Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 11th January 2009, 09:33   #1  |  Link
divin1ty
divin1ty

Updated! OneClick Encoder and AutoEncode Walk-Through Guides

Hey Everyone,

I recently put together a complete MeGUI v0.3.1.1006 Walk-Through Guide for portable devices using the OneClick Encoder option and a separate Guide for creating d2v files, AviSynth Scripts, adding subtitles, keeping the AC3 Audio in it's original format and finally muxing it all together in the end. The Guides includes screen shots and are in a PDF presentation format. The OneClick Portable Device Guide is 80 pages as of right now, but could grow to be more and the AutoEncode guide is 76 pages. It is aimed at those that have never used MeGUI, but is very useful for everyone. If anyone is interested they can download the OneClick Encoder Portable Device Guide through MediaFire as well as the AutoEncode Guide, also through MediaFire. I cannot post it here under the current forum rules because it is over 200kb, roughly 3mb. If there are any found errors or any areas that need clarification, please ask and I will make the changes and upload a new file and re-post the new link.
I just want to share everything I have learned with this program. And I have to say, the quality of this program is by far the best I have seen from anything else out there. I used MeGUI in the past but had trouble with the program and was using HandBrake until I recently switched back to MeGUI. I hope it is okay to link to the Guide I just uploaded on MediaFire.

Thanks,
Nathan
COMTEC Mobile Solutions

Last edited by divin1ty; 19th January 2009 at 07:48. Reason: Updated Guides
divin1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 10:27   #2  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

thanks for the kind words and thanks to write a such great guide.

Just few notes :
  1. you don't need to check "Run as Administrator" in the MeGUI Properties...the level requirement is embedded into the app.
  2. there is a "One-Click" button now in the right corner. No need to open the Menu.

Last edited by Kurtnoise; 11th January 2009 at 10:29.
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 07:51   #3  |  Link
divin1ty
divin1ty

Thanks for the response

Hey Kurtnoise13,

The info has been updated. I also made some pretty major changes and added a complete new guide for custom H.264 encodes of very high quality. You can find the updated and new links in my first post.

Thanks,
Nathan
COMTEC Mobile Solutions
Old 19th January 2009, 16:32   #4  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

great job! thank you very much for your guides.
also, if you dont "trust" mediafire as host, i can host the guides somewhere else.

P.S.: i added a link to this thread in the MeGUI guides sticky thread.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 19th January 2009 at 16:39.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 23:14   #5  |  Link
divin1ty
divin1ty

Hey Sharktooth,

You are more than welcome to use these guides in any fashion you want. If you would like to host them somewhere else and post it that is completely fine.
As I mentioned before, as I am learning about this program and all it's capabilities, I want to share it with others. Especially now, since I can encode for portable devices and for HDTV in either it's original format, down scaling or up-scaling; and with no real loss of quality or any errors throughout the entire process.

When I first started I would always end up with some sort of an error or massive pixels in large blocks on every encode. Once I started playing around with everything I noticed what all the options did within x264 and how it would effect the overall quality of each encode.

And one of my biggest issues was trying to get subtitles to show properly in my encodes. Sure I could get them burned into the image, but I wanted them to be an option and just there and not permanent. I was doing something wrong, because once I started paying attention to all that I was doing, getting subtitles to work was no problem at all.

Anyway, thanks for the program and all the hard work you guys put into this project.

Nathan
COMTEC Mobile Solutions

Last edited by divin1ty; 19th January 2009 at 23:15. Reason: removed website for security reasons since it is not up yet
Old 20th January 2009, 00:54   #6  |  Link
alexcel

It would be nice if you could add the way you extract and handle subtitles.

I am having a lot of out of sync problems, maybe your way works...

Thanks for the guide

Note: the neroaacenc.exe link does not seem to work...
alexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 08:58   #7  |  Link
PERFECT

Hi Sharktooth,

I am still going through your guide and the guide is very impressive.

Please update the link of Nero AAC Codec. Correct link : http://www.nero.com/ena/technologies-aac-codec.html.

Nero AAC Codec Version: 1.3.3.0.

Thank U
PERFECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 03:43   #8  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

my guide?
Old 15th April 2009, 05:01   #9  |  Link
Sion

Quote:
Originally Posted by divin1ty View Post
Hey Everyone,
keeping the AC3 Audio in it's original format and finally muxing it all together in the end.
Nothing in your guide explains how to keep the original audio in its original format. What you do re-encodes AC3 audio to AC3 audio. It does not copy the AC3 audio track. Basically you're wasting processor time on re-encoding audio unnecessarily.

When encoding DVDs using D2V creator, it's easy to retain the original audio track: Delete the audio encoding part (click "X" under audio portion of main page) then after clicking autoencode, click the check-box that says "add additional items". Click QUEUE, and then where you detail how to add subtitle tracks, you just select the audio stream that was demuxed by D2V creator. This just muxes back in the original audio with the newly encoded video.

I have yet to figure out a good way to retain (copy/pass-through) the original audio track when transcoding files like .mkv's or .avi's that already have an audio track muxed in.
Sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 15:21   #10  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion View Post
I have yet to figure out a good way to retain (copy/pass-through) the original audio track when transcoding files like .mkv's or .avi's that already have an audio track muxed in.
Actually MeGUI cant do that.
Old 16th April 2009, 23:28   #11  |  Link
Sion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth View Post
Actually MeGUI cant do that.
Yeah, so it seems. The way I'm doing it now is basically what you suggested to me in the other meGUI thread... demux audio using AVImuxGUI or MKVmergeGUI, then transcode video only, then mux audio back in afterward, and if the audio is DTS, you gotta use mkv as a container in meGUI. AVIs can hold DTS audio, but meGUI and the tools it comes with can not mux DTS audio into an AVI.

BTW, where do we make feature requests for meGUI?
Sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 16:35   #12  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

in the feature requests tracker: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid...12&func=browse