Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 20th January 2009, 00:49   #6001  |  Link
flanger216

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADude View Post
My question then is - what are the known problems with the Internal Matroska Splitter that cause people to recommend the Haali Splitter ? Thanks.
Good question... I've never had problems with the internal splitters, but it seems everybody recommends against them in favor of Haali. What's the dealio?
Old 20th January 2009, 03:39   #6002  |  Link
rt87

Quote:
I came across another MKV file with two audio streams, again one Vorbis, and this time one AC3 (instead of DTS). Same problem as before, Haali Splitter does not load both filters. So, it occurred to me to try the Internal Matroska Splitter.

When I did so (with the Internal Audio Splitter), everything worked fine. I was able to select either the AC3 or the Vorbis audio with no problem. Then I checked the earlier MKV file with Vorbis and DTS and that worked fine too.

So, that should confirm that the problem with two audio streams is a Haali Matroska Splitter bug.

My question then is - what are the known problems with the Internal Matroska Splitter that cause people to recommend the Haali Splitter ? Thanks.
bad handling of embedded text subs.
internal mkv splitter don't load any embedded text subs with some files, but haali's splitter does.
Old 20th January 2009, 05:13   #6003  |  Link
neoufo51

Anybody else getting a thin grey line at the very bottom of some of their videos while using Beliyaal's version 6?

XP SP3
Nvidia 8400 GS
Just the MPC decoder on VMR9 Renderless
Lockback buffer enabled, 3D surfaces

Last edited by neoufo51; 20th January 2009 at 07:43.
Old 20th January 2009, 06:56   #6004  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

I've tried the Beliyaal's version 6 - it seems I need to add an audio delay of approximately -80 milliseconds to keep A/V sync. Hopefully this will be fixed!

Also, it seems DScaler5 (mpeg2 decoder) doesn't work very well with it - I get flashes of different video frames that get randomly inserted during playback. Very odd. I don't know if this is specific to Beliyaal or the recent MPC-HC releases. All I know is that MPC 1.0.11.0 works fine with it.

Oh well!

I forgot to add:

This is on Windows XP SP3 with all updates. NVIDIA 8800GT, 178.24 drivers. DScaler5 5.008 with IVTC patch.

Lockback buffer enabled. VMR9, VMR9 mixing mode, 3D surfaces. It doesn't matter if Direct3D Fullscreen is enabled or not. YUV Mixing setting doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if alternative vsyns is enabled or not.

Last edited by Rectal Prolapse; 20th January 2009 at 07:11.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:51   #6005  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV

Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86/x64), svn 981

Supported languages: CN, CZ, DE, ES, FR, HU, IT, KR, PL, RU, SK, TR, UA

Changes log

Fix : seek range (show current position more than the end).

Last edited by alexins; 24th January 2009 at 02:04.
Old 20th January 2009, 11:36   #6006  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
I came across another MKV file with two audio streams, again one Vorbis, and this time one AC3 (instead of DTS). Same problem as before, Haali Splitter does not load both filters. So, it occurred to me to try the Internal Matroska Splitter.

When I did so (with the Internal Audio Splitter), everything worked fine. I was able to select either the AC3 or the Vorbis audio with no problem. Then I checked the earlier MKV file with Vorbis and DTS and that worked fine too.

So, that should confirm that the problem with two audio streams is a Haali Matroska Splitter bug.

I have explained before how Haali Media Splitter works. You either seem to have forgotten or choose to ignore it. It dynamically changes the filter graph, so only one audio decoder is active at a time. That works perfectly fine in most situations. I have files with over ten different audio formats in them. Switching works flawlessly. The reason why it does work for you is spdif(er). Maybe haali can explain better why it does not work with spdif. Perhaps if you ask nicely (!) he could implement some kind of workaround.

Last edited by clsid; 20th January 2009 at 11:39.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:20   #6007  |  Link
wincent

MPC and MPC-HC have an issue playing an .mkv video containing :
- one H264 video track ;
- one AC3 stereo audio track ;
- one SRT subtitle file.
Only the audio track is found and its duration is wrong.
Other player (MPlayer, VLC) play the same file correctly.
I replaced the AC3 track with an AAC-Hev2 and now both versions of MPC can play the file.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:47   #6008  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

something weird with your ac3 decoder probably...which one do you use ? could you upload a sample of your mkv for testing ?
Old 20th January 2009, 17:13   #6009  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincent View Post
MPC and MPC-HC have an issue playing an .mkv video containing :
- one H264 video track ;
- one AC3 stereo audio track ;
- one SRT subtitle file.
Only the audio track is found and its duration is wrong.
Other player (MPlayer, VLC) play the same file correctly.
I replaced the AC3 track with an AAC-Hev2 and now both versions of MPC can play the file.

It is probably your sample(which in that case you should post part of for testing) or as Kurtnoise13 said your AC3 decoder.

So what AC3 decoder are you using?
Old 20th January 2009, 17:54   #6010  |  Link
wincent

It's kinda weird.
I installed Haali Media Splitter and the problem went away.
Then, I uninstalled it but MPC can still play the file and all its tracks
If my problem happens again, I will upload a sample of the .mkv and the mkvmerge settings.
To decode AC3 I use FFDShow > Audio Decoder > libavcodec.
Old 20th January 2009, 18:17   #6011  |  Link
spida_singh

I am currently using build 980 (original), everything is working as excpected, smooth 24p, sound is in sync, but, I notice black crush/washed out colours when using EVR CP, D3D, lock back buffer, buffered 20, aero disabled, 9400gt with 181.20 drivers, Vista 32bit.
Currently using media portal as my media manager, it launches MPC-HC as the external player for my movies. I can see the black turn grey when MPC-HC starts to playback the video. But when VMR 9 is used, everything is ok, black stays black. I don't use VMR 9 as I am running two monitors, one for work, one for playback of media. If playing back a media file using VMR 9 Renderless, and i click anywhere else on my main work screen, MPC-HC minimizes. Is there anything I can do to resolve the colour issues when using EVR CP? Or is this something that needs to be fixed within MPC-HC?

I am using purely the internal mpc filters, I have stopped ffdshow A/V being used within MPC-HC, black crush is visible.

When using ffdshow video, i still get black crush, this is apparent when setting 0-255 colourspace (Full range) and 16-255, any ideas? It's the only thing bugging me, verything else is perfect

Is there anything within the nvidia control panel I can do to overide this?

Last edited by spida_singh; 20th January 2009 at 18:39.
Old 20th January 2009, 18:17   #6012  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

I have the same problem. Beliyaal version 6, VMR9, Windows XP Sp3, D3D9X_35.dll, NVIDIA 8800GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBeepMeep View Post

I have spotted two bugs though:
- either when starting to play a file, seeking or after pausing, heavy jitter will randomly pop up and will remain. The only way to get rid of it is to seek or pause. This one is quite annoying as it appears randomly and requires to check the stats to be sure there isn't any jitter

- in full screen mode, accessing the Key Tab (and only this tab) and clicking the OK button will cause a crash of mplayer.

Nvidia8600GTS, WinXpSp3, VRM9,Reclock.

Anyway, you are on the right way for the ultimate player.
Old 20th January 2009, 18:51   #6013  |  Link
clsid

@spida_singh

Read this for several solutions for the "washed out" video:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143689
Old 20th January 2009, 18:57   #6014  |  Link
flanger216

I'm getting broken playback of .dts files when using the internal DTS/AC3 source filter. It seems to be playing them back ~5% too fast: the reported duration is too short and the pitch is too high. For what it's worth, all of the files are at 20 or 24-bit depths; I don't know if normal, 16-bit DTS files are affected.

Regardless, the same files play correctly both in VLC and in MPC-HC, if I use this source filter instead: http://ac3filter.net/projects/ac3file
Old 20th January 2009, 19:31   #6015  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Prolapse View Post
I've tried the Beliyaal's version 6 - it seems I need to add an audio delay of approximately -80 milliseconds to keep A/V sync. Hopefully this will be fixed!

Also, it seems DScaler5 (mpeg2 decoder) doesn't work very well with it - I get flashes of different video frames that get randomly inserted during playback. Very odd. I don't know if this is specific to Beliyaal or the recent MPC-HC releases. All I know is that MPC 1.0.11.0 works fine with it.

Oh well!

I forgot to add:

This is on Windows XP SP3 with all updates. NVIDIA 8800GT, 178.24 drivers. DScaler5 5.008 with IVTC patch.

Lockback buffer enabled. VMR9, VMR9 mixing mode, 3D surfaces. It doesn't matter if Direct3D Fullscreen is enabled or not. YUV Mixing setting doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if alternative vsyns is enabled or not.
Hi it might have nothing todo with this but can you confirm this ? http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=50243

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004
Old 20th January 2009, 20:03   #6016  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
The reason why it does work for you is spdif(er). Maybe haali can explain better why it does not work with spdif. Perhaps if you ask nicely (!) he could implement some kind of workaround.
That sounds nice, but is not true.

And it would be very unlikely to be true, because the majority of HT-PC owners use SPDIF. (If you check the AC3FILTER site, you will see that roughly 95% of the questions involve SPDIF.)

In fact, Haali Splitter works fine with two audio streams that both use SPDIF. I just tested it again with MPC-HC build 979 and an MKV file with both DTS and AC3 audio, and it works fine. (That file also works fine with internal matroska splitter and internal audio splitter.

Last edited by ADude; 20th January 2009 at 20:07.
Old 20th January 2009, 21:19   #6017  |  Link
ADude

UPDATE:

On a hunch, I installed "CoreVorbis 1.1.0.79" external Vorbis filter, and unchecked the MPC-HC internal Vorbis decoder.

After that, Haali Splitter worked fine to switch between the DTS and Vorbis audio streams in the MKV file that previously did not work.

So, three possibilities:

- Haali Splitter cannot change between an Internal Filter and an External Filter in MPC-HC (it can change between two internal filters or two external filters), but MPC-HC's internal audio splitter can change between any combination.

OR

- MPC-HC's Internal Vorbis Filter somehow prevents Haali Splitter from switching audio streams, but does not pose a problem for MPC-HC's internal audio splitter (possible, but seems unlikely to me)

OR

- Some other possibility I have not thought of.

Last edited by ADude; 20th January 2009 at 21:25.
Old 20th January 2009, 21:55   #6018  |  Link
spida_singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
@spida_singh

Read this for several solutions for the "washed out" video:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143689
Perfect, now solved, set nvidia control panel to full 0-255, left dynamic contrast enhancement and colour enhancement unchecked.
Old 20th January 2009, 22:44   #6019  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
- Haali Splitter cannot change between an Internal Filter and an External Filter in MPC-HC (it can change between two internal filters or two external filters), but MPC-HC's internal audio splitter can change between any combination.
The internal filters are invisible for Haali splitter and DirectShow itself (since they are private and not globally registered), so they will never be used when the filter graph is modified by something else than MPC. This is a limitation of using internal filters. It is not a bug that can be fixed.
Old 21st January 2009, 00:26   #6020  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

You can always dump all the MPC filters in system32 folder and register them so they can be used! That defeats the purpose of having internal filters though...

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc