Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 25th August 2008, 21:15   #4001  |  Link
skyfighter

I cannot solve the interreptions while playing a 720p movie in VMR9 renderless mode. When I choose system default, everything is fine but when I tried VMR 9 renderless mode to enable subtitles, it was not played properly. I also tried pure codec with KMplayer and BS player but experienced the same problem.I also tried the different combinatons of VMR9 rendess and disabled the subtitles of MPC, they did not change anything.
My configuration is MPC HC ver 1.1.741, Athlon 3000+ 2Gb memory, WinXP SP2,MSI radeon 2600pro
Old 25th August 2008, 22:57   #4002  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

Use mpc rev754, update your video drivers to catalyst v8.8 and directx to august 2008 redist.
Old 25th August 2008, 23:05   #4003  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
I tried Blu-ray disc (japanese anime : utawarerumono in BD disc with english .PGS subtitle). but some subtitles are displayed and many are not displayed. It doesnt' still work very well.
Can you extract the track with TsMuxer and post the .SUP file?

Quote:
and one question: Do you plan to add inverse telecine support to deinterlace with dxva on because when i use dvxa i can't use ffdshow+avisynth+telecide filter (inverse telecine) and for this moment MPc HC doesn't support inverse telecine
Sorry it's not planned.
Old 25th August 2008, 23:53   #4004  |  Link
rica

Quote:
and one question: Do you plan to add inverse telecine support to deinterlace with dxva on because when i use dvxa i can't use ffdshow+avisynth+telecide filter (inverse telecine) and for this moment MPc HC doesn't support inverse telecine
I think it is gonna be impossible forever.
Old 26th August 2008, 05:07   #4005  |  Link
GrofLuigi
Member of a Library

File associations

Please don't recreate file associations if I only visit the preferences/formats page (verified with directory\shell; and I think this behavior was present since forever; my settings are stored in .ini file).

I know this is conflicting with other users' requests, but I thought file association wars were over... And I know it's hard to tackle this on various OSs, but still... There must be some gentler way of handling them.

Suggestion (not too educated - don't know if it's possible):

1. Don't touch anything in the registry until the user hits "apply". (Maybe just hitting OK while on that page is interpreted as "apply"?)

2. Have a separate checkmark for enqueue (if it would clutter the GUI too much - then only one that applies to all).

3. The groups are in-built, right? Either ungroup them (but it would clutter too much) or make them only informative - not to restore all file associations in a group while checking/unchecking (not verified if this is the actual cause, but sometimes unwanted extensions have returned).

GL
Old 26th August 2008, 05:30   #4006  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrofLuigi View Post
Suggestion (not too educated - don't know if it's possible):

1. Don't touch anything in the registry until the user hits "apply". (Maybe just hitting OK while on that page is interpreted as "apply"?)
Yes - Ok=Apply, in all Options Dialog. If hit Cancel - no change
Old 26th August 2008, 06:46   #4007  |  Link
CiNcH

Quote:
Do you plan to add inverse telecine support to deinterlace with dxva on because when i use dvxa i can't use ffdshow+avisynth+telecide filter (inverse telecine) and for this moment MPc HC doesn't support inverse telecine
Doesn't DXVA PostProcessing support Inverse Telecine? HQV tests that and all recent GPU's with DXVA pass the test.
Also CCC and nVIDIA Control Panel have an option to detect telecined material and inverse it. I am not dealing with such stuff so this is just theory.
Old 26th August 2008, 07:22   #4008  |  Link
ANGEL_SU

I cannot play an audio cd with svn 754 (x86). I remember that old version (ex. svn 710) works fine. Could check this?
Old 26th August 2008, 09:02   #4009  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
Can you extract the track with TsMuxer and post the .SUP file?
yes, I have extracted .sup files with Tsmuxer and transform in srt file with suprip. TO finish I read subs with vobsub.
But with your new version lots of subs are not displayed, only some subs are displayed.

Sorry, but I don't have .sup file because I don't have these Blu-ray discs in this moment and blu-ray player (it's my brother that have B disc but he isn't here). I just have .srt files.

The .zip contains .srt files for the first Blu-ray disc of utawarerumono

Last edited by Guest; 27th August 2008 at 22:21.
Old 26th August 2008, 09:03   #4010  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
I think it is gonna be impossible forever.
Why is it impossible?

Without dxva it is possible with telecide filter with ffdshow and avysinth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNcH View Post
Doesn't DXVA PostProcessing support Inverse Telecine? HQV tests that and all recent GPU's with DXVA pass the test.
Also CCC and nVIDIA Control Panel have an option to detect telecined material and inverse it. I am not dealing with such stuff so this is just theory.
When i use dxva with mpc-HC and activate inverse tecine in the nvidia control panel, the inverse telecine doesn't work

Last edited by ikarad; 26th August 2008 at 09:06.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:01   #4011  |  Link
CiNcH

From what I know, MPC Video Decoder generally does not yet handle interlaced material properly.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:49   #4012  |  Link
Rester

How can I remove MPC from the Context Menus? Of course there is the registry solution, but is there an option in MPC-HC that allows me to do that?

Thanks
Old 26th August 2008, 13:23   #4013  |  Link
clsid

There is no options for that yet. I have already suggested that here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...nu#post1172733
Old 26th August 2008, 15:20   #4014  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by _xxl View Post
Can you see if both cores are almost equal used?
For me they are not. Using ffdshow do you have this issue?
Sorry for the late answer but I've been away.

Same goes for me, one of the cores is more used than the other one.

And I have a similar issue with this file:
http://mirror05.x264.nl/public/force...baff.sample.ts

The video is far behind the audio in MPC-HC with the internal filters and it's stuttering a lot in MPlayer. However it's playing fine in MPC-HC with the internal splitter and CoreAVC and it's also playing fine in VLC 0.9.0.
Not to mention that the aspect ratio is not correct with the internal MPC-HC decoder but it is correct with CoreAVC and also in MPlayer and VLC.

BTW is there any chance that we could get a deinterlace option in the H264-VC1 internal filter ? The one used for MPEG seems to work pretty fine and it would be nice to have the same deinterlace ability for H264 and VC1
Old 26th August 2008, 15:27   #4015  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
And maybe allow the user to control what MPC add to the context menus. Some people might prefer not to add those items to the context menu.
Yes, I second that.

I don't want any application to add items to the context menu without my agreement or without an easy way to manage them.
Old 26th August 2008, 16:21   #4016  |  Link
GrofLuigi
Member of a Library

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
Yes - Ok=Apply, in all Options Dialog. If hit Cancel - no change
Then please make file associations an exception (there is button "set" there but it's never active - maybe through that? Make changes in the registry only when the "set" button is pushed?).

Otherwise, it's very disappointing to make changes in other page of the preferences and hit OK - only to see file associations reapplied.

GL
Old 26th August 2008, 17:21   #4017  |  Link
[ReX]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ReX] View Post
Thank you so much, i will try to compile again tomorrow and i will post a feedback here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexins View Post
[ReX] , read here. This machine translation of my instructions for assembling MPC-HC, the original is written in Russian.
Successfully compiled.

A note: If you add BaseClasses directory after Microsoft SDK include directory (in Include files) you'll get errors because there are header files with the same name on SDK dir.
You only need to add BaseClasses directory before Microsoft SDK include dir.
Old 26th August 2008, 17:59   #4018  |  Link
skyfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado View Post
Use mpc rev754, update your video drivers to catalyst v8.8 and directx to august 2008 redist.
I did but nothing changed. There are still interruptions as the video play is not smooth. Everything is okay when I choose system default. What can I do?
Old 26th August 2008, 19:02   #4019  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNcH View Post
Most modern video cards have options for video (telecine, edge enhancement, level correction, ...) but there is a big mistery for me : how do they works? Should they be activated or not, and how?
DirectX have a specific flag to tell driver the surface contains video (D3DPRESENTFLAG_VIDEO), but is it used?

If anyone have good technical informations on this subject i will be deeply interested
Old 26th August 2008, 20:04   #4020  |  Link
engene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
Most modern video cards have options for video (telecine, edge enhancement, level correction, ...) but there is a big mistery for me : how do they works? Should they be activated or not, and how?
DirectX have a specific flag to tell driver the surface contains video (D3DPRESENTFLAG_VIDEO), but is it used?

If anyone have good technical informations on this subject i will be deeply interested

I found the information about hardware-accelerated deinterlacing:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...38(VS.85).aspx
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc