Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 2nd June 2007, 10:28   #1181  |  Link
di3111

WMP10 on Vista

I`ve tried to install Wmp10 on a german Vista 32Bit with the instructions of CademiaX. Now WMP 10 runs on my vista (Ultimate). The problem with the error message #File wmploc.dll is version 10.xxx and not 11.xxx, which was expected....# disappeared after i double-clicked on unregmp2.exe under the Programme/Windows Media Player folder.
Now Wmp runs fine.
The problem now is, that i can`t do the upgrade on the windows media individualisation site . The Upgrade Button
is greyed out. So I can't play files with licenses.
Has anyone installed WMP10 on Vista successful.
Please Help
Old 2nd June 2007, 15:30   #1182  |  Link
JackAren

Quote:
Originally Posted by connormill View Post
Hi
i have uploaded fairuse4wm v1.3 to 3 Mirrors
all files checked for viruses and direct .exe's
1:FairUse4WM.exe (recomended!)
2:http://www.box.net/shared/ac286lzgji or
3:http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/170...Use4WM-exe.htm

hope you like them!
I'ownloded that file, then trying to run it, it says: "not a valid Windows executable"!
Old 3rd June 2007, 01:57   #1183  |  Link
froggger

di3111, you need to use internet explorer.
Old 3rd June 2007, 05:12   #1184  |  Link
di3111

Wmp10 on Vista

But I use the IE
Old 3rd June 2007, 17:37   #1185  |  Link
froggger

oh, i dunno then. i haven't used vista.
are there any online subscription stores that are totally online, you don't have to install anything and have a free trial where you don't have to enter credit card info??
i looked at napster, but you need to enter credit card info.
i also checked out urge, but it makes you update wmp.
Old 3rd June 2007, 20:38   #1186  |  Link
Blind Melon

Try going back through and deleting your DRM files in the DRM folder... I had to do that sometimes to get the Upgrade button to work.
Old 4th June 2007, 22:43   #1187  |  Link
abudara

drmdbg update

drmdbg 2007/06/04 00:15 for "IndivBox.key v11.0.6000.6324"
by taku & inoyan
http://panda.orz.hm/uploader/5/src/up48.zip
Old 6th June 2007, 15:26   #1188  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Melon View Post
Does the Fairuse program work for Napster protected files yet?
FairUse4WM works for any WMA file as long as your IBX/Windows Media player version is old enough...doesn't matter what service you use as long as it doen't make you update.

and Cademix - YES...I have spent countless hours trying to do wmp11b2 on vista...no dice, so wanted you to know I worked on it hard also, and came up with nothing. I finally actually got it instgalled, but right when I opened it, it would crash, so technically it was on there, but I was never able to keep it running more than 10 seconds.

::: milOtis
Old 6th June 2007, 15:30   #1189  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggger View Post
oh, i dunno then. i haven't used vista.
are there any online subscription stores that are totally online, you don't have to install anything and have a free trial where you don't have to enter credit card info??
i looked at napster, but you need to enter credit card info.
i also checked out urge, but it makes you update wmp.

not true. if you have windows XP you can use windows media player 11beta2 with URGE all you want without updating. I have three PCs right now with that setup. Everytime I open windows media player it says "do you want to update" i just hit no, and I'm still downloading DRM music from urge to this day.

also, i have windows vista instlaled with virtualpc, and have windows xp running in that, and urge is using 11.0.5703.x version of media player also. (beta 2)

It doesn't force you to update, it just asks all the time, you can just click 'no'.

Old 6th June 2007, 16:06   #1190  |  Link
Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by milOtis View Post
FairUse4WM works for any WMA file as long as your IBX/Windows Media player version is old enough...doesn't matter what service you use as long as it doen't make you update.
Hi milOtis. Update You're talking about is KB891122? I have some WM files and when I'll try to play them in WMP10 I got message box "You need security upgrade for playing this file..." or similar message and the link leads to KB891122. So there's no chance to use FairUse4WM for these files? Thanks.
Old 6th June 2007, 20:26   #1191  |  Link
mysekurity

Ren: I use URGE, and the security update it prompts you for doesn't upgrade your ibx. I'm not sure what service you use, but if it's not allowing you to play protected files, the worst you can do is try (remember to restart afterwards, though!). If it doesn't work, you can always use the rollback procedure gone over many times before (I just did it last night with 11.0.57, so I know it still works)
Old 6th June 2007, 21:12   #1192  |  Link
froggger

well the package i use to install updated my wmp without asking me...
is there a package that is only urge, not an updated wmp with it??
i am using wmp11 beta2
Old 6th June 2007, 22:41   #1193  |  Link
mysekurity

froggger: pm me your e-mail address. I can send you the 11.0.57 install, instructions, and etc.
Old 6th June 2007, 23:07   #1194  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

anyone having trouble should read the second answer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggger View Post
well the package i use to install updated my wmp without asking me...
is there a package that is only urge, not an updated wmp with it??
i am using wmp11 beta2
that means you have wmp10 on there before, so it upgraded it to the most current version of 11. if you have ANY version of 11 install, you can just go to urge.com and download urge, it will see you have version 11.x and not update it...it just need to be 11 for urge to install, so 11beta2 qualifies, you just have to have it installed prior to installing urge. if the urge installer sees version 10 it will update it to the most current version of wmp on the MS servers at the time of install (if it sees 11.x, it skips the upgrade).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren View Post
Hi milOtis. Update You're talking about is KB891122? I have some WM files and when I'll try to play them in WMP10 I got message box "You need security upgrade for playing this file..." or similar message and the link leads to KB891122. So there's no chance to use FairUse4WM for these files? Thanks.
i am talking about when you open windows media player, and it pops up after 10 or 20 seconds, in a dialog box that says "A Windows Media Player update is available. Do you want to update now? YES NO" then you must always click NO so WMP will never update (thus your IBX will never update) - keep in mind it is a domino effect...you cannot upgrade you WMP without updating your IBX...don't do it!! Using FairUse4WM only works with WMP11beta2, and prior and ONLY on XP...you cannot install anything lower than WMP11Final on Vista, don't even try. CademiaX and I have spent days and days trying to get that working for you guys, and it's not just one problem....MANY issues come up like conflicting DLL versions, bluescreens, WMP totally crashing after 5 seconds, etc...so you are out of luck with Vista unless you run VirtualPC or have a service that lets you get away with WMP10 and doesn't require 11 (but most require version11 now).

Remember the motto: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and if you have a working FairUse4WM and music service that doesn't require you to upgrade, then keep it taht way! If you are on windows xp, my "12-27 fix" will work just fine for you on rolling back to wmp11beta2... (used it on my friend's computer last week that was 100% updated to the latest wmp11) This has been tested on xp home, professional, 64bit, and on dells, gateways, acers, shuttles, even intel imacs, and it works on all of them...the people who are having trouble with my FairUse4WM fix is anyone on vista, or who use more than one WMA-file music service, like Urge and Napster to download songs, or Yahoo and Rhapsody and something else...due to conflicting DRM data, the rollback does not work for those people, and their upgrade button is grayed out on the individualization site. So pick a service you like and only use just that ONE.

Last edited by milOtis; 6th June 2007 at 23:25.
Old 7th June 2007, 00:59   #1195  |  Link
froggger

oh sorry, i must have been on wmp10 last time i tried that.
everything works fine now.
thanks!
Old 7th June 2007, 03:46   #1196  |  Link
Ren

milOtis,mysekurity> Thanks for hints, just installing XP to VPC. I tried it on W2003R2, I guess it was the problem. I'll report results ASAP.
Old 7th June 2007, 03:55   #1197  |  Link
mysekurity

I just rolled back my install last night. I use Zune, so I had to get rid of that as well, but I know the rollback still works. (if possible, don't use Beta 2, it's much slower than the final version, and there's really no need). If you can't find WMP 11.0.57, pm me.

MilOtis: do you know how to disable the "upgrade now" dialog? I've tried setting wmp to never check for updates, but that doesn't work. I've also tried hacking with the dlls, but nothing really came of that. Do you have any ideas? Or is it just a minor annoyance that I'll have to put up with every now and then?
Old 7th June 2007, 03:55   #1198  |  Link
di3111

Has someone noticed the drmdbg update above for IBX
v11.0.6000.6324. Someone tried it?
Old 7th June 2007, 04:30   #1199  |  Link
pcdthebum

Quote:
Originally Posted by di3111 View Post
Has someone noticed the drmdbg update above for IBX
v11.0.6000.6324. Someone tried it?
Yea, i noticed that, I was wondering if this means we will be seeing an update for fairuse that would be awesome
Old 7th June 2007, 05:44   #1200  |  Link
petrus2

Quote:
MilOtis: do you know how to disable the "upgrade now" dialog? I've tried setting wmp to never check for updates, but that doesn't work. I've also tried hacking with the dlls, but nothing really came of that. Do you have any ideas? Or is it just a minor annoyance that I'll have to put up with every now and then?
Have you tried the solution contained in the following post?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...reg#post979744

Regards
Closed Thread