Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st February 2004, 18:08   #1  |  Link
juliox

how to use my tv as a monitor ?

heyas all,

Im looking for some info on how to use my tv as a monitor. i found a program for the playstation 2 i was about to buy it but after gameshark bougth it is has alot of bugs so i dint buy it. i tried the tv out but is all mesed up the quality is good but i dont see the full screen i see everithing smaller and it has this big ass black lines like borders. that was long time ago now i have a new video card an ati radeon 9600 im not sure if it will let me move the imagen around, a guy told me his gforce2 lets him do it. if any one knows of ani other way pls let me know !

edit, Wilbert: added appropriate title
/+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Last edited by Wilbert; 1st February 2004 at 20:18.
juliox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2004, 05:01   #2  |  Link
Neo Neko

The radeon will let you change the picture position. In fact the new drivers even have an overscan mode. Right click on the desktop. Select properties. Click the settings tab. Here you can tell Windows to extend the desktop to the monitor if it is hooked up. If you are using the TV as your primary display that is irrelivent though. Make sure your primary display or display 1 is selected. Then click the advanced button. On the new dialog there should be a display tab. Under that you can change the screen position of all displays as well as the width and height as controlled by the adapter. You can also set up keyboard shortcuts to quickly switch modes. Which beats the pants of of getting an Nvidia card and then having to purchase TV-Tool separatly. That is unless things have changed for those stuck with Nvidia cards.
The GIMP - Free raster graphics and photo editing software.
Planeshift - Free 3D MMORPG. Cause everyone needs some fun.
Neo Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2004, 16:11   #3  |  Link
juliox

wow thanks a bunch, idid what you said it dosent play the video in my tv and computer at the same time i have to chose one and the other one gets a black screen in stead of video wich is cool with me as the imagen in my tv is cryspy and colorfull and when i need to read or look for a file i look at my monitor. now i just have one big bvg big big big big big big big huge huge huge huge big big big huge huge huge big big big X 3 +67, question how do you set up the hotckeys? can i have a hotkey to make the tv the prinsipal dysplay ( so video plays there ) and another one to make my monitor the principal display ( so video plays there ) i dont really neeed it but it will be nnice to have so i don have to go form properties to advanced options and blablabla until i get to the screen i want >< ( btw i love ATI CARD i was playing unreal turnament over the net and for the first time on mi life the game said holy shit! when i was chosing my video options ><!!!
/+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
juliox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2004, 00:39   #4  |  Link
Neo Neko

Actually I'll let you in on a secret. All versions of Windows Media Player after 6.4 are worthless. The good news is that Media Player 6.4 is still installed. Go to the run dialog and type in mplayer2. Then open your video. Then drag it to the screen that is the TV. Now get ready for fun! Hit alt-enter. Instead of maximizing to the primary display which Microsoft decided is the best way it maximizes to what ever screen it was on. Better yet get Media Player Classic from http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/ .

To do what you ask turn off the extend desktop option. Select the primary monitor. Click the advanced button and go back to the display tab. Click the power button on the tv display. There should be two blue buttons. The first one sets primary display. The second one sets the secondary display. At this point you can set both displays to be primary by clicking the same button.then click apply. You can also do this to reverse primary and secondary displays. To save these options and bind them to a hot key there is a schemes box at the top of the dialog. Give the scheme a name. then go to the hotkeys box and hit some keys. Then click the save button.
The GIMP - Free raster graphics and photo editing software.
Planeshift - Free 3D MMORPG. Cause everyone needs some fun.
Neo Neko is offline   Reply With Quote