Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 18th November 2016, 00:01   #21221  |  Link
Sarasa
Lost In The Web

Don't use the "375.86 WHQL" they have a bug
Low memory clocks on certain factory-overclocked Pascal cards.

use the new one "375.95 Hotfix"
Can be found here > http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4260
MPCHC - madVR - Lav Filters - XySubFilter

Last edited by Sarasa; 18th November 2016 at 00:05. Reason: added link
Sarasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 12:50   #21222  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
VP9 Profile 2 does not fall back to software decoding.
Redownload and install patched LAV Filters https://yadi.sk/d/M5KOnw9YyoQWo (10MB)
Aleksoid1978 said VP9 Profile 2 (and other video that CUVID can not accelerate) must fall to software decoding now.

Last edited by VictorLS; 18th November 2016 at 12:58.
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 14:34   #21223  |  Link
kathykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarasa View Post
Don't use the "375.86 WHQL" they have a bug
Low memory clocks on certain factory-overclocked Pascal cards.

use the new one "375.95 Hotfix"
Can be found here >
back drop
I am just try download that, but my computer just warn me.
maybe thats the reason.

Last edited by kathykit; 10th January 2017 at 03:14.
kathykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 23:05   #21224  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorLS View Post
Redownload and install patched LAV Filters https://yadi.sk/d/M5KOnw9YyoQWo (10MB)
Aleksoid1978 said VP9 Profile 2 (and other video that CUVID can not accelerate) must fall to software decoding now.
VP9 fallback works now. Do you have the patch too?
Hevc10 looks like this: pic
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 04:30   #21225  |  Link
nussman

I think Aleksoid1978 should explain this patch here.
nussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 05:48   #21226  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
VP9 fallback works now.
Yes, in WinXP too.
Quote:
Do you have the patch too?
I've asked Aleksoid1978's permission to give link.
Quote:
Hevc10 looks like this
Upload your screenshot on other site, please. For example as me here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...32#post1785832
Old 19th November 2016, 06:06   #21227  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Here is a patch - https://yadi.sk/d/laQCuqFAyso7D
Old 19th November 2016, 08:32   #21228  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Upload your screenshot on other site, please.
I mirrored it there.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 08:53   #21229  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
I mirrored it
Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 21:38   #21230  |  Link
VictorLS

I've formated C: and installed there Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 build 14393 Enterprise x64 from 14393.0.160715-1616.rs1_release_CLIENTENTERPRISE_VOL_x64fre_ru-ru.efr.iso from 4GB flash then install update windows10.0-kb3200970-x64.msu and 375.95-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe
I was twice well surprised:
1. Win10's Movies&TV plays many (LAV Splitter opens much more my SAT recordings) of h265 8 and 10bit and VP9 with DXVA2 (because I see artifacts in h264 RussiaHD.ts http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...23#post1784923) without installing any filter.
2. I not see artifacts with CUVID in Aleksoid1978's patched filters (I did regsvr32 them - not install from his exe) in RussiaHD.ts and other such files as in Win7 happens.
I haven't seen any unexpected playback issues (including clsid's http://frupic.frubar.net/shots/34634.png) while playing more than 200 h265 4K files with CUVID (many people here told CUVID not work in Win10 at all - it isn't true in my experiment).
But Win10 is still bad for me:
1. It hangs up in a couple of second after booting begins. I have to press Reset button of my PC - second boot successful but cause HDD check in a future;
2. Not work my old radioremote control ATI Remote Wonder (may be someone knows how to?);
3. Not work my favorite version of DVBViewer;
4. Not friendly interface (for example do Ctrl+Shift instead of Alt+Sift to switch languages is some difficult) and many many other causes...
PS. With CUVID hardware decoding in Win7 I can use again my favorite KMPlayer 4.0.7.1 by 7sh3 without advertising and not send what file is played to someone. IMHO it best with ATI Remote Wonder and it has almost ideal interface (but in KMP I can not set native size of 4K video to see 1/4 of square on my FullHD monitor as MPC-HC can), because DXVA2 (copy-back) glitches sometimes and LAV's DXVA2 (native) not work in KMP at all.

Last edited by VictorLS; 19th November 2016 at 22:04.
Old 19th November 2016, 22:02   #21231  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
1. It hangs up in a couple of second after booting begins. I have to press Reset button of my PC - second boot successful but cause HDD check in a future;
Usually a sign that one of the disks is failing, or some other external device is blocking the boot sequence (I've seen that to a PC that had 2 keyboards connected at the same time, one in PS2 and one in USB).
You should check with as little peripherals as you can in order to pinpoint the exact problem in your system.
Quote:
2. Not work my old radioremote control ATI Remote Wonder (may be someone knows how to?);
You should check the Hardware IDs at the Details tab from Device Manager for the remote control device and check Google in case there is a driver for Windows 10 for that specific device.
Quote:
3. Not work my favorite version of DVBViewer;
You should check ProgDVB, it has frequent updates and it is written by a Russian developer, so you could have a lot of feedback for your local channels
Quote:
4. Not friendly interface (for example do Ctrl+Shift instead of Alt+Sift to switch languages is some difficult) and many many other causes...
Uhm, you can change that key combination from the control panel???
Quote:
PS. With CUVID hardware decoding in Win7 I can use again my favorite KMPlayer 4.0.7.1 by 7sh3 without advertising and not send what file is played to someone - imho it best with ATI Remote Wonder and it has almost ideal interface (but in KMP I can not set native size of 4K video to see 1/4 on my FullHD monitor as MPC-HC can), because DXVA2 (copy-back) glitches sometimes and LAV's DXVA2 (native) not work in KMP at all.
I find latest nightly build of MPC-HC to be exceptionally good with every video I feed to it (having disabled all the internal splitters and decoders in order to use latest ofiicial LAV), even better that MPC-BE or other commonly used players out there.
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 22:20   #21232  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
2. I not see artifacts with CUVID in Aleksoid1978's patched filters (I did regsvr32 them - not install from his exe) in RussiaHD.ts and other such files as in Win7 happens.
Thats because the HQ DXVA mode doesn't work on Windows 10, and it falls back to the CUDA mode - which is just one problem CUVID has on Windows 10, the other one is that it can deadlock when OpenCL is used, ie. by madVR, which is really quite an annoying bug.
Old 19th November 2016, 22:42   #21233  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpower2 View Post
check with as little peripherals as you can in order to pinpoint the exact problem in your system.
I'll check.
Quote:
check Google in case there is a driver for Windows 10 for that specific device.
Even if I will find working driver, there must be program for ATI Remote Wonder. Even Win8x64 last official version worked not stable.
Quote:
check ProgDVB
I respect Prog (for example he implement Maincocept HEVC Video Decoder support instead of nevcairiel, but ProgDVB on .NET and works very slowly compared with DVBViewer. Although ProgDVB has some advantages: for example, it can receive multistream transponders.
Quote:
for your local channels
Artifacts is a global problem of DXVA on nVIDIA and AMD videocards in Win7 as minimum, but nVIDIA has CUVID to decide problem instead of AMD. nVIDIA's Level2 support hasn't answered me about artifacts yet )
Quote:
you can change that key combination from the control panel???
I did it in one minute but it is so deep compared with Win7 ad XP.
Quote:
I find latest nightly build of MPC-HC to be exceptionally good with every video I feed to it, even better that MPC-BE or other commonly used players out there.
I believe but what about remote control and user friendly interface?
Quote:
having disabled all the internal splitters and decoders in order to use latest ofiicial LAV
Why so difficult - I just replace all 12 files in MPC-HC\LAVFilters(64) folder
But I use Aleksoid1978's patched filters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Thats because the HQ DXVA mode doesn't work on Windows 10, and it falls back to the CUDA mode - which is just one problem CUVID has on Windows 10
Thanks for explanation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
the other one is that it can deadlock when OpenCL is used, ie. by madVR, which is really quite an annoying bug.
I haven't tried MadVR in Win10 yet. I hope will be time for that before I uninstall Win10 )

Last edited by VictorLS; 19th November 2016 at 23:45.
Old 20th November 2016, 07:35   #21234  |  Link
TheShadowRunner

nev, should I report the font / temp file (missing characters bug) on the GitHub project page?
Old 20th November 2016, 10:22   #21235  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Even if I will find working driver, there must be program for ATI Remote Wonder. Even Win8x64 last official version worked not stable.
You could use a generic remote control application that lets you assign specific application macros.
Quote:
I respect Prog (for example he implement Maincocept HEVC Video Decoder support instead of nevcairiel, but ProgDVB on .NET and works very slowly compared with DVBViewer. Although ProgDVB has some advantages: for example, it can receive multistream transponders.
Well ProgDVB uses ngen during installation, so .NET code gets compiled in native code, so it's not really a matter of .NET vs native code.
Quote:
I believe but what about remote control and user friendly interface?
User friendliness is quite subjective. As for the remote control capabilities, I strongly suggest to use a generic application.
Quote:
Why so difficult - I just replace all 12 files in MPC-HC\LAVFilters(64) folder
It's not wise to replace those files, since a simple API change in the filters can crash the whole player.
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 10:56   #21236  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
You could use a generic remote control application that lets you assign specific application macros.
I can but better simply stay on quite stable WinXP )
I don't want waste much time for this.
Quote:
Well ProgDVB uses ngen during installation, so .NET code gets compiled in native code, so it's not really a matter of .NET vs native code.
Thanks, I didn't know. By the way for mulistream transponders I use old good fast (but not stable) AltDVB with LAV Video (CUVID acceleration) and VMR7 both in WinXP and in Win7.
Quote:
User friendliness is quite subjective.
I agree. User friendliness of KMP the best on my own. But I have to mention KMP works with filters and renderers worse then MPC-HC(BE) or POT Player.
Quote:
As for the remote control capabilities, I strongly suggest to use a generic application.
If you want help me to set up generic application to remote control MPC-HC please write PM - it's offtop here.
Quote:
It's not wise to replace those files, since a simple API change in the filters can crash the whole player.
Theoretically you are right, but practically I've never seen any problem both in KMP and in MPC-HC.

PS. I tried disconnect all connected to my PC devices excluding SAT-card but including keyboard and mouse and second HDD - Win10 still hangs up (

Last edited by VictorLS; 20th November 2016 at 11:01.
Old 21st November 2016, 02:01   #21237  |  Link
Nintendo Maniac 64

Quote:
Do your laptop not support 1080p hardware acceleration? Can you provide hardware (model of laptop, CPU, GPU if present) and software (OS and player with renderer you use or tried) configuration? Although in any case you have to manually switch from None to DXVA2 in settings of LAV Video Decoder depending on resolution of played video and on battery/on electrical line.
PS. You are lucky - you have this possibility - many people of the world who see artifacts with DXVA can not switch it of in LAV Video Decoder and they don't know about LAV CUVID Decoder. They have to switch off hardware acceleration because they have no choice (but sometimes with weak CPU it is impossible to decode smooth 1080p without hardware acceleration). I hope for them that nevcairiel will add possibility to switch off DXVA Processing in LAV Video Decoder.
I did some quick-and-dirty testing and I think "None" actually doesn't hit my CPU anywhere near as hard as I thought it would; I think I'm too used to web browsers which not only usually have less efficient decoders but also can have fancy-pants javascript-heavy video players (hello twitch.tv!).

Not only that, but because it's an older laptop that uses discrete graphics rather than integrated, it seems that doing GPU decoding (DXVA or CUVID) pulls more power than one would expect as well.

I'll try using "None" for the next few weeks or so and see how it goes.
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 10:27   #21238  |  Link
CruNcher

Depends on the Decoder sure the Discrete Decoder can drain the battery very fast Quicksync i guess you refer to will be always more energy efficient, then going the discrete path of AMD or Nvidia.

And yes depending on the Decoder the CPU can be in certain Scenarios more efficient as well, for example in a Hybrid Decoding Scenario you mostly allways better of using the CPU decoder for the Web

But of course if the other side doesn't care about efficiency in their Render Stack that will go to hell pretty fast

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 21st November 2016 at 10:46.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 01:38   #21239  |  Link
har3inger

I have a quick question about matrix encoding in LAV audio for 5.1-> 2.0. If I select either dolby pro logic I or II, the audio center moves to the right when played back regularly on headphones. Is this intended behavior? More specifically, the center channel stays center after downmixing, but the music from the other channels all moves to the right.
har3inger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 03:02   #21240  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Matrix encoding is only useful if you have a decoder on the other end that understands these matrix encodings. For playing on a stereo system or headphones, use regular downmixing.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter