Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 1st September 2010, 13:18   #221  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

Hi,
This is quite important, can you please expose the same sub-types as other existing filters?

For example, after registering the filter, trying to play an AVI file with XVID video and MP3 audio fails using the standard microsoft AVI splitter as the "file source (async)" filter exposes a different sub-type.
This behavior breaks compatibility with players that rely on the filter's sub-type to identify media formats and breaks support for existing filters that rely on these sub-types for the same purpose.
Old 1st September 2010, 19:36   #222  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
Hi,
This is quite important, can you please expose the same sub-types as other existing filters?

For example, after registering the filter, trying to play an AVI file with XVID video and MP3 audio fails using the standard microsoft AVI splitter as the "file source (async)" filter exposes a different sub-type.
This behavior breaks compatibility with players that rely on the filter's sub-type to identify media formats and breaks support for existing filters that rely on these sub-types for the same purpose.
LAVFSplitter is not a replacement for "file source (async)", its a replacement for the AVI Splitter. The big difference being that AVI Splitter relys on the file source to get data, while LAVFSplitter directly reads the files. This is currently required for libavformat to do its magic.

Obviously, trying to use another splitter on top of this will fail.

If a player relys on detecing the subtype of the data being send between source and splitter to detect file type .. well, what a sucky player. Can't help you there right now.
When i get bored some time, i might add the possibility to use a different file source to feed the splitter part, but me being bored, like thats going to happen.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 2nd September 2010 at 06:41.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:12   #223  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground78 View Post
Hi,

I have a file which does not start with LAVFSplitter and I have been try to understand what was going on with the debugging. In fact the first image of the video is displayed then it freezes but the duration counter keeps going.

If I look at stack traces which concern LAVFDShowSplitter I see :

- for CLAVFOutPut Pin Video thread :
Code:
LAVFDShowSplitter.ax!CBaseOutputPin::GetDeliveryBuffer(IMediaSample * * ppSample, __int64 * pStartTime, __int64 * pEndTime, unsigned long dwFlags)  Ligne 2654 + 0x2c octets	C++
02de6c50()	
LAVFDShowSplitter.ax!CLAVFOutputPin::ThreadProc()  Ligne 275 + 0x23 octets	C++
LAVFDShowSplitter.ax!CAMThread::InitialThreadProc(void * pv)  Ligne 123 + 0xe octets	C++
- for CLAVFOutPut Pin Audio thread :
Code:
LAVFDShowSplitter.ax!CBaseOutputPin::GetDeliveryBuffer(IMediaSample * * ppSample, __int64 * pStartTime, __int64 * pEndTime, unsigned long dwFlags)  Ligne 2654 + 0x2c octets	C++
02de7050()	
LAVFDShowSplitter.ax!CAMThread::InitialThreadProc(void * pv)  Ligne 123 + 0xe octets	C++
- demuxer thread seems to sleep(1) because the queue is full.

In fact both Output Pin threads are waiting for "m_pAllocator->GetBuffer(ppSample,pStartTime,pEndTime,dwFlags);" to return but it never does ...

Does somebody have an idea about what could cause this ?

Thanks in advance !
I am still trying to understand this so I compiled a debug version of MPC-HC and here what I got :

- CLAVFOutPut Pin Video thread :
Code:
mpc-hc.exe!CBaseOutputPin::GetDeliveryBuffer(IMediaSample * * ppSample, __int64 * pStartTime, __int64 * pEndTime, unsigned long dwFlags)  Ligne 2654 + 0x2c octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CBaseVideoFilter::GetDeliveryBuffer(int w, int h, IMediaSample * * ppOut)  Ligne 122 + 0x25 octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CMpeg2DecFilter::DeliverFast()  Ligne 593 + 0x25 octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CMpeg2DecFilter::Transform(IMediaSample * pIn)  Ligne 536 + 0x8 octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CBaseVideoFilter::Receive(IMediaSample * pIn)  Ligne 107 + 0x13 octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CTransformInputPin::Receive(IMediaSample * pSample)  Ligne 763 + 0x19 octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CDeCSSInputPin::Receive(IMediaSample * pSample)  Ligne 90 + 0x13 octets	C++
LAVFDShowSplitter.ax!CBaseOutputPin::Deliver(IMediaSample * pSample)  Ligne 2695 + 0x20 octets	C++
LAVFDShowSplitter.ax!CLAVFOutputPin::DeliverPacket(Packet * pPacket)  Ligne 345 + 0x13 octets	C++
- CLAVFOutPut Pin Audio thread :
Code:
mpc-hc.exe!CBaseOutputPin::GetDeliveryBuffer(IMediaSample * * ppSample, __int64 * pStartTime, __int64 * pEndTime, unsigned long dwFlags)  Ligne 2654 + 0x2c octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CStreamSwitcherInputPin::InitializeOutputSample(IMediaSample * pInSample, IMediaSample * * ppOutSample)  Ligne 384 + 0x7f octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CStreamSwitcherInputPin::Receive(IMediaSample * pSample)  Ligne 750 + 0x1e octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CBaseOutputPin::Deliver(IMediaSample * pSample)  Ligne 2695 + 0x20 octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CMpaDecFilter::Deliver(ATL::CAtlArray<float,ATL::CElementTraits<float> > & pBuff, unsigned long nSamplesPerSec, unsigned short nChannels, unsigned long dwChannelMask)  Ligne 1730 + 0x29 octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CMpaDecFilter::ProcessMPA()  Ligne 1597 + 0x23 octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CMpaDecFilter::Receive(IMediaSample * pIn)  Ligne 494 + 0x8 octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CTransformInputPin::Receive(IMediaSample * pSample)  Ligne 763 + 0x19 octets	C++
mpc-hc.exe!CDeCSSInputPin::Receive(IMediaSample * pSample)  Ligne 90 + 0x13 octets	C++
LAVFDShowSplitter.ax!CBaseOutputPin::Deliver(IMediaSample * pSample)  Ligne 2695 + 0x20 octets	C++
LAVFDShowSplitter.ax!CLAVFOutputPin::DeliverPacket(Packet * pPacket)  Ligne 345 + 0x13 octets	C++
It seems that the problem happens after the samples have been decoded but I don't know how to find what happens exactly ...
Underground78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:57   #224  |  Link
Tsukihime

I've just uninstalled Haali and installed LAVFSplitter, then turn Matroska in MPC-HC's internal filters off, but when I play all .mkv files, mpc-hc still use its internal filters as "low merit"
Tsukihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:41   #225  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

nevcairiel:
You misunderstood me.

What I was saying is:
1. When the "LAVFSplitter" is registered, it BREAKS standard graphs that are NOT using LAVFSplitter.
2. When the "LAVFSplitter" is used in a grpah, it exposes sub-types that are not compatible with the sub-types exposed by the standard AVI Splitter.
There's no reason not to expose the same sub-types on the output pins as it breaks compatibility and prevents drop-in replacement.

And the player does not detect the file type by the 'source -> splitter' connection, it uses the sub_type to detect the various audio/video codecs required to play that particular media. If the splitter exposes a different subtype on it's output pin compared to other splitters for the same codec, it creates compatibility issues.
Old 2nd September 2010, 18:58   #226  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
1. When the "LAVFSplitter" is registered, it BREAKS standard graphs that are NOT using LAVFSplitter.
Impossible. If the filter graph does not load a filter, there is no way it can influence it.

Quote:
2. When the "LAVFSplitter" is used in a grpah, it exposes sub-types that are not compatible with the sub-types exposed by the standard AVI Splitter.
There's no reason not to expose the same sub-types on the output pins as it breaks compatibility and prevents drop-in replacement.
On what codec would that be?
And yes, there are reasons for change, for example when the previous "default" was just wrong, i won't stick with it. I don't believe in keeping broken things around just to please other broken software.
Anyhow, without knowing on what kind of file, i can't say if its an error or by design. Since you're talking about AVI, i would assume one of the MPEG-4 ASP variants, which all seem to play fine here, fwiw =)

Last edited by nevcairiel; 2nd September 2010 at 19:12.
Old 2nd September 2010, 20:45   #227  |  Link
hoborg

Hi.
If somebody interested why Cyberlink VC-1 decoder does not work with LAVF - look here.

How to start with Bitcoin

Last edited by hoborg; 2nd September 2010 at 20:48.
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:15   #228  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I wonder if just adding the custom mediatype to VC-1 output would make the cyberlink decoder work.
I'll try to remember to check back on that next week.
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:22   #229  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I wonder if just adding the custom mediatype to VC-1 output would make the cyberlink decoder work.
I'll try to remember to check back on that next week.
I bet it will. If you open m2ts vc-1i sample i sended you in graphstudio using MPC-HC splitter with loader installed, it will connect, but it stutter. Just delete loader from graph and connect splitter directly to Cyberlink decoder - it will connect. Now playback is perfect.

Old 3rd September 2010, 07:12   #230  |  Link
hoborg

BTW, just in theroy, it is possible on splitter level to detect if VC-1 source is:

progresive - then output as {31435657-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
interlaced - then output as {D979F77B-DBEA-4BF6-9E6D-1D7E57FBAD53}

Old 4th September 2010, 13:10   #231  |  Link
VipZ

Hi, I have found two bugs, one in mostly found in SD MP4 and other is OGM files (Does OGM have same level of support as OGG?)

MP4/H264: Many files just don't display the video, also ffdshow doesn't show any video info (Tested same file on ffplay and was fine) I have also remuxed this to MKV and the same issue occurs.

Here is the info from file
Code:
General
Complete name                    : D:\TEST.mp4
Format                           : MPEG-4
Format profile                   : Base Media
Codec ID                         : isom
File size                        : 175 MiB
Duration                         : 22mn 40s
Overall bit rate                 : 1 079 Kbps
Encoded date                     : UTC 2006-07-28 16:11:34
Tagged date                      : UTC 2006-07-28 16:11:34

Video
ID                               : 1
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High@L5.1
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 13 frames
Codec ID                         : avc1
Codec ID/Info                    : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 946 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                 : 4 986 Kbps
Width                            : 640 pixels
Height                           : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 4:3
Frame rate mode                  : Constant
Frame rate                       : 23.976 fps
Color space                      : YUV
Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
Bit depth                        : 8 bits
Scan type                        : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.128
Stream size                      : 153 MiB (88%)
Writing library                  : x264 core 48 svn-537M
Encoding settings                : cabac=1 / ref=10 / deblock=1:-2:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=22 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / slices=1 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=480 / keyint_min=12 / scenecut=50 / rc=2pass / bitrate=946 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=12 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=8 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.30 / pb_ratio=1.35
Language                         : Japanese
Encoded date                     : UTC 2006-07-28 16:11:34
Tagged date                      : UTC 2006-07-28 16:11:57

Audio
ID                               : 2
Format                           : AAC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version                   : Version 4
Format profile                   : LC
Format settings, SBR             : No
Codec ID                         : 40
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 129 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                 : 162 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L R
Sampling rate                    : 44.1 KHz
Stream size                      : 20.9 MiB (12%)
Language                         : Japanese
Encoded date                     : UTC 2006-07-28 16:11:56
Tagged date                      : UTC 2006-07-28 16:11:57

Menu
00:00:00.000                     : Opening
00:01:16.076                     : Part A
00:11:23.308                     : Part B
00:20:54.254                     : Ending
00:22:10.330                     : Preview
OGM: I found most files with multiple audio streams and sub's give a stuttered video playback.

If you need samples let me know.

Thanks
Old 5th September 2010, 06:55   #232  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
BTW, just in theroy, it is possible on splitter level to detect if VC-1 source is:

progresive - then output as {31435657-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
interlaced - then output as {D979F77B-DBEA-4BF6-9E6D-1D7E57FBAD53}
I looked for those flags before, but libavformat doesn't seem to know. Maybe its in the VC-1 format header, but i would have to parse that myself then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipZ View Post
Hi, I have found two bugs, one in mostly found in SD MP4 and other is OGM files (Does OGM have same level of support as OGG?)

MP4/H264: Many files just don't display the video, also ffdshow doesn't show any video info (Tested same file on ffplay and was fine) I have also remuxed this to MKV and the same issue occurs.

OGM: I found most files with multiple audio streams and sub's give a stuttered video playback.

If you need samples let me know.

Thanks
Samples would be useful.
Old 9th September 2010, 16:11   #233  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
MP4/H264: Many files just don't display the video, also ffdshow doesn't show any video info (Tested same file on ffplay and was fine)
Fixed, thanks for the sample. This fix probably affects many AVC1 files, hopefully only in a good way =)

Quote:
I couldn't really reproduce this problem, maybe it was fixed by some other change i did before, please re-test with the next version once its out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
@nevcairiel:
Can you please look on this?

?solution?
Fixed.

I applied a general purpose fix that honors the original FourCC of the container file. I hope this doesn't cause any problems, but if it does, report which files stopped playing now.
This should probably address the issue Blight was addressing, even when worded poorly.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 9th September 2010 at 17:45.
Old 9th September 2010, 19:10   #234  |  Link
BatKnight

nevcairiel, are you going to post a newer version of your splitter or are you already implementing it on MPC-HC?

Thanks

Bat
LAV Filters
BatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 19:17   #235  |  Link
VipZ

Thanks nevcairiel

I also think I found the same bug with the OGM in AVI's with H264, but I will wait and see how things fair when you release new version and report back.
Old 9th September 2010, 20:10   #236  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatKnight View Post
nevcairiel, are you going to post a newer version of your splitter or are you already implementing it on MPC-HC?
Integration in MPC-HC will be quite a while, don't expect it this year. There will be a new version over the weekend, i guess, next week at the latest.

Quote:
I also think I found the same bug with the OGM in AVI's with H264, but I will wait and see how things fair when you release new version and report back.
AVIs with H264? Who does that kind of thing? Is that even possible? I didnt think AVI really liked B-frames.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 9th September 2010 at 20:13.
Old 9th September 2010, 22:02   #237  |  Link
VipZ

Quote:
AVIs with H264? Who does that kind of thing? Is that even possible? I didn't think AVI really liked B-frames.
Its not common, and I haven't seen anything new like this for awhile, but a little while ago people did do this sadly.

If you interested in a sample I will get one up for you.
Old 11th September 2010, 21:40   #238  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
AVIs with H264? Who does that kind of thing? Is that even possible? I didnt think AVI really liked B-frames.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...630#post627630 says:

Quote:

<SNIPP anti-AVI trolling />

In fact, the only h.264 feature that really doesn't fit into AVI is the b-pyramid.

<SNIPP more anti-AVI trolling />
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 19:36   #239  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAVFSplitter 0.9
- Added support for distinguishing hearing impaired subtitles in mpeg-ts streams
- Added BluRay LPCM support
- MP1/MP2 audio media type fixes
- Honor the original FourCC of the file in media type generation
- Added support for using the Cyberlink VC-1 decoder
- Fixed an issue with some H264/AVC1 files that caused video to not play at all
- Fixed unicode in chapter names
- Fixed getting the current chapter

Download: 32-bit & 64-bit

Like you can see, this is mostly a media type and bugfix release. I hope to finally tackle some of the features on my list for 0.10.
I also finally updated my copy of ffmpeg to sync against the main ffmpeg repository, so i can keep it updated more easily.

Please report any regressions, some of the media type changes might cause breakage with some formats and decoders, but hopefully not too many. =)

Btw, the Cyberlink VC-1 decoder works like a charm, i don't even have the async issue i have with the MS decoder.
Old 12th September 2010, 23:16   #240  |  Link
diizzy

First of all, great work highly appreciated!

Issues I've found so far:
VOBs with LPCM doesn't seem to connect to either ffdshow or MPC-HCs decoder
OGM files (with subs haven't tried without) have jerky / stuttering video playback while sound is fine. Works without any issues using MPC-HCs OGG-splitter. (this is reported earlier)
Accepts some MP4 and FLV files, ripped/downloaded files from nicovideo (nico nico douga) doesn't work (both MP4 and FLV) although some MP4 files works. Seems to be rather random...

Here are some samples...

http://projects.pyret.net/dump/lavfsamples/sm583125.flv (doesn't work)
http://projects.pyret.net/dump/lavfs.../sm7910320.mp4 (doesn't work)

And below information regarding LPCM issue

Code:
Media Type 0:
--------------------------
Audio: 0x0000 48000Hz stereo 1536kbps

AM_MEDIA_TYPE: 
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Audio {73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
subtype: Unknown GUID Name {00000000-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
formattype: FORMAT_WaveFormatEx {05589F81-C356-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 256000
cbFormat: 18

WAVEFORMATEX:
wFormatTag: 0x0000
nChannels: 2
nSamplesPerSec: 48000
nAvgBytesPerSec: 192000
nBlockAlign: 4
wBitsPerSample: 16
cbSize: 0 (extra bytes)

pbFormat:
0000: 00 00 02 00 80 bb 00 00 00 ee 02 00 04 00 10 00 ....€»...î......
0010: 00 00                                           ..
Mediainfo

Code:
Audio ID                               : 160 (0xA0)
Format                           : PCM
Format settings, Endianness      : Big
Format settings, Sign            : Signed
Muxing mode                      : DVD-Video
Duration                         : 6mn 0s
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L R
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 16 bits
This is using version 0.9, searching is very fast no matter what file format (container). :-)

Last edited by diizzy; 13th September 2010 at 09:13.
diizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter