Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 6th January 2006, 18:28   #21  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

as doom9 said add ConverToYV12() at the end of your avisynth script.
Old 6th January 2006, 18:38   #22  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

The command is ConvertToYV12(). If the source is interlaced, be sure to use ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)
Old 6th January 2006, 18:41   #23  |  Link
Romario

Location: Qetchua mountains in Peru, and Klingon battlecruiser D'Mar
Ok, I will try with that.
Old 6th January 2006, 20:26   #24  |  Link
charleski

Another bug:
MP3 audio output is disrupted: If you select MP3 as an output format in the main form and then go to configure it, on returning the format is reset to NAAC mp4.

I'll fix this.

[Fixed in 0.2.3.1037 - turns out it was an issue with rogue profiles with empty names]

Last edited by charleski; 6th January 2006 at 21:22.
Old 6th January 2006, 20:32   #25  |  Link
charleski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romario
DirectShowSource is " probably the most dangerous source loading command AviSynth offers ", can you tell me?
DirectShowSource is easily the flakiest part of Avisynth, and the bit I wish the Avisynth developers would work on. In many cases it just doesn't work and returns 'the filter graph manager won't talk to me' errors even though DirectShow is quite capable of rendering the file (this even happens if you feed it a filtergraph previously rendered by graphedit...).

If you have an avi file, then Avisource(<filename>) is probably a more robust method of loading it into Avisynth.
Old 7th January 2006, 02:22   #26  |  Link
Romario

Location: Qetchua mountains in Peru, and Klingon battlecruiser D'Mar
No, I don't have an avi file, only MPEG2 files.

Can I use Avisource instead DirectShowSource, for mpg files?
Old 7th January 2006, 02:39   #27  |  Link
berrinam

For mpg files, use index them with DGIndex first, and then use mpeg2source. MeGUI will do this automatically for you. Go to Tools->D2V Creator, select your input file, and check the other settings, check 'On completion load files', then press queue. Run the job from the main window. You can now configure your file properly.
Old 7th January 2006, 16:23   #28  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

In x264 config, setting the turbo option in a first pass mode changes GUI options (macroblock options) which it shouldn't
Description : Checking turbo will get rid of all macroblock options (correct), but unchecking it will leave it that way (incorrect). Also, the P4x4 option is diasbled after unchecking turbo.
Old 7th January 2006, 16:37   #29  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Will this update show commandline also?

(And dont worry, files.x264.nl is being fixed with some updates and have stuff load @ startup, last uptime 300+ days, now power outage also )
Old 7th January 2006, 22:30   #30  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

What you mean?
Old 8th January 2006, 02:45   #31  |  Link
jmk

autocrop and AR autodetect

i hve a problem with the autocrop feature in the avisynth script generator dialog. somehow it can not find the right crop values for "2001: a space odyssey". how does it work anyhow?

and another thing thats odd: i recently started using the "SAR" feature. what i do is that i select "auto-detect" aspect ratio on one click mode (since i have some odd ones here, "2001..." for example seems to have the actual ar of 2,15:1). so far everything seems fine. if i check the final muxed files with mp4box -info i can see the that the video track has an aspect ration set. but somehow these values are to large for mplayer or vlc for example:

Code:
Track # 1 Info - TrackID 1 - TimeScale 25 - Duration 01:22:16.560
Media Info: Language "und" - Type "vide" - Sub Type "avc1" - 123412 samples
MPEG-4 Config: Visual Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 0x21
AVC/H264 Video - Visual Size 640 x 384 - Profile Unknown @ Level 5.1
Pixel Aspect Ratio 640:1067 - Indicated track size 640 x 384
Self-synchronized

thx for this grat program,
jmk

ps: can anyone explain, or point me in the right direction, how i can change the aspect ratio in these files? and why does it say 640:1067 and not something like 2,35:1 ???
Old 8th January 2006, 03:06   #32  |  Link
berrinam

@jmk: You haven't given enough information. Read the guidelines in the first post of this thread.

Just clearing up a few other things:
-auto-detect in oneclick is actually supposed to read Auto-Detect Later, but the end of it is chopped off. You see, there are two stages at which the Aspect Ratio can be found out: immediately, when you load the file, or later, after you've pressed Go, and it's done some processing. Now, normally, it will detect the Aspect Ratio immediately upon loading the file, and set it to the correct value (ie 16:9, 4:3, 1:1), but if something goes wrong, then it will default to Auto-Detect Later. If you think it is detecting it wrong, then it is probably set wrong on the DVD. In that case, what you want to use is the 'Custom' option, so that you can enter 2.35 yourself. If you are sure that it is correct on the DVD, then post a MeGUI bug report with everything asked for on the first post of this thread.

-You don't seem to be aware of the difference between Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR) and Aspect Ratio, or Display Aspect Ratio. There are links about it Q17 of the x264 FAQ on the x264 win32 daily builds sticky.
Old 8th January 2006, 03:12   #33  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

and as far as autocrop goes.. you know we need a vob sample to reproduce that but I'm not ruling out the code works for everything.. for instance your black bars could be less than black (for instance if you pick the wrong color range in dgindex), or if you have a lot of black scenes, the algorithm can't tell between what's black bars and what's part of the movie..
Old 8th January 2006, 09:34   #34  |  Link
nurbs

Since I haven't used autocrop lately I don't know if this is still an issue, but I noticed that on pictures that it should not crop at all it always crops 2 pixels form the right. I'm sorry I couldn't check, but I just read this and I am not at the PC I use for encoding till friday.
Old 8th January 2006, 11:16   #35  |  Link
berrinam

Cropping must be in multiples of two, and autocropping favours over-cropping by one line to under-cropping by one line, so as to ensure removal of the borders. Perhaps this is causing what you are talking about. OTOH, it could actually be a bug. I'll wait for confirmation of this.
Old 8th January 2006, 18:41   #36  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

In the x264 config, starting from the default settings, if you uncheck chroma, the commandline doesn't update. The same goes for bime.. seems showcommandline isn't called when those two options are changed.
Old 8th January 2006, 18:49   #37  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

I already fixed that... how come it's back?

It's now re-fixed... and CVS is updated

Last edited by Sharktooth; 8th January 2006 at 19:02.
Old 9th January 2006, 22:02   #38  |  Link
Raithmir

0.2.3.2001 - AVISynth creator

Should enabling the deinterlace, noise filter, and colour correction tick boxes load the appropriate dll in the script for you? It doesn't for me, hence I just get a black narrow band when previewing the script. Using the load dll bit on the edit tab I would expect to just add the relevant load line to the existing script, but it deletes everything else.

MPEG2 deblocking checkbox does nothing?

ticking IVTC checkbox, then ticking the deinterlace box should remove the IVTC settings and add the selected deinterlace option, but it keeps the IVTC settings.

When does the AVI options section get enabled? or is that a future feature?
Old 9th January 2006, 22:08   #39  |  Link
Raithmir

Loading the MeGUI snow version complains about the video profiles on startup ("is this a valid profile?" etc.).
Old 9th January 2006, 22:44   #40  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Should enabling the deinterlace, noise filter, and colour correction tick boxes load the appropriate dll in the script for you?
Not everyone agrees on this, but in the current mode of operation, it shouldn't. The AviSynth plugins directory is very useful, and if you put your plugins there (why wouldn't you?), you don't need the loadplugin lines.

Quote:
Using the load dll bit on the edit tab I would expect to just add the relevant load line to the existing script, but it deletes everything else.
Bug confirmed and added to the list

Quote:
MPEG2 deblocking checkbox does nothing?
Not true. It's called mpeg2 deblocking because it is only for mpeg2 sources. Have a look at the mpeg2source(...) line when you press it -- it adds 'cpu=4'.

Quote:
ticking IVTC checkbox, then ticking the deinterlace box should remove the IVTC settings and add the selected deinterlace option, but it keeps the IVTC settings.
Confirmed and added to the list

Quote:
When does the AVI options section get enabled? or is that a future feature?
When you load an AVI file.

Quote:
Loading the MeGUI snow version complains about the video profiles on startup ("is this a valid profile?" etc.).
Only for non-Snow profiles. It makes sense, doesn't it? Why should MeGUI-Snow be able to load x264/xvid/lavc profiles? If you want that functionality, use the full version.
Closed Thread