Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 11th April 2021, 12:19   #1  |  Link
vcmohan

vfx special effects plugin

vfx a special effects plugin is now available for vapoursynth. This is equivalent to effectsPlus plugin for avisynth+. These functions are modified and improved upon while porting. All the functions in the plugin are thread safe. Request bug report and suggestions for improvement. description is at vfx and download at vfx
Old 11th April 2021, 13:23   #2  |  Link
ChaosKing

Nice effects!

Is "flashes" supposed to look like that this? (from your test script)

Old 11th April 2021, 23:36   #3  |  Link
Are_

Thank you for the plugins vcmohan, can you add these changes to make it compatible with Linux?
Code:
diff --git a/vfx.cpp b/vfx.cpp
index b79aa2c..f94506b 100644
--- a/vfx.cpp
+++ b/vfx.cpp
@@ -22,7 +22,9 @@ This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
 #include <stdlib.h>

+#ifdef _WIN32
 #include <Windows.h>
+#endif
 #include <fstream>
 /*
 #include <algorithm>
@@ -38,8 +40,8 @@ This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
 */
 #define _USE_MATH_DEFINES
 #include "math.h"
-#include "vapoursynth.h"
-#include "vshelper.h"
+#include "VapourSynth.h"
+#include "VSHelper.h"
 //#include <iostream>
 #include <chrono>
 #include <ctime>
Are_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2021, 14:40   #4  |  Link
vcmohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Are_ View Post
Thank you for the plugins vcmohan, can you add these changes to make it compatible with Linux?
[/CODE]
I can, but I do not understand the code fully. If I delete all the unwanted lines and commented out lines will it still be valid? It appears some line numbers are specified. Is this for Github? First line I see git. I am thinking that I may get some bug reports and suggestions for modifications, and I will clean up the code.
Thanks for suggestion.
Old 12th April 2021, 14:42   #5  |  Link
vcmohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
Nice effects!

Is "flashes" supposed to look like that this? (from your test script)

I just used some pattern. I will probably change them to look more like the flowers in sparkler or snowflakes in snow function.
Old 12th April 2021, 22:48   #6  |  Link
Are_

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmohan View Post
I can, but I do not understand the code fully. If I delete all the unwanted lines and commented out lines will it still be valid? It appears some line numbers are specified. Is this for Github? First line I see git. I am thinking that I may get some bug reports and suggestions for modifications, and I will clean up the code.
Thanks for suggestion.
It's a diff, a line starting with -- means that line is deleted from the original file, a line starting with ++ means it is added (I use git to create them because this way I don't have to keep around many versions of the folders).
This patch says the windows.h include should be around an #ifdef _WIN32 so it does not get included on non-windows platforms, and to use the original capitalization on vapoursynth includes because those include break case sensitive systems. All of these changes ar on vfx.cpp
Old 13th April 2021, 06:12   #7  |  Link
vcmohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Are_ View Post
It's a diff, a line starting with -- means that line is deleted from the original file, a line starting with ++ means it is added (I use git to create them because this way I don't have to keep around many versions of the folders).
This patch says the windows.h include should be around an #ifdef _WIN32 so it does not get included on non-windows platforms, and to use the original capitalization on vapoursynth includes because those include break case sensitive systems. All of these changes ar on vfx.cpp
Thanks. I made changes as suggested. Till now I did not notice that VapourSynth.h, VSHelper.h had capital letters. Windows makes one forget and get lazy I think. I also removed some includes which were used during development, but no longer required in final version.
Thanks again.
Old 13th April 2021, 10:19   #8  |  Link
Are_

@vcmohan thanks to you
Old 1st November 2021, 13:51   #9  |  Link
vcmohan

A new function RearViewMirror has been added. It creates a convex mirror image of input clip, and is placed at specified coordinates of output clip. In place of mirror Fish Eye image may be created (both essentially same excepting angle of view and convexity / refractive index). All input formats (excepting half float) are supported. Request comments, suggestions and report bugs.