Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 23rd January 2006, 00:28   #241  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Bugs:

1) pre-rendering checkbox does nothing with AutoEncode

2) I get the "audio input file" error even when AutoEncoding with valid audio. I won't after my fix, but this makes me worry I made the wrong fix (i.e. I'm checking the wrong filenames to begin with)

These bugs convince me that we need to refactor AutoEncode so that it uses the regular audio & video queueing codepaths. Having to fix everything in 2 places is killing us, especially when those 2 places operate with very different internal logic.

3) Have some jobs going. Dragdrop a d2v file and queue the index job. The d2v creator dialog will sit there, and the rest of MeGUI will be unresponsive, until you kill it. Waiting for the index job would probably work too, but that might be days away...
Old 23rd January 2006, 01:40   #242  |  Link
Tima

Bugs and one feature request for Bitrate Calculator

- when selecting audio file, there's no 'ogg' extension in filetype box.
- when I change framerate, Number of frames (instead of length!) changes. It's confusing.
+ there'd be good to take into account other files I want to put on CD. This feature is present in Gordian Knot, for example.
Old 23rd January 2006, 02:04   #243  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
I think avi is the culprit, I've seen similar report for > 4 GB XviD output. I'm hoping encraw won't have these problems. Has anybody tried ffmpeg? I'm about to look into it for muxing (mencoder's raw -> avi muxing has issues as well).
ffmpeg seems to be the solution for a lot of problems that mencoder has. What does mencoder do that ffmpeg doesn't? Perhaps a complete switch to ffmpeg could be a solution?

Quote:
I don't think x264 lossless would be a good idea either.. there's no avi output so you'd have to open the input via directshowsource and that's where parser issues enter the game.
Yes... with all of these methods, there is the issue of an implicit dependency on ffdshow (afaik, that's the only vfw decoder of ffvhuff).
Old 23rd January 2006, 09:26   #244  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

does ffmpeg support snow?
Old 23rd January 2006, 09:40   #245  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
does ffmpeg support snow?
Code:
ffmpeg -formats
produce

Code:
 DEV    snow
Old 23rd January 2006, 10:53   #246  |  Link
puffpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffpio
Using megui 0.2.3.2033

When loading an avs file into the program, then going into the bitrate calculator, the video length, framerate, and framecount is incorrect

This occurs both when I loaded an avs script taht was @ 29.97fps and also at 23.97fps. In both cases the framerate the bitrate calculator displayed was 25fps, and the video length was short by a couple minutes.

It used to work correctly a couple versions ago...maybe I need to delete some configuration files?

further comment..i've used avisynth 2.56 for quite a while now..and it's worked always..so I believe the problem can be narrowed down to just dgindex and not avisynth. not a big deal, but since this bug report made it's way to the first post, I felt I should narrow down the search space :P
Old 23rd January 2006, 11:17   #247  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
so I believe the problem can be narrowed down to just dgindex
I think so to. I think the breaking change has been introduced in 1.4.6 beta 3 (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...522#post764522) so if you could try to create your project again using an older beta (or just the latest stable version) and verify that it works there, that would be much appreciated.

Quote:
- when selecting audio file, there's no 'ogg' extension in filetype box.
That's right.. that's because the calculator doesn't support Vorbis.. it's almost impossible to accurately calculate it (you can find some details in a thread in the container form).
Quote:
+ there'd be good to take into account other files I want to put on CD.
I approach this a different way: you can set the output size As you may want to include X files from Y different directories, it would become quite complex rather quickly to handle this all.. so it's better that you get the filesize in KB from your files and set the output size accordingly.

Quote:
- when I change framerate, Number of frames (instead of length!) changes. It's confusing
Well.. it's a question of your approach, isn't it? If you have your input already configured, lenght and FPS will be set correctly so there's no need to change the FPS dropdown, is there? The only reason I could imagine is that the source script (but that's really far fetched when I think of it because the source script should already include IVTC commands), would be 29.97 and you know you're going to IVTC (in GKnot you even have to manually change the FPS in that case).. but that doesn't change the movie's length, but the number of frames is to be changed. However, assume somebody is using the calculator as a standalone tool, thus having to manually input the source length and FPS. I think it's more likely that this person would enter the movie's length rather than the number of frames, then select the FPS, which in turn calculates the proper number of frames.

Now who volunteered to have a go at the calculator? It should be somebody headache resistant.. it's a major PITA.
Old 23rd January 2006, 12:06   #248  |  Link
Morte66
Flying Skull

MeGUI 0.2.3.2033: In the "OneClickConfigurationDialog" launched from the "One Click Profile Setup" menu, there is a checkbox for "Automatic Deinterlacing". If I set that and then bring up "One Click Encoder" to set up the actual job, the other settings are copied from the profile but "Automatic Deinterlacing" is not set on the "Advanced Config" tab.

It seems this one is not propagating.
Old 23rd January 2006, 12:44   #249  |  Link
berrinam

@Morte66: This bug is fixed in the newest CVS update (0.2.3.2037). I'm pleased at the interest in the One Click Encoder that my guide seems to have brought (enough to actually find the bugs ).
Old 23rd January 2006, 15:38   #250  |  Link
Tima

Quote:
That's right.. that's because the calculator doesn't support Vorbis.. it's almost impossible to accurately calculate it (you can find some details in a thread in the container form).
Hmm.. ок, but 'vorbis' is present in Type dropdown..

Quote:
Well.. it's a question of your approach, isn't it? If you have your input already configured, lenght and FPS will be set correctly so there's no need to change the FPS dropdown, is there?
Agreed. Waiting for a fix for getting framerate from new DGIndex project correctly.

Quote:
I think it's more likely that this person would enter the movie's length rather than the number of frames, then select the FPS, which in turn calculates the proper number of frames.
Maybe, but it may happen that he'll not get the correct number of frames, because he can set time with precision only to 1 second.

Another issue with calculator - Ctrl-C doesn't copy the selection in some boxes (e.g. frame count) -- I have to copy it by right-click and it's not convenient..
Old 23rd January 2006, 15:53   #251  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Hmm.. ок, but 'vorbis' is present in Type dropdown..
Hmm.. then I guess I should change the fileopen dialog.. if it's in the dropdown in all likelyhood I added the calculation code (but it's a dirty approximation.. much more so than for any other thing in the calculator - well.. mkv bitrate calculation is much of an approximation as well as the overhead depends on properties you only know after encoding.. the number if i/b/p frames)

Quote:
Maybe, but it may happen that he'll not get the correct number of frames, because he can set time with precision only to 1 second.
If our user notices that, he'll start entering number of frames and fps which in turn calculates the proper length
Old 23rd January 2006, 18:14   #252  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Quote:
Now who volunteered to have a go at the calculator? It should be somebody headache resistant.. it's a major PITA.
I did. No way it can give a worse headache than what I'm doing at work. However, said work is probably going to have me here 80 hours this week, so no MeGUI coding anytime soon.

Bug #4 for this page: if MeGUI is minimized to tray and a job completes, the next job shouldn't pop up a status window.
Old 23rd January 2006, 19:45   #253  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Whats wrong with the calculator/needs to updated? Might possibly be able to take a look at it.
Old 23rd January 2006, 20:13   #254  |  Link
Tima

Now I accidentally closed MeGUI in the middle of encoding job, but process x264 still remains working Is it by design?
Old 23rd January 2006, 20:31   #255  |  Link
Tima

Let's continue playing..

When I try to enter '9999999' into the 'Number of Frames' box, I end with:

Quote:
---------------------------
Fatal error
MeGUI encountered a fatal error and has to close. Reason: Value of '11' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.

Parameter name: Value Source of exception: System.Windows.Forms stacktrace: at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)

at MeGUI.Calculator.textField_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
ОК
But after pressing OK it doesn't closes and all other boxes don't respond on any changes in 'Number of Frames' box.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inconvenience - when I want to change target size (e.g. from 700 to 800), I erase (or simply select) the content of that box and enter a new value. Immediately after typing '8' I get an error message:
Quote:
Unobtainable configuration
Your audio is larger than the desired output size.

This is impossible. Please reduce audio bitrate or increase target size
ОК
But I don't want it because I'm STILL typing a value. Can MeGUI wait until I finish?
Old 23rd January 2006, 22:04   #256  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Might possibly be able to take a look at it.
Just look at the last two pages of this thread. And be careful, whenever you change something, make sure you test through all possible scenarios again because you have a 99% chance that something else will not work properly anymore.. at least that's my experience with the calculator.
Quote:
Now I accidentally closed MeGUI in the middle of encoding job
Uh, how is this possible? I mean, if you close it, you're being asked if you really want to abort.. so accidentally doesn't exist. If you kill the app via task manager though, then yes, the encoder keeps running because you just rip the plug from megui.. it's like that for every commandline application you launch, they are still being run in a separate process space.

Quote:
Immediately after typing '8' I get an error message:
There's a simple workaround: select 7 with your mouse, type 8.
Old 23rd January 2006, 22:26   #257  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
There's a simple workaround: select 7 with your mouse, type 8.
It's still annoying, though. The wrong event is being caught. A focuschanged/enterpressed event is probably the right thing.
Old 23rd January 2006, 23:21   #258  |  Link
Tima

Yes, I already use this workaround.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
It's still annoying, though. The wrong event is being caught. A focuschanged/enterpressed event is probably the right thing.
Exactly the thing I wanted to ask for.

Last edited by Tima; 23rd January 2006 at 23:31.
Old 24th January 2006, 00:14   #259  |  Link
berrinam

@Mutant_Fruit: I'm planning to fix most of the bugs now, but I'm not going to touch the bitrate calculator. There are 3 bitrate calculator-related bugs, and I've tentatively put you down as working on them. See the list on the first post of this thread. Tell me if you want to fix them.
Old 24th January 2006, 00:38   #260  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

compile x264-svn, gives:

Microsoft (R) Visual C# 2005 Compiler version 8.00.50727.42
for Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 2005 Framework version 2.0.50727
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2005. All rights reserved.

AviSynthAudioEncoder.cs(635,7): error CS1024: Preprocessor directive expected
AviSynthAudioEncoder.cs(647,7): error CS1024: Preprocessor directive expected

megui-x264-svn.exe is not created
Closed Thread