Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 2nd November 2007, 21:46   #1  |  Link
gcornellier

Avisynth and japanese characters

I am having a problem that I can not seem to resolve. I am trying to load a script that has a path name with a mix of japanese characters (someone's name) and Ascii test ... application.startup path. I get an import error and the path that is displayed has some strange characters (not the japanese characters). Below is the script. if the script is even the directory it will not load?

Help Please.

Thanks

LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\GCornellier\Desktop\CoachesEdition07\BKIKvest\bin\dgbob.dll")
DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\GCornellier\Desktop\CoachesEdition07\BKIKvest\bin\Lockers\凢乇及久_丂七\V200711213833.avi",29.97)
parity = GetParity() ? 1 : 0
DgBob(Order = parity, mode = 2)
gcornellier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 00:08   #2  |  Link
Akatsuker
Hack'n Roll

I'm a n00b, but heard AVISynth has problems with non-ANSI chars on filenames.

Please, all you guys feel free to correct me (never tried). ^^
Akatsuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 00:58   #3  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

This is a long standing problem. See this thread "Foreign Language characters in filenames"

However your problem seems to be the opposite in that DSS is failing, where it is the only thing that works for the other.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 05:06   #4  |  Link
qyot27
...?

The only thing that I can suggest is to run the target program (i.e. VirtualDub, Windows Media Player, etc.) in Japanese code page through the use of AppLocale if you don't want to reboot into full Japanese code page or change the script name (rebooting into Japanese code page should make everything work seamlessly, but it's been a long time since I did that and my memory is fuzzy). The script itself needs to also be in that code page as well, if I recall right. That can easily be done by composing the script while running Notepad through AppLocale.

The simplest solution, of course, would be to simply romanize the Japanese characters. If the file needs to have the foreign characters preserved, then store the original filename in a separate file and recopy the name after the conversion with the script is finished.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote