Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 23rd February 2014, 15:55   #101  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

If you look at the DeviantArt page of his assets, there is a license noted. Currently it is set to this. Follow these rules, and you will not have issues with the creator.

Of course, if you start providing the iconlib binaries, then you not only have to follow the license of the assets, but also the license of the given project (which is GPL for both of the MPC-* projects). Just keep that in mind .
Old 23rd February 2014, 21:00   #102  |  Link
Dark Eiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEB View Post
If you look at the DeviantArt page of his assets, there is a license noted. Currently it is set to this. Follow these rules, and you will not have issues with the creator.

Of course, if you start providing the iconlib binaries, then you not only have to follow the license of the assets, but also the license of the given project (which is GPL for both of the MPC-* projects). Just keep that in mind .
I know about the Creative Commons license but I still feel that asking his permission before touching his hard word for a 'remix' is the most respectful way to go
Dark Eiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 11:08   #103  |  Link
twtrade

MPC-HC Flatro Theme v1.3.1

MPC-HC Flatro Theme updated to v1.3.1 for MPC-HC v1.7.3 x86 & x64

MPC-HC Flatro Icon Preview:

MPC-HC Flatro Icon v2 Preview:

MPC-HC Flatro Taskbar Control Buttons Preview:

Changelog:

[2.24.2014] - Update to v1.3.1
* Added a new set of flat inspired icons (now you have the option to choose from v1 or v2 icon lib)
* Updated .ico archive
* Updated install instructions

[2.21.2013] - Update to v1.3
* Added custom button icons to taskbar player
* Changed to only 16.8mil colors for all icons
* Fixed mislabeled MKA, RM, and PLS file extensions
* Removed 128x128 & 68x68 icon sizes from mpciconlib.dll
* mpciconlib.dll file size has now been reduced from 15.6 MB to 943 KB for x64 and 933 KB for x86
* Updated status bar and logo icon sizes for both .exe's
* Added .ico archive for those who want to build a custom .dll icon library

[02.18.2013] - Update to v1.2.1
* Fixed mislabeled icons in mpciconlib.dll

[02.14.2013] - Update to v1.2
* Added custom mpciconlib.dll for MPC-HC v1.7.3 x86 and x64.
* Updated install instructions

[02.11.2013] - Update to v1.1
* Added x86 theme files

[02.09.2013] - Release (v1.0)

Download MPC-HC Flatro Theme v1.3.1 here

Enjoy!

----------

@Dark Eiri, I've gone ahead and replied to your PM regarding your port.

@JEEB, feel free to let me know if you would like to see something different in v2 of my Flatro icon set.

Last edited by twtrade; 24th February 2014 at 11:14.
twtrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2014, 14:58   #104  |  Link
patong

Quote:
Originally Posted by twtrade View Post
@nautilus7, Thank you and if you have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to post them

@vBm, I'll be sure to add the requested file extensions from user Stanzilla in the next coming days. Thank you.

@Dark Eiri, Sounds great! I look forward to seeing your port I plan on expanding the icon library with any requested file extensions I receive from users. I'll have the .ico files available to you and anyone who would like to build their own custom lib.dll in upcoming Flatro Theme versions.

In regards to the seekbar customization, I've been researching how to change the look of the MPC-HC seekbar since I began work on the Flatro Theme. But according to MPC-HC's Project Manager

Since I am not very familiar with the programming languages used in MPC-HC (such as C++ etc), I would definitely need assistance from the MPC-HC project developers to make such a large undertaken happen.

But I will keep on improving the Flatro theme and maybe even compile a custom installer (instead of the end-user having to replace files from a pre-existing install).

Whenever someone asks me what is a great multimedia player for them to use, I always recommend MPC-HC. But unfortunately, the first thing I hear out of their mouths is how dated the GUI looks. This reason alone is why some users switch to other media players like VLC and Potplayer. But to me, because of MPC-HC's small footprint and overall playback quality (among many other advantages), I've always preferred MPC-HC over the rest. Especially with the addition of madVR.

In terms of customizing MPC-BE, I'll have a look into this media player when I have some more downtime.

I also want to personally thank you for your support, feedback, and kind words on my little side-project. I too have been a fan of MPC-HC since I discovered the multimedia player one year ago. Put off by its current GUI, it has lead me to customize bits and pieces of the player to help give it a more updated/modern look based off of current metro/flat/semi-flat design trends.

Here are some elements and overall design changes I would love to integrate into MPC-HC's GUI with the help of the MPC-HC team...

I really like your design scethces! Any news on getting them integrated into MPC-HC?
Old 23rd March 2014, 10:57   #105  |  Link
twtrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by patong View Post
I really like your design scethces! Any news on getting them integrated into MPC-HC?
Patong, those aren't my sketches. They are just some examples I found via Google of how I would like the future MPC-HC's UI to look like.

I also do not see the current dev. team implementing any UI changes to MPC-HC any time soon, sorry.

Last edited by twtrade; 23rd March 2014 at 11:01.
Old 23rd March 2014, 17:37   #106  |  Link
vBm
MPC-HC Helper xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by twtrade View Post
I also do not see the current dev. team implementing any UI changes to MPC-HC any time soon, sorry.
Armada was semi active for past 6 months. Now that he's back-ish, I guess he'll do whatever he can, as soon as he can
Old 19th April 2014, 12:32   #107  |  Link
twtrade

MPC-HC Flatro Theme v1.3.2

Changelog:

[04.19.2014] - Update to v1.3.2
* Theme is now compatible with MPC-HC v1.7.4

Download MPC-HC Flatro Theme v1.3.2 here

Enjoy! Any feedback and or requests would be much appreciated.

Last edited by twtrade; 5th May 2014 at 08:16.
Old 21st April 2014, 11:14   #108  |  Link
6ari8

This has been bugging me for a while and I couldn't find an answer. In MPC-BE, when I open audio files it has a speaker background that can go full screen. In MPC-HC, there's none and I've been trying to find some way, if any exist, to place a background while playing audio files. Is it possible to use a background in MPC-HC while playing audio files?
6ari8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 12:09   #109  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Has anybody tested those in a HiDP scenario? MPC gets a pain to use beyond 125% scaling so it would be nice to have something that scales properly.
Old 5th May 2014, 08:15   #110  |  Link
twtrade

MPC-HC Flatro Theme v1.3.3

Changelog:

[05.04.2014] - Update to v1.3.3
* Theme is now compatible with MPC-HC v1.7.5

Download MPC-HC Flatro Theme v1.3.3 here

Enjoy! Any feedback/requests would be much appreciated.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ari8 View Post
This has been bugging me for a while and I couldn't find an answer. In MPC-BE, when I open audio files it has a speaker background that can go full screen. In MPC-HC, there's none and I've been trying to find some way, if any exist, to place a background while playing audio files. Is it possible to use a background in MPC-HC while playing audio files?
Unfortunately, it isn't possible in MPC-HC.

Last edited by twtrade; 5th May 2014 at 08:26.
Old 1st August 2014, 14:33   #111  |  Link
vBm
MPC-HC Helper xD

twtrade, any ETA on 1.7.6 compatibility ? (seen few folks asking for it on IRC)
Old 2nd August 2014, 19:51   #112  |  Link
nautilus7

Why don't you include the application icon into the mpc-hc.exe?
nautilus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 09:41   #113  |  Link
XinHong

My contribution to the MPC-HC community.

- Size: 16 x 16
- How to use: copy the picture above and save it as toolbar.png into the MPC-HC folder

Icons credits goes to http://www.famfamfam.com/
XinHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 10:21   #114  |  Link
mig_f1

MPC-HC FlatIcon (Metro) Toolbars and Logo

Hello, my 1st post here and already bumping up an old thread, but I've made a couple of toolbars to match Windows 8 metro style, so I thought I should share them. They both come in 32x32, 24x24 and 16x16 icon sizes.

I've uploaded them at deviantart a few days ago (along with a background logo, this one's not a Metro style one though). You can download them from there. There's a preview/overview image there, along with a download button (at the top right of the page).

I hope they prove useful to other people too.

PS. Does anyone know if and how I can also submit them to MHC-HC's toolbar_images wiki?
mig_f1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
icons, mpc-hc, toolbar