Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Old 8th June 2003, 17:07   #1  |  Link
hardwork12

Error trying to IVTC

I installed the ripack 28.3 and the codec pack 1.2.

I ripped the movie Die Another Day.

I noticed a tab not there in a previous version I have which was program paths so I located all of the programs. Not sure if I needed to do this. I could not locate the Avisyth so I just checked the "don't test box".
Probably related to the problem. Maybe I did something wrong but the rippack 28.3 does not seem to install Avisynth.

I tried DVD2AVI; Field order none both settings RGB and YUV

When I run GK and do save&encode and select IVTC I get the following error tring to run the compressibility or the preview.

Compressibility error:
" Avysinth open failure:
Telecide: YUY2 data only
C:\program files\gordian knot\lastCompCheck.avs, line22"

Preview error"
" Telecide: YUY2 data only
C:\program files\gordian knot\Preview.avs, line22"

I am guessing that I have a problem in that Avisynth did not install with the rippack 28.3 but not sure how to correct the problem.

Separate Question:

I do not know what the setting in DVD2AVI should be:

Should I use RGB or YUV? PC scale or TV scale? I really have no idea what these effect ultimately.

Thanks ALL
hardwork12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2003, 02:49   #2  |  Link
OBcecado
LuLz

If I'm not wrong in dvd2avi the colorspace is useless once gknot dowsn't use it d2v file is used to get frame number.
When doing compreesibility check edit and delete the lines that are telling gknot where the plugins are (once avisynth 2.52 has plugin autoload), but id that's really needed avisynth's directory is c:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\
About pc or tv scale it's related to the way you're going to watch the video, in pc or in tv.
Hope I've helped.

Stay well.
OBcecado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2003, 10:08   #3  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Re: Error trying to IVTC

Quote:
Originally posted by hardwork12
II am guessing that I have a problem in that Avisynth did not install with the rippack 28.3 but not sure how to correct the problem.
About plugin path: it should point to the root GK directory at the moment...
len0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2003, 23:10   #4  |  Link
hardwork12

len0x:

Thanks for the reply. I set the path to the plugin as c:\Program files\Gordian Knot but I do not see a plugin for avisynth there and still get the following error:

Compressibility error:
" Avysinth open failure:
Telecide: YUY2 data only
C:\program files\gordian knot\lastCompCheck.avs, line23"

When I click OK on the error it tells me "log file not found can not get compressibility value.

I tried a full uninstall of all elements of GK I could find and re-installed same problem. Any ideas. GN has worked perfectly for me and have used many of your previous releases.

I found a folder:

c:\program files\ avisynth 2.5\plugins but there are no files in it. I placed MPEG2dec3.dll as instructed there but then I get an error put decomb.dll into the GN root directory so I put the decomb.dll into the plugin director and now I get the same error as before when I was pointing to the GK root directory. What files should be in the plugin directory? Any ideas? Also there is no plugin folder or avysinth 2.5 folder of any kind in the GK root directory on my system.

EDIT:
Maybe my problem is I am not unistalling the old rippack and codecs as I should. Also I installed the codecs first and then the rippack so maybe I made a mistake here. I remember a post on this but I can't find it. Can this be my problem?

Last edited by hardwork12; 9th June 2003 at 23:21.
Old 9th June 2003, 23:45   #5  |  Link
Jing

I have the same problem. Rolled back to 0.28.2 beta 2 and it works fine. It seems the new version of avisynth in 0.28.3 doesn't work with the included Telecide filter (I haven't tried any other filter though).
Jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2003, 00:26   #6  |  Link
hardwork12

Thanks unfortunately I don't have the beta 2 files anymore. Guess I deleted them. OH well I am sure this problem will be fixed at some point they always are. I always like to use the latest and greatest. I hate to go all the way back to .28 that is all I see available other than .28 beta 3.
Old 10th June 2003, 12:38   #7  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

telecide() is function of decomb.dll. I included version 5 with 0.28.3 where as 0.28.2 used version 4... (so if you find version 4 you can put it GK dir)

have a look here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54456

I need to read that as well, since telecide() seems to be changed a lot...

*Edit*
This explains is actually:
==
"Telecide() in this beta requires YUY2 data. I am working on YV12 support."
==

Last edited by len0x; 10th June 2003 at 12:55.
Old 11th June 2003, 19:09   #8  |  Link
hardwork12

len0x:

This is beyond my understanding as I realy am not familiar with what YUY2 or YV12 has to do with except something to do with Color I think.

Are you saying that you use YV12 so that is why telecide() does not work?

As you stated will the following get my GK working for telecide again:

Quote:
I included version 5 with 0.28.3 where as 0.28.2 used version 4... (so if you find version 4 you can put it GK dir)
Do you mean just overwrite the decomb.dll file?
Old 11th June 2003, 19:48   #9  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Originally posted by hardwork12
Do you mean just overwrite the decomb.dll file?
Yes, exactly.
I'll include old verion with 0.28.5 as well, because it looks like YV12 support for telecide() will take a while...
Old 29th June 2003, 14:59   #10  |  Link
hardwork12

I finally loaded 0.28.5 now the IVTC works and the encoding looks fine. Now another problem.

I set for 2 cd's at 695 each. DIVX 5.

Same movie Die another day 2hr 12 min 28 sec. Set overhead 1xAC3 (bitrate calculator) and set the FPS to 23.976 (IVTC). Also loaded the *.AC3 into audio 1 in the bitrate calculator)Load on compressibility was 89%. Split final into CD's.

Audio set mux only. Checked box "IVTC in AVS > correct frame count" maybe this was incorrect not sure if I should have used this setting. I also had the Credits set to encode at I think 20%.

OK the problem:

When finished I eneded up with three CD'd:

711,583K, 711,684K, 80,028K all three play fine and are correct so the split was fine just the size came out way oversized.

I am going to try Forced frame see if I have the same problem maybe that will help understand. I want to compare the IVTC to the forced frame anyway. EDIT:Ran forced film and This gave me two files 711,582K and 710,886K (fit but seems oversized for the 695 setting).

Thanks for the help

Last edited by hardwork12; 29th June 2003 at 19:13.
Old 30th June 2003, 10:56   #11  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

@hardwork12

I think I know the cause of both your problems.

1) When using IVTC - never set fps manually to 23fps! If you chose to IVTC on save AVS window, then all you have to do is to make sure check box on encode window is set properly - "IVTC in AVS" (and GK automatically will take care of frame rate).

2) Despite the fact that you set CD side to 695Mb, overall size probably still was 1400Mb. Those two settings are independent of each other, so you have to make sure they both synchronized... (originally CD size was just for setting overall size faster, but now it's also used in splitting)
Old 30th June 2003, 22:13   #12  |  Link
hardwork12

Thank you

Will try what you recommend I will post what happens but my guess is it will work

EDIT: WORKED GREAT THANKS

Last edited by hardwork12; 2nd July 2003 at 00:08.