Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th January 2006, 22:56   #11  |  Link
Raithmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
Not everyone agrees on this, but in the current mode of operation, it shouldn't. The AviSynth plugins directory is very useful, and if you put your plugins there (why wouldn't you?), you don't need the loadplugin lines.
So you're saying if I've got the plugins directory configured then the encode should work fine... but that preview won't work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
Only for non-Snow profiles. It makes sense, doesn't it? Why should MeGUI-Snow be able to load x264/xvid/lavc profiles? If you want that functionality, use the full version.
True. I just stick the three exe's in the same folder. Perhaps an additional tag could be added to the profile xml files to state whether the profile is for x264 or snow etc., then the x264 ones could just be ignored if you chose to run the snow only exe. I appreciate in typical usage you'd probably only use one of the exe's exclusively, so I supose it's a minor thing.