Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th August 2003, 15:56   #1  |  Link
Master Yoda

Robshot-Bach

What the hell is Robshot-bach,as i set it to a multi pass, but docce4u sets up this robshot-bach and then if you stop cce after docce4u has started its doing a one pass with just the vaf file selected. Whats this about ?

I also set in reauthorist's settings to set cces image priority to 10, but this robshot thing has set cce back to 16.

Last edited by Master Yoda; 6th August 2003 at 15:58.
Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2003, 16:37   #2  |  Link
ShaneZ
Tuna of the Dirt

Re: Robshot-Bach

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda
What the hell is Robshot-bach,as i set it to a multi pass, but docce4u sets up this robshot-bach and then if you stop cce after docce4u has started its doing a one pass with just the vaf file selected. Whats this about ?

I also set in reauthorist's settings to set cces image priority to 10, but this robshot thing has set cce back to 16.
Hmm.. I don't know about the issues you are having with the Robshot-Bach method vs. Multi-pass in DC4U as I usually use thr Robshot-Bach method. If you want more information on it you can check out the Guides section on here in the DVD encoding pages or do a forum search for the RoBa method, as it is also called.

As far as the IQP and other settings being passed from RA to DC4U, I don't think a version of DC4U that reads the exported parameters has been or will be released.

Hope that helped you out

Shane
Old 8th August 2003, 14:58   #3  |  Link
OmegaZero
The hands of fate

Re: Robshot-Bach

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda

It's a bug that I also found in RA (Eyes'Only knows about it but he can't do anything about it...not his bug).
If you set DIF4U to Multipass, and then open RA to handle dummying/re-adjusting bitrate/etc and create a RA DoCCE.txt, RA will set it to Robshot no matter what DIF4U has it as.

Luckily there's a workaround:
Open the RA generated DoCCE.txt in notepad, and either manually change all the ' 0,5 ' at the end of each PGC line to ' 1, 5 ' OR if you're lazy (like me), in notepad, click on 'Replace' and in the 'Find what' field enter 0,5 and in the 'replace with' field enter 1,5, click Replace all and you're done. Multipass enabled for the RA generated DC4U encode.
OmegaZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2003, 16:12   #4  |  Link
Master Yoda

Nice one thanks,i'll try it.
Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote