm just not thinking about it, I'm reminded to click on the Backup button more than once for it to start. Then I remember I should get a video of it so you can see; because obviously it hasn't happened for you - or others. But not much interests...Paaaah...Huuumph! I cannot agree that that statement, Sir!! ;-)
__________________
Life is not a journey to the grave; but rather to skid out broadside, thoroughly used, torn and warn and loudly proclaim; WOW; What a ride!!! Soon, I'm going to do it AGAiN in different skin!!
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 03:09   #28554  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie
Registered User
 
DrinkLyeAndDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I plan to restart development of BD Rebuilder soon. I stopped for a while in order to concentrate on another project... and donations (which were rare anyway) pretty much dried up. So I decided a couple months ago that I would put it on hold at least until if I got an unsolicited donation (there had only been a couple this year -- and I decided people just weren't that interested anymore). "thefrog" sent me one today, so... I decided to show some gratitude...
Glad you brought this up. I thought I had donated more recently. I was wrong and had very much lost track of time.
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 09:26   #28555  |  Link
Fogger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
A donation is done.
Fogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 17:38   #28556  |  Link
musiclover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 106
I am having difficulty in getting a bluray with an aspect ratio of 4:3 converted to 16:9. I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. I thought it was as simple as checking the option in the settings and making a backup. But that didn't work. Do I have to install ffdshow for this? I now have LAVFilters-0.65 installed.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 18:22   #28557  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
I am having difficulty in getting a bluray with an aspect ratio of 4:3 converted to 16:9. I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. I thought it was as simple as checking the option in the settings and making a backup. But that didn't work. Do I have to install ffdshow for this? I now have LAVFilters-0.65 installed.
All you should have to do is check the box in the SETUP dialog. There are tweaks available (like WIDE_OFFSET), but they will work at default values if you don't change them.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2019, 06:48   #28558  |  Link
MrVideo
Registered User
 
MrVideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
I am having difficulty in getting a bluray with an aspect ratio of 4:3 converted to 16:9.
Why would you want to stretch a 4:3 image to 16:9? That ultimately creates "short fat people." Even worse, blow up the image and center cut it.
__________________
My Total Eclipse 2017 Photos
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2019, 09:21   #28559  |  Link
musiclover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
All you should have to do is check the box in the SETUP dialog. There are tweaks available (like WIDE_OFFSET), but they will work at default values if you don't change them.
I think the fault lies in the source. My source has not a "real" 4:3 ratio as such. It just looks like one. It is 16:9 with black borders. I suppose I have to remove these borders first. Is there a hidden option for that? Or can anyone point me in the right direction?
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2019, 14:38   #28560  |  Link
Sharc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
I think the fault lies in the source. My source has not a "real" 4:3 ratio as such. It just looks like one. It is 16:9 with black borders. I suppose I have to remove these borders first. Is there a hidden option for that? Or can anyone point me in the right direction?
What is your source really? Does your 4:3 picture look distored? What is the resolution? Upload a sample so someone can have a look.
Blu-ray has restrictions regarding SAR, DAR and resolution, and adding borders for 16:9 DAR may be mandatory.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.