Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th March 2007, 07:07   #81  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revgen View Post
One option I would like to see is to be able to turn off deblocking. Sometimes I'd rather deal with blocking issues myself using avisynth.
Good idea. I have implemented and tested it. You'll do it like this:

AVCSource("file.dga",deblock=false)

I'm sure you're aware that in H.264 the deblocked picture becomes the reference picture, so you may see inaccuracies that get progressively worse within a GOP.

It will be in the next alpha. The next alpha will also add an option to DGAVCIndex to generate a decoded video using the JVT reference software.

EDIT: It's 25% faster without deblocking. For one 25fps HD clip I have that made the difference in allowing me to play it at full frame rate.

Last edited by Guest; 6th March 2007 at 07:32.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 08:05   #82  |  Link
Revgen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Near LA, California, USA
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Good idea. I have implemented and tested it. You'll do it like this:

AVCSource("file.dga",deblock=false)

I'm sure you're aware that in H.264 the deblocked picture becomes the reference picture, so you may see inaccuracies that get progressively worse within a GOP.

It will be in the next alpha. The next alpha will also add an option to DGAVCIndex to generate a decoded video using the JVT reference software.

EDIT: It's 25% faster without deblocking. For one 25fps HD clip I have that made the difference in allowing me to play it at full frame rate.
Thanks a lot.

I'm aware of some of the drawbacks, but in certain cases it just works better without it.
__________________
Pirate: Now how would you like to die? Would you like to have your head chopped off or be burned at the stake?

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Revgen is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 08:58   #83  |  Link
ToS_Maverick
x264 Tester
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austria, near Vienna
Posts: 223
first of all, thanks neuron2 for the great work!

my workflow looks like this:
Pro7 HD Transport Stream => mux to Matroska => cut with mkvtoolnix => demux with mkvextractgui => index => avisynth

i want to report the following issues:
- in your GUI, you can add files via drag&drop. after add file via D&D => index, if i drag another file into it, the indexfile will be created, but if i want to load it, an avisyntherror occurs: no video

- if i load a file, which was splitted with mkvmerge and demuxed, DGAVCSource looses the first ~60 frames, compared to DirectShowSource("file.mkv").
ToS_Maverick is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 13:05   #84  |  Link
lucassp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Romania, Timisoara
Posts: 223
LoadPlugin("DGAVCDecode.DLL")
AVCSource("D:\HD\sky.dga")

Everytime I try to play the AVS file I get this message:

Evaluate: System exception - Access Violation

the streams are the ones from x264.nl
lucassp is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 13:07   #85  |  Link
Manao
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: France
Posts: 2,855
neuron2 : can't you try to copy the decoded picture in the output buffer before deblocking it ? That way, there are no decoding accuracies.
__________________
Manao is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 15:05   #86  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти
 
foxyshadis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lost
Posts: 9,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToS_Maverick View Post
- if i load a file, which was splitted with mkvmerge and demuxed, DGAVCSource looses the first ~60 frames, compared to DirectShowSource("file.mkv").
You can't expect anything to get fixed if you don't upload a test file. For what it's worth, I can't reproduce, it comes out on the correct frame here.
__________________
There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
foxyshadis is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 15:25   #87  |  Link
ToS_Maverick
x264 Tester
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austria, near Vienna
Posts: 223
ok sry, i noticed the problem yesterday and just wanted to report it. when i get home, i'll upload a sample for you, no problem
ToS_Maverick is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 15:56   #88  |  Link
Seba-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11
Hey,
Maybe it is possible to make avc/h264 support for satelite hdtv avc streams? Sample from FTA channel below:

Sample File
Seba- is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 16:25   #89  |  Link
lucassp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Romania, Timisoara
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba- View Post
Hey,
Maybe it is possible to make avc/h264 support for satelite hdtv avc streams? Sample from FTA channel below:

Sample File
first, you've got to demux the Transport Stream: MPlayer FILE.TS -dumpvideo -dumpfile FILE.264. and then do the job with DGAVCIndex
lucassp is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 16:51   #90  |  Link
Seba-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11
I tried but obviously it's not working with hdtv streams...
Seba- is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 17:24   #91  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba- View Post
I tried but obviously it's not working with hdtv streams...
You have to give me the .264 elementary stream if you want support!
Guest is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 17:27   #92  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucassp View Post
LoadPlugin("DGAVCDecode.DLL")
AVCSource("D:\HD\sky.dga")

Everytime I try to play the AVS file I get this message:

Evaluate: System exception - Access Violation

the streams are the ones from x264.nl
If you want a failing stream to be supported, you have to give me the stream for testing. Otherwise, there is nothing I can do. I do not have a magic wand.

My guess is that it is PAFF, which is not supported. But I'd like to see the stream to verify that and to test out a more graceful exit.

Last edited by Guest; 6th March 2007 at 17:31.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 17:30   #93  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manao View Post
neuron2 : can't you try to copy the decoded picture in the output buffer before deblocking it ? That way, there are no decoding inaccuracies.
Yes, that would be possible. You'd lose the speed advantage of course. But I'd have to modify libavcodec. We'll see. Let's find out how significant the effect is.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 17:34   #94  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToS_Maverick View Post
- in your GUI, you can add files via drag&drop. after add file via D&D => index, if i drag another file into it, the indexfile will be created, but if i want to load it, an avisyntherror occurs: no video
Yeah, because the DGA file is empty. I'll fix it.

Quote:
- if i load a file, which was splitted with mkvmerge and demuxed, DGAVCSource looses the first ~60 frames, compared to DirectShowSource("file.mkv").
Need the ES, please.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 19:15   #95  |  Link
ToS_Maverick
x264 Tester
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austria, near Vienna
Posts: 223
i think i know the source of the problem! wanted to split 20mb from the problematic file with mkvmerge, which couldn't do it... got a whole bunch of errors! i'll talk to mosu to find a solution and start a further investigation. i'll keep you posted
ToS_Maverick is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 19:20   #96  |  Link
Revgen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Near LA, California, USA
Posts: 1,545
Okay I just tried this on another video and getting some strange issues when trying to fast seek to certain points. I don't know if this has anything to do with the IDR/SEI issues you mentioned.

1) The video is 640x480 @ 60fps and 400334 frames long.

2) I CAN fast seek anywhere in the video from frame 0 to about frame 189257. If I try to fast seek anywhere past frame 189257, VirtualDub will return me to the beginning of the video. When this happens I can even press "play" and it'll start playing at the begining of the video.

3) Furthermore, if I try to fast seek past about the frame 377623, VirtualDub doesn't even go back to the beginning of the video. Instead it shows a blank green screen. If I press "play" at this point, VirtualDub will play the green screen and sometimes the real video will shift in and out during playback.

4) Fortunately, none of these problems occur if I just press "play" before the 189257 frame. I can play all the way through the video and just press "stop" and it'll stop at the right spot. Unfortunately, this is a lot slower than just fast-seeking.

5) This also causes a problem with the trim command.

If I use trim(0,185000)+trim(370000,0) and I set my mark to lets say 184000 and press "play" in VirtualDub, by the time VDub plays past the 185000 frame it starts playing at the beginning of the video. I haven't tried any encodes doing this yet (I plan to later), but I wouldn't be surprised if it screws up the vid.

6) I have not encountered any of these issues using DirectShowSource on my original .mkv. I'm going to remux the .264 file I demuxed back into another .mkv and play it back to see if MKVExtract made a mistake probably later today.

EDIT: I just remuxed the .264 file I originally extracted and it seeked fine with directshowsource, so obviously MKVExtract can't be the culprit.

7) The entire .264 file is 4.21 GB. If you're interested, I might be better off sending you a DVD-R in the mail.
__________________
Pirate: Now how would you like to die? Would you like to have your head chopped off or be burned at the stake?

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.

Last edited by Revgen; 6th March 2007 at 19:45.
Revgen is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 20:01   #97  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
@RevGen

First, please post a link to the entiire DGA file.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 20:34   #98  |  Link
lucassp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Romania, Timisoara
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
If you want a failing stream to be supported, you have to give me the stream for testing. Otherwise, there is nothing I can do. I do not have a magic wand.

My guess is that it is PAFF, which is not supported. But I'd like to see the stream to verify that and to test out a more graceful exit.
http://x264.nl/h.264.samples/force.p...movies.9.hd.ts

MPlayer plays it using libavcodec
lucassp is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 20:39   #99  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
Posts: 1,953
Neuron'll lynch you for not demuxing it...
__________________
On Discworld it is clearly recognized that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. If the hero did not overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld
Inventive Software is offline  
Old 6th March 2007, 20:45   #100  |  Link
Revgen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Near LA, California, USA
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
@RevGen

First, please post a link to the entiire DGA file.
Here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?amermndmhuz
__________________
Pirate: Now how would you like to die? Would you like to have your head chopped off or be burned at the stake?

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Revgen is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.