Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 1st February 2002, 19:53   #1  |  Link
Derrow

IfoEdit v0.85 (Angle and Tmpg enhancement)

Finaly here's a new Version.

-added: Angles can be removed now with IfoEdit!

-added: New Button: 'Create Tmpg T.'
This will create a template file for the use with TmpgEnc.
It is a .txt file, that will contain the GOP Sequence/Pictures structure of the original movie-vob-files.
So you should be able to transcode a DVD with Tmpg, and it should create a m2v file, with the origianl GOP structure, the could be remuxed with IfoEdit. (This one is beta, please test it).
There might me problems, if a movie containes progressive frames, so we must check this out.

-fixed: small bug in remux-function. Frames has been counted wrong on interlaced movies, what resulted in a stuttering VOB file.
Remux works now for interlaced movies too.

Last edited by Derrow; 4th February 2002 at 11:09.
Derrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2002, 21:31   #2  |  Link
kheops

hi,

this program is really impressive
bravo

+++
kheops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2002, 00:19   #3  |  Link
vwo

Bravo!

Fast work as always, Derrow.

Will be trying it out tonight and report in the morning.
vwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2002, 01:20   #4  |  Link
GlenC

Is there any chance of someone publishing a guide on how to use this feature in conjunction with tmpenc?

Thanks

Glen.
GlenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2002, 03:50   #5  |  Link
Taxidermista

I have loaded VTS_02_0.IFO from "Matrix" and went to VOB Extras window. Angles options (Remove Angles and Keep Angle) are both disabled. How does it work?
Taxidermista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2002, 05:19   #6  |  Link
Chumboy

i'm doing matrix vob_2 now using new ifoedit...i could only check the remove option, the adjust option was grayed out...unselectable.

ifoedit is doing it's thing now...let you know.

ifoedit is done, but can't finger out how to get .txt into TMPGEnc. It seems to want a .mcf file as a template. I tried dragging and dropping the text file everywhere no tmpge, no luck.

derrow?

Last edited by Chumboy; 2nd February 2002 at 05:57.
Chumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2002, 10:20   #7  |  Link
vwo

@Derrow

Hi, Derrow... doing a test run with a couple of smaller .vob's (only 2 files)...
got the .txt file generated by ifoEdit and inputted it into tmpeg - problem! - seems like tmpeg is not letting me add beyond 32735 pictures (the movie that I am using has 36344 - when trying to add beyond this, I get a message that I can't add any more pictures)...

would you know anything about this?

@everybody - anybody knows a work around? is this a restriction of tmpeg? or am I doing something wrong?
vwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2002, 12:21   #8  |  Link
ags

Hi,
same problems that vwo, after waiting a lot TMPG stops, and the same message, in same frame 32735. I tried with more than one movie. Seems to be a limitation of listbox used in TMPG to load the template file.
ags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2002, 14:37   #9  |  Link
MickeyNBK

Has anyone figured out how to just remove the additional angles? I am trying to strip down Father of the Bride 2 (a Touchstone/Buena Vista/Di$ney) title. I have tried selecting "remove angles" and letting it do it's thing but the angles are still there. Since it's a Buena Vista title it has alternate opening and closing credits in English, French and Spanish. Also I think they have all of the extra features imbeded somewhere in the main movie VOB files.
MickeyNBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2002, 20:49   #10  |  Link
GlenC

I have tried the tmpgenc extract and it works fine under xp. Could this be an operating system problem for you guys that are having problems?

Cheers

Glen.
Old 2nd February 2002, 23:45   #11  |  Link
rmtaibo
MB Fan

@ vwo

Maybe your vob file contents 2 mpeg files.

So directshow filters will open only the first part of the vob file in TMPGEnc, so your problem is not related to ifoedit txt file.

Maybe the second part of vob file is a blank screen intro or a company logo presentation (i.e.: disney, warner or dreamworks logo)...

Sometimes I'm unable to use TMPGEnc to encode vobs that contains movie extras like Making of... and other stuff in the same vob.

PD:
Doom9 suggestion: Use DVD2AVI project and load it into TMPGEnc
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15727
rmtaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2002, 08:44   #12  |  Link
Equinoxe

Love your work derrow!!

New version 0.85b works like a charm on multi-angle dvds, removes the unwanted angles and gets the movie onto a dvd-r.. tried with unbreakable and worked fine.. just a matter of clicking remove angles and all was sweet.. thanks again.. going to try out the tmpg later with spykids

Eq
Equinoxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2002, 10:55   #13  |  Link
ags

Yep, I tried under W2k and TMPG worked fined,
now I've another problem, the .m2v file was good but after remuxed,
the movie isn't synchronized, and PowerDVD starts playing in a fast speed!
ags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2002, 00:48   #14  |  Link
GlenC

Hi Derrow,

First things first, thanks for the excellent program, it's getting better all the time.

Now for the question, whats the deal with progressive movies and the new tmpgenc feature, is it a case of setting force film in dvd2avi, then setting the 3:2 pulldown on playback within tmpgenc?

Does IFoEdit report the gop structure as 23.976, or 29.97?

Has anyone tried this new feature with different types of ntsc encoded movies?

Cheers

Glen.
Old 4th February 2002, 11:14   #15  |  Link
Derrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Taxidermista
I have loaded VTS_02_0.IFO from "Matrix" and went to VOB Extras window. Angles options (Remove Angles and Keep Angle) are both disabled. How does it work?
Matrix does not contain angles! I don't know why people came up with the idea, Matrix should have angles. There aren't any, at least not in R2 version.

So, if IfoEdit doesn't find angle-information in the IFO file, then all Angle-options are dissabled, except for 'Remove Angle pointers'.

So if you ripped the DVD with just one Angle, you are still able to remove Angle-pointers out of the VOB files, but of course adjusting them is not possible anymore.
Old 4th February 2002, 11:17   #16  |  Link
Derrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Chumboy

ifoedit is done, but can't finger out how to get .txt into TMPGEnc. It seems to want a .mcf file as a template. I tried dragging and dropping the text file everywhere no tmpge, no luck.

derrow?
The created Template-file, is not the normal 'Template' for Tmpg.

It's a txt-file that must be loaded in Tmpg->Mpeg-Settings->GOP Structure -> Force picture type setting.
Old 4th February 2002, 11:24   #17  |  Link
Derrow

Quote:
Originally posted by GlenC

Now for the question, whats the deal with progressive movies and the new tmpgenc feature, is it a case of setting force film in dvd2avi, then setting the 3:2 pulldown on playback within tmpgenc?
I'll try to explain the proplem I have with progressive movies.

Lets say we have a GOP that sais it has 12 frames. In a normal movie, when I count them, I'll get 12 frames, like:
IPBBPBBPBB...

So I can create this template file for Tmpg as follow:
1,I
2,P
3,B
4,B
5,P
and so on..

But if it has progressive frames and I count them, I'll only get for example 10 frames instead af 12, cause 2 pictures are repeated.
So I am not sure how to produce this txt-file for Tmpg.
We will have to test this out.
Old 4th February 2002, 11:26   #18  |  Link
Derrow

Quote:
Originally posted by vwo
@Derrow

Hi, Derrow... doing a test run with a couple of smaller .vob's (only 2 files)...
got the .txt file generated by ifoEdit and inputted it into tmpeg - problem! - seems like tmpeg is not letting me add beyond 32735 pictures
Damn it. I thought so, this might be a problem.
In that case we could try something else. I'll write only I and P frames into this txt-file, and leave the B-frames away.
That might be a chance.
Old 4th February 2002, 11:52   #19  |  Link
GlenC

Hi Derrow,

I tried to rip american pie 2, which is a progressive movie. I got IfoEdit to dump the tmpgenc text file, and it had x frames. I then used dvd2avi to save the project with force film, this produced an avi with less frames in than ifoedit produced information for.

I did the same movie in dvd2avi again, only to find dvd2avi produced a movie with far more frames in. In both cases none of the I frames matched up to where they should be.

Maybe your idea about only outputing I and P frames will work, who knows, or maybe in you just dump out of the vobs what you see, ignoring the gop stucture. So in your example output the gop as 10 frames and not 12 as expected.

It's just such a pain that tmpgenc takes nearly an hour to import this file.

Doesn't rempeg display all the gop information when it parses a file. If that works correctly, why not compare your output file with the information displayed by rempeg? Would that work?

Glen.

Last edited by GlenC; 4th February 2002 at 11:55.
Old 4th February 2002, 12:42   #20  |  Link
Derrow

I added now the option to the button 'Create Tmpg T.', where you can select which type of frames should be written to the txt-file.

Stupid, I didn't that earlier.
Here you go now m8tes

Last edited by Derrow; 4th February 2002 at 12:49.