Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 6th August 2008, 17:14   #921  |  Link
mikeytown2
Resize Abuser

One of the examples listed has a function group called MVDegrain2i, where the delta's are 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 2

Code:
function MVDegrain2i(clip "source", int "overlap", int "dct", int "idx")
{
overlap=default(overlap,0) # overlap value (0 to 4 for blksize=8)
dct=default(dct,0) # use dct=1 for clip with light flicker
idx=default(idx,1) # use various idx for different sources in same script
fields=source.SeparateFields() # separate by fields
backward_vec2 = fields.MVAnalyse(isb = true, delta = 2, pel = 2, overlap=overlap, idx = idx,dct=dct)
forward_vec2 = fields.MVAnalyse(isb = false, delta = 2, pel = 2, overlap=overlap, idx = idx,dct=dct)
backward_vec4 = fields.MVAnalyse(isb = true, delta = 4, pel = 2, overlap=overlap, idx = idx,dct=dct)
forward_vec4 = fields.MVAnalyse(isb = false, delta = 4, pel = 2, overlap=overlap, idx = idx,dct=dct)
fields.MVDegrain2(backward_vec2,forward_vec2,backward_vec4,forward_vec4,thSAD=400,idx=idx)
Weave()
}

source=AVISource("video.avi")
mvdegrain2i(source,4,0,1)
mikeytown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 17:15   #922  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

I believe the correct procedure before was to do the following, as MVtools does not handle interlaced material at all.

Separatefields()
MVProcessingHere()
Weave()

@Josey_wells, I like how you redesigned the function to only require one call for MVAnalyse, very handy! This is just my 2 cents, perhaps I like the old names too much, but I think keeping it without the multi suffix would be better.

Also, any chance you can upload the files to mediafire since we have to wait for moderators to approve attachments?

Last edited by Sagekilla; 6th August 2008 at 17:17.
Sagekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 17:31   #923  |  Link
josey_wells

Quote:
One of the examples listed has a function group called MVDegrain2i, where the delta's are 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 2
If this is really a desired feature then either a stepmultipler, or stepstart and stepsize would need be added to facilatate this.

Quote:
Also, any chance you can upload the files to mediafire since we have to wait for moderators to approve attachments?
I am cleaning up the code(one little mistake) and will post here and try mediafire when done.
josey_wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 17:35   #924  |  Link
mikeytown2
Resize Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey_wells View Post
If this is really a desired feature then either a stepmultipler, or stepstart and stepsize would need be added to facilatate this.
If this is a quick and easy thing to do, then go ahead and add in deltastep (my recommendation for a name). If it's a pain in the rear to add; doing 2 MVDegrainMulti, one for SelectEven() & SelectOdd() would work.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:41   #925  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

Quote:

I am cleaning up the code(one little mistake) and will post here and try mediafire when done.
Thank you! Look forward to using the new version, considering my Opteron 170 is just barely chugging along with MVTools running.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:43   #926  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeytown2 View Post

Code:
function MVDegrain2i(clip "source", int "overlap", int "dct", int "idx")
{
overlap=default(overlap,0) # overlap value (0 to 4 for blksize=8)
dct=default(dct,0) # use dct=1 for clip with light flicker
idx=default(idx,1) # use various idx for different sources in same script
fields=source.SeparateFields() # separate by fields
backward_vec2 = fields.MVAnalyse(isb = true, delta = 2, pel = 2, overlap=overlap, idx = idx,dct=dct)
forward_vec2 = fields.MVAnalyse(isb = false, delta = 2, pel = 2, overlap=overlap, idx = idx,dct=dct)
backward_vec4 = fields.MVAnalyse(isb = true, delta = 4, pel = 2, overlap=overlap, idx = idx,dct=dct)
forward_vec4 = fields.MVAnalyse(isb = false, delta = 4, pel = 2, overlap=overlap, idx = idx,dct=dct)
fields.MVDegrain2(backward_vec2,forward_vec2,backward_vec4,forward_vec4,thSAD=400,idx=idx)
Weave()
}

source=AVISource("video.avi")
mvdegrain2i(source,4,0,1)
I don't see the reason why there are deltas 2 and 4?? In interlaced material, every field is different (so you should be able to use deltas 1, 2...) and MVAnalyse should simply compensate for the small vertical shift between the two fields. Or is it that vectors are better found with a larger delta?
Old 6th August 2008, 18:29   #927  |  Link
josey_wells

I will add a deltamult option to MVAnalyseMulti where for refframes=3 for examlpe the following will occur:

deltamult=1

B delta=3, B delta=2, B delta=1, F delta=1, F delta=2, F delta=3

deltamult=2

B delta=6, B delta=4, B delta=2, F delta=2, F delta=4, F delta=6

etc.
Old 6th August 2008, 19:38   #928  |  Link
talen9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagekilla View Post
This is just my 2 cents, perhaps I like the old names too much, but I think keeping it without the multi suffix would be better.
I don't think this is a good idea, it would break compatibility with pre-existing scripts ... OTOH, old scripts would have to be adapted in either case, if you want them to be "thread-safe", right?
talen9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 19:53   #929  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

Indeed. It's a very simple matter of updating the scripts so they're properly coded that way. But then again, what I'm suggesting is you rename it to MVDegrain and MVAnalyse. Analyse in the old scripts would have to be updated, but the MVDegrain would just be a matter of dropping the number and updating the params. Either way, that's just my preference I'm in love with the fact that I don't have to use those extra lines to get the same functionality now, that it's just a minor annoyance.

To answer your question though, yes you would have to update all old scripts regardless with this new patch, since the syntax has completely changed, as well as the function names.
Old 6th August 2008, 23:26   #930  |  Link
josey_wells

OK, here is the fixed version with deltamult option, default = 1, added to MVAnalyseMulti. For now I will keep the multinames for backward compatibility.

Obviously mediafire didn't work to well so here is rapidshare
The outside link is http://rapidshare.com/files/13541734...6.0_9.rar.html

This should be good to go for testing.

Have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: rar MVTools V1.9.6.0_8_MultiPart.part01.rar (195.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: rar MVTools V1.9.6.0_8_MultiPart.part02.rar (195.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: rar MVTools V1.9.6.0_8_MultiPart.part03.rar (195.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: rar MVTools V1.9.6.0_8_MultiPart.part04.rar (152.4 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by josey_wells; 7th August 2008 at 01:39. Reason: updated link
Old 7th August 2008, 04:23   #931  |  Link
mikeytown2
Resize Abuser

@josey_wells Giving your latest dll a spin and it appears to work fairly well, no crashes so far! Using MCbob and MVDegrainMulti deltamult=2 in the same script. MVDegrainMulti by it's self uses a fair amount of my cpu (80%), haven't done a timed test yet.
Old 7th August 2008, 05:39   #932  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

I've gotten close to 100% speedup with your new filter. Filtering a blu-ray movie @ 720p with blksize=8, overlap=4, pel=4 I got 0.24 fps with 1.9.5.7 and 0.44 fps with 1.9.6.8 (You should really use that fourth number to enumerate your mini builds you've been making )

Very nice, I never got anywhere near 100% speedup using MT() or SetMTMode(). SetMTMode() was a horror for using on blu-ray movies for that matter, since I had two instances of DirectShowSource decoding the 1080p video, which resulted in almost no speedup.

Edit: By the way, which version will be faster, the IC10 or MSVC?
Old 7th August 2008, 11:11   #933  |  Link
josey_wells

Quote:
By the way, which version will be faster, the IC10 or MSVC?
The IC10 version should be slighter faster since the Intel Compiler peforms some parallel optimization and loop unrolling. However, I did set it up to require SSE2 so if your CPU supports that it should work fine.

Quote:
Very nice, I never got anywhere near 100% speedup using MT() or SetMTMode(). SetMTMode() was a horror for using on blu-ray movies for that matter, since I had two instances of DirectShowSource decoding the 1080p video, which resulted in almost no speedup.
Blu-ray was the main reason I enchanced MVTools since I would get random crashes with all the options mentioned above. I have converted a blu-ray movie with this version at about 0.7 fps with my script

Quote:
MVDegrainMulti by it's self uses a fair amount of my cpu (80%), haven't done a timed test yet.
My Q6600 averages between 85-95% CPU usage across all 4 cores.

Quote:
1.9.6.8 (You should really use that fourth number to enumerate your mini builds you've been making
I was trying to use the _X as a build number with V1.9.6.0 being the completed baselined version. Maybe its time to go to 2.0.0.0 if some other users chime in with tying MVAnalyseMulti to some other MVTools filters.
Old 7th August 2008, 12:30   #934  |  Link
krieger2005

I don't see a reason why you removed the isb and delta-parameter. There are several situations where one want only analyze the forward-movement or only the backward-movement or only the 5th Frame backward to the actual and so on.
krieger2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 13:59   #935  |  Link
josey_wells

Quote:
I don't see a reason why you removed the isb and delta-parameter. There are several situations where one want only analyze the forward-movement or only the backward-movement or only the 5th Frame backward to the actual and so on.
One is free to use the old MVAnalyse as it still exists. However, Multithreading can only be leveraged when performing analysis over many frames. If it was really desired to do just a group of forward or a group of backward frames multithreaded then this could be done with flags such as forwardonly & backwardonly. Another option would be a direction flag(1=forward & backward, 2=Forward only, 3=backward only).

Last edited by josey_wells; 7th August 2008 at 18:40.
Old 7th August 2008, 18:11   #936  |  Link
josey_wells

OK, here is the final post for MVTools V1.9.6.0.

I have finished cleaning up the code and fixed a memory leak in the destructor of MVMask and MVShow.

Take it or leave it.

MVTools V1.9.6.0_Final link http://rapidshare.com/files/13559228...Final.rar.html
Old 7th August 2008, 18:14   #937  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

Here goes the stress test then Do filtering on my Desktop, and send the frames over the network to my laptop for encoding. I'll try encoding the "Jungles" episode of Planet Earth, and see how well it performs and if there's any crashes or issues. There shouldn't be though, since I've been using the latest version you've released every day for encoding my Firefly episodes.
Old 7th August 2008, 18:27   #938  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:

I have finished cleaning up the code and fixed a memory leak in the destructor of MVMask and MVShow.

Take it or leave it.

MVTools V1.9.6.0_Final link http://rapidshare.com/files/13559228...Final.rar.html
Thanks for your hard work A very quick test showed a very nice boost, going from 1.9 fps to 2.5 fps, and no crashes so far.
Old 8th August 2008, 01:49   #939  |  Link
Andrey /MAG/
SVP developer

Quote:
Thanx. But I have some questions.

When we can see changed documentation?
Can You give short description what difference from 1.9.5.7?
Andrey /MAG/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 04:20   #940  |  Link
TSchniede

I think it is basically his version 1.9.5.8. But MVDegrain works similar to the previous threaded version (only the threads are only created and destroyed once) and MVDegrainMulti and MVAnalyseMulti were added, that's the obvious changes there are a lot of minor changes in most files though.