Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 19th August 2009, 17:01   #201  |  Link

1. Oversight on my part. Just forgot to update the string.

2. Pilot error, no fix for that. You can always edit the DGA file.

3. Please note the error next time. Also, tell me what app you used for the first encoding.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 13:10   #202  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Regarding my CUVIDServer note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Please note the error next time. Also, tell me what app you used for the first encoding.
Here is my exact sequence:

1. Use a DGTool to index a video, launch CUVIDServer, look at video with avs/Vdub 1.9.0, then run 2-pass x264 encoding using same simple avs e.g.

#For h264
DGSource("video.dga")

#For MPEG2
#DGSource("video.dgm")

#For VC-1
#DGSource("video.dgv")

2. Hours later, after x264 completed, launch DGAVCIndexNV and make a test.dga from x264 output. Note CUVIDServer is still active/in system tray.

3. Using test.avs (just DGSource("test.dga")) Open With...Vdub, get this pop-up dialog:

Server
cuvidMapVideoFrame() error.
[OK]

I can click OK on this dialog, but Vdub is "Not responding" and must be closed by End Process, and CUVIDServer is still running but can't be exited by normal means, must also End Process and re-launch it to get it to work.

Note that I did try this same sequence on a short test clip, and it worked fine--it did NOT throw the error. Then I tried another full-length video (six hours or so to complete x264) and got the error again. Further, between 1. and 2. above, the PC has automatically gone into "Standby" mode; maybe that is the issue i.e. for my next encoding I will disable this "auto Standby" behavior and see if I get the same CUVIDServer hangup again (maybe it does not wake-up from Standby properly?).

EDIT: Well, duh, only after writing-down the sequence above had the "Standby" thing occurred to me. And now that my morning coffee's starting to affect me did I think to simply go to Standby and out again. Sure enough: launch CUVIDServer and open a vid with avs/dgx/vdub. Fine. Go to Standby, come out of Standby (CUVIDServer still running). Try again--Error. This time:

Server
Failed to create video decoder (100)
[OK]

Frozen as before i.e. must End Process and re-launch to recover.

So the problem is Standby related I believe and maybe (another) Windows XP Pro x64 anomaly, assuming you or others can't dupe this problem.

Last edited by laserfan; 20th August 2009 at 13:28. Reason: Revelation
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 14:00   #203  |  Link

It's a known issue that you can't have a screensaver kick in or go to standby with the server running in the D3D versions. As I said, the server is not yet D3D-less.
Old 20th August 2009, 14:35   #204  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
It's a known issue...
OK. If this is in the Readme.txt or any other docs I can't find it--you may want to add same somewhere...
Old 20th August 2009, 15:29   #205  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
OK. If this is in the Readme.txt or any other docs I can't find it--you may want to add same somewhere...
It'll be gone once Nvidia comes out with the new driver. Neuron2 will update the server to work with the new driver once it's released.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 18:37   #206  |  Link
Varies

neuron2
My last error with D3D was fixed by driver update ^^ but i had new bug.
DGIndexNV

DGIndex

Last edited by Varies; 20th August 2009 at 18:58.
Varies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 19:19   #207  |  Link

Use Video/Cropping Filter.

It's not a bug and has been discussed.

Looks like I'll have to do something different with this as it is causing confusion.

Can I please have a stream sample so I can see your frame sizes, etc.? If you don't give a stream, there's a good chance that your issue may not get fixed.

Last edited by Guest; 20th August 2009 at 19:37.
Old 20th August 2009, 21:26   #208  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revgen View Post
It'll be gone once Nvidia comes out with the new driver. Neuron2 will update the server to work with the new driver once it's released.
I got it, thanks. Yeah if I'm going to use the beta versions I need to follow these threads more closely...
Old 20th August 2009, 21:28   #209  |  Link
Varies

Quote:
It's not a bug and has been discussed.
why not? if i used same scripts and had differing screenshots...
stream and scripts in PM.
Varies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 21:39   #210  |  Link

If you read the discussion you would understand.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...69#post1315069

Last edited by Guest; 20th August 2009 at 21:43.
Old 20th August 2009, 22:15   #211  |  Link
Varies

thanks ^ ^ i just skip two pages before
You may do this as option?
Old 20th August 2009, 23:48   #212  |  Link

I will pop up a choice message box if I see the stream cropping. If invoked by the CLI the box will not be popped up and it will always honor the stream's specified cropping. I will also add an auxiliary INI file option to allow you to suppress the message box entirely and always honor the cropping.

Last edited by Guest; 21st August 2009 at 15:15.
Old 21st August 2009, 14:12   #213  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by woah! View Post
since the new betas came out, i see you are leaving the source as is. 1920x1088
Quote:
Yes, you can just use "Video/Cropping Filter" to crop it.

I have seen some streams that have good content in that last 8 pixels and thought it would be useful to have the option to retain it when resizing. I'm open to reconsidering that decision if it bothers people too much.
This has confused me (easy to do, I know). Upon processing a 1920x1088 blu-ray (re-encoding using DGTools and x264), and not doing any cropping, I see that the result, after re-muxing and playback on PC with Cyberlink PDVD, shows the bottom of the screen "stretched" i.e. 8 pixels of blurriness. But neither the original .h264 nor the re-encoded .264 when played using avs/Vdub showed any such anomaly on-screen (and neither does the original using PDVD). Even the re-muxed .m2ts when played-back with MPC looks fine.

I don't know if this is a tsMuxeR question (which sees the re-encoding as 1920x1088) or purely a PDVD quirk, or if I simply need to crop the bottom 8 pixels every time with DGTools--and to that question I didn't see the original NEEDED any cropping. Can someone enlighten me.
Old 21st August 2009, 14:30   #214  |  Link

Asking about PDVD here is OT. Do you have an issue for my NV tools?

Last edited by Guest; 21st August 2009 at 14:32.
Old 21st August 2009, 14:53   #215  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Asking about PDVD here is OT. Do you have an issue for my NV tools?
I don't know WHERE the issue is, but the "now 1088 vs. before 1080" is the only thing that's changed, so I thought I'd ask here!

OK then, let me ask a different question: if I open a stream with DGAVCIndexNV that is shown to be 1920x1088, and if it shows video perfection all-around i.e. no black or distorted lines at the bottom, then it's OK not to crop?

Or another: If I really don't care about the bottom 8 pixels even if they DO contain "good content" then is there a way to assert the crop setting(s) so I don't have to remember to do them every time?

EDIT: I apologize--I see now that if I set DGAVCIndexNV to Display Full HD I can see that the bottom 8 pixels are distorted. I could not see this in the normal display as-opened.

OK now I know how to look and how to crop!

Last edited by laserfan; 21st August 2009 at 14:59.
Old 21st August 2009, 14:57   #216  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
OK then, let me ask a different question: if I open a stream with DGAVCIndexNV that is shown to be 1920x1088, and if it shows video perfection all-around i.e. no black or distorted lines at the bottom, then it's OK not to crop?
As I stated already the intent was to retain the information when resizing to a standard format, such as 1280x720.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...69#post1315069

Is it OK to make an output stream with a height of 1088? I'd have to check every application out there to answer that.

Quote:
Or another: If I really don't care about the bottom 8 pixels even if they DO contain "good content" then is there a way to assert the crop setting(s) so I don't have to remember to do them every time?
I have already told you I will address that and also how I will address that.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...96#post1316896

Last edited by Guest; 21st August 2009 at 14:59.
Old 21st August 2009, 15:01   #217  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

See the edit I made to my post; I was not able to see the answer to the "good content" question until I switched to Full HD mode! I'm good, thanks!
Old 21st August 2009, 15:17   #218  |  Link

It should have also been visible before but at half height. Maybe you just didn't notice it.

You'll be able to set an INI file option to always honor the cropping in the next beta.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:56   #219  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
It should have also been visible before but at half height. Maybe you just didn't notice it.

You'll be able to set an INI file option to always honor the cropping in the next beta.
My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, but the blurring is virtually impossible for me to see at half-height, and not easy even at Full, except now I know to look for it.

Looking forward to the next beta, thanks...
Old 21st August 2009, 21:40   #220  |  Link
ultratoto14

After a bad manipulation, i resize to 1280*720 a SD DVD with your tool, only green frames as result. Just to inform you, i do not need to upscale DVD.
ultratoto14 is offline   Reply With Quote