Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 2nd March 2018, 14:37   #49361  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-t172 View Post
It's on the releases page. Make sure that the sample rate for your playback device and recording device are the same (as configured in your Windows sound settings).
Thanks, happy to report that FlexAsio is working fine with 391.01

Yes I'm always set to 48Khz for both playback and recording.

FlexAsio has the advantage of labeling the channels, while Asio4all only provides numbers.

The only (minor) downside is the absence of control panel. Do you plan to implement this at some point?

Otherwise I haven't done any in depth testing but there doesn't seem to be any performance downside.

Well done and thanks for your help
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 18:10   #49362  |  Link
e-t172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
The only (minor) downside is the absence of control panel. Do you plan to implement this at some point?
Nah. I just don't have the time nor the motivation I'm afraid. I only wrote FlexASIO for a specific use case I have with REW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
Otherwise I haven't done any in depth testing but there doesn't seem to be any performance downside.
Just keep in mind that FlexASIO is using your audio device in "shared" mode, not exclusive mode (contrary to what all the other virtual ASIO drivers do). That means you're going through the whole windows audio pipeline (mixing etc.), not going directly to the sound card. Depending on what you're trying to achieve, this might matter, or it might not. (It probably doesn't.)

Last edited by e-t172; 2nd March 2018 at 18:13.
e-t172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 23:24   #49363  |  Link
Asmodian

I am using 391.01 with good success. Did you change "Power management mode" to something other than "Optimal power"?
Old 2nd March 2018, 23:48   #49364  |  Link
Asmodian

Sorry, I should have looked at your screenshot.

Your decoding is too slow, is LAV Video set to use hardware acceleration? 4K HEVC is very hard for software decoding.
Old 3rd March 2018, 00:44   #49365  |  Link
ryrynz

Does it happen with all 4K content? Can you confirm your CPU load is high?
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 00:48   #49366  |  Link
brazen1

Try D3D11 with automatic/native and ordered dithering. Also, different sources can require more resources. Not all 4k titles are alike. Are you testing a known to work in the past title or a new one? Lastly, are you sure your Luma, processing, or enhancements are not set too high? Your queues are empty and your rendering stats are through the roof. In the bios of your new MB, did you turn off the Intel GPU and allow your 1050Ti and select it in NVidia control panel?

Last edited by brazen1; 3rd March 2018 at 00:50.
brazen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 01:27   #49367  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippner View Post
yes, all. cpu low gpu high
And the GPU that's high is the 1050Ti? Confirm it.
Old 3rd March 2018, 01:37   #49368  |  Link
ryrynz

At this point for a quick test, I'd rename settings.bin and then reset madVR to defaults and see what happens, you can always rename your settings back if it does nothing.
Also confirming that not only is it 100% load but it's definitely the 1050Ti, make sure you see the name of it.
Old 3rd March 2018, 01:46   #49369  |  Link
ryrynz

At this point I'd stick with 390.77, seems to be less problematic overall based on the things I've seen on the forums, I'll wait for that to mature a little.
Old 3rd March 2018, 02:21   #49370  |  Link
Asmodian

Maybe PCIe settings or the wrong PCIe slot on the motherboard? Memory settings are all OK, no missing DIMMs? It is odd your GPU is maxed while the decoder queue is mostly empty, things seem to be going wrong somewhere in decoding or upload. It could be GPU drivers but I wouldn't assume it as a certainty.
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:21   #49371  |  Link
mytbyte

Why not try EVR to confirm it's a MadVR issue?

Sent from my GM 5 Plus d using Tapatalk
mytbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 12:39   #49372  |  Link
Knight77

I remember someone pointed this out in the past but for what I remember (if I missed something I'm sorry) has not been "solved": with HDR active the subtitles are really too bright, is there any way to have different subs brightness when HDR is active? With normal video the colour and the brightness is fine but with HDR the subs are really unbearable.

EDIT: I found the original discussion

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankov
Since madVR is smart enough to turn on the HDR mode on the TV and get specular highlights in 1000+ nits (well ~500 nits on this OLED TV) while maintaining the rest of the picture at lower levels ... or even much lower in dark scenes ... the rendered subtitles (which by default are "white" - RGB 255,255,255) are blindingly bright and they have much greater area than a specular highlight and are almost hurting the eyes. This got me thinking if the way madVR and XySubFilter that I use are actually rendering the subtitles is correct. On one side XySubFilter doesn't know if the subs are rendered over an HDR or SDR video ... I think ... and the preference for font color it uses is always the same ... which makes me believe that it's madVR's job to lower the brightness of the color/white in some way (f.e. 255,255,255 = 100 nits as per SDR spec) but on the other side if there is some color/brightness information in the SRT file (I'm not 100% sure if it's possible but with other external subtitles formats it is AFAIK) how should madVR react?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
Good question! Will have to add this to my to-do list. I suppose subtitles should probably never be brighter than 100 nits. So maybe I need to post process the subtitles to enforce them to not be too bright...

Last edited by Knight77; 3rd March 2018 at 12:44.
Knight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 14:32   #49373  |  Link
el Filou

@Rippner : I bet it's an issue with Copy-Back mode. Is your system RAM running at the same settings as with the previous motherboard? Check also PCI Express bus power saving settings if you can find some.
Old 3rd March 2018, 20:30   #49374  |  Link
lansing

How do I stop madvr from enforcing my playback frame rate to match the displaying refresh rate? I'm playing a 24fps video in mpc and it kept forcing it to 60fps. I tried turning off all the deinterlacing options I can find but that doesn't help.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 21:18   #49375  |  Link
Redemption80

Rippner, i',m actually having a similar issue, but with 1080p content on a GTX 970.

6 months of using MadVR and everything has been fine, but the last few weeks every so often it's turning into a slideshow. I left my poor three year old to watch something and came back to see that it had dropped over 11,000 frames.

I was actually blaming Mediaportal as it's old and prone to bugs, but i have also just downloaded every Nvidia driver from 388.43 to 391.03 to try out tonight.

Also, i can't seem to get Optimise to work with JRiver, always states Not Measured Yet, even after an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
How do I stop madvr from enforcing my playback frame rate to match the displaying refresh rate? I'm playing a 24fps video in mpc and it kept forcing it to 60fps. I tried turning off all the deinterlacing options I can find but that doesn't help.
Do you mean stop it forcing it to 60hz?

If so, then you need to add 1080p24, 2160p24 etc.. in the display modes, then list all display modes madVR may switch to: option for your screen.

Last edited by Redemption80; 3rd March 2018 at 21:28.
Redemption80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 21:26   #49376  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
what display mode are you using?
by default madVR leaves the refreshrate as it is.

@Redemption80
if you are playing HEVC content too like him be aware your card can't decode it.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 21:44   #49377  |  Link
Redemption80

Thanks for the response huhn, but no it's not HEVC content as i have none. Alot is stuff that has been on there for a while now and and watched quite frequently.

I've been having the issue for a few weeks now, at first i blamed fast ring W10 updates, but rolling back to previous ones made no difference, even going back to Fall Creators Update made no difference.

I was actually thinking it may be related just to my PC as i was seeing no one else with this issue, and when MadVR has not been updated since then i wasn't blaming that. I will see what results my driver testing brings.

Planning on dual booting a stable W10 with one i can test stuff on, as this has been a pita lol.
Redemption80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 22:20   #49378  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption80 View Post
Do you mean stop it forcing it to 60hz?

If so, then you need to add 1080p24, 2160p24 etc.. in the display modes, then list all display modes madVR may switch to: option for your screen.
I want the video to play at 24fps. I added 1080p23 to the display mode, it doesn't work. I even tried disabling the display mode altogether, still the video is playing at 60fps.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 22:23   #49379  |  Link
huhn

for both of you. can you please try this:

try mpc-hc and see if the problem persist there too.
if the problem happens post me your filter list plz.
play -> filter-> "copy filter to..."
post a screen of GPU-Z sensors too plz.
a task manager screen would be nice too.
a new madVR OSD would be nice too with ShowRenderSteps may help too.
go to the madVR folder and create a new folder named ShowRenderSteps

all of this in playback not >paused< and only with mpc-hc the rest comes later.
Old 3rd March 2018, 22:24   #49380  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
I want the video to play at 24fps. I added 1080p23 to the display mode, it doesn't work. I even tried disabling the display mode altogether, still the video is playing at 60fps.
does your screen even support 23p?

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling